Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

official 1jz vvti parts thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-11, 05:51 AM
Vrank
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And sorry guys for the link to the pic I edited in guys, only have my iPhone right now and going back and forth is frustrating.

Also, this thread started off in a good direction for those that will actually be doing this themselves as opposed to those who are just going to put money in someones hand to do it, in which case, all this info would be irrelevant. Let's try to keep it that way. No more diluting it with ecock pictures of polished intakes and other useless ****. Your car is nice dude, but the posts are useless. Keep that stuff in your build thread please so that people don't have to go through 9 pages to get info they need. Not trying to be a ****, just sayin...
Old 02-10-11, 07:24 AM
t70 supra
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks Rank ill uplaod some more stuff please add as much as u can
Old 02-14-11, 07:32 PM
BoostedSC3
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

vrank what manifold are you using? i really want to put a 67mm on the car...
Old 02-21-11, 09:30 AM
Vrank
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

eBay Thailand special! It came with a t3 flange. You really need to have it cleaned up though, grind out some slag and may e weld a little more on the merge of the collector inside. Don't know about sc's, but the dump tube had to be modded to fit in my Cressida. Came with a 4 bolt wg flange.
Old 02-26-11, 02:42 PM
t70 supra
Lexus Champion

bump updated today
Old 03-04-11, 07:19 PM
Koa31
Driver

i gotta a 1jzgte vvti that came auto. I want to make manual.... other than the manual parts that i need to collect, would i need a manual ecu or anything of that sort? or will everything be fine?
Old 03-08-11, 11:17 PM
dexlex2002
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Vrank
And sorry guys for the link to the pic I edited in guys, only have my iPhone right now and going back and forth is frustrating.

Also, this thread started off in a good direction for those that will actually be doing this themselves as opposed to those who are just going to put money in someones hand to do it, in which case, all this info would be irrelevant. Let's try to keep it that way. No more diluting it with ecock pictures of polished intakes and other useless ****. Your car is nice dude, but the posts are useless. Keep that stuff in your build thread please so that people don't have to go through 9 pages to get info they need. Not trying to be a ****, just sayin...
....and im just sayin....that this a public forum to share whats being done our cars. So i guess im not allowed to post because im blessed financially to have a shop bulid my car? I posted MY build pics from another forum to show the potential of the engine....... what i have done can be done by anyone. Im just the first to do it. Im sorry if my "polished intake" offends you. No disrespect....but your comments came out like a hater. There will be always someone that will have a better car than you, have more money than you ect...just deal with it...thats life. My intentions were not to dilute this forum. I ordered all the parts for my car and did the research myself...not the shop who built my car.I knew nothing of this engine when i started out. I did this swap in 2008.....when there wasnt any info on this motor. As time went on i learned more and i changed my setup . With that being said everything done to my car is custom. The title of this thread is "THE 1JZVVTI OFFICAIL PARTS THREAD" . Thats what i posted. If you actually read through the ENTIRE thread i answered many questions regarding stock replacement parts forr the engine. Lets keep this thread POSITIVE and keep the hating to ourselves. If you have something personal to say about how and who built my car you are more than welcome to pm me and i will be more than happy to set you srtaight there.

Last edited by dexlex2002; 03-09-11 at 11:17 PM.
Old 03-08-11, 11:20 PM
dexlex2002
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Koa31
i gotta a 1jzgte vvti that came auto. I want to make manual.... other than the manual parts that i need to collect, would i need a manual ecu or anything of that sort? or will everything be fine?
you will need a manual ecu
Old 03-08-11, 11:32 PM
dexlex2002
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by YeA 2jZ
What is the drive shaft set up like for this swap ? Or is it a custom made one, also Dex u said u want to make 500 on this swap is that on a fully stock engine or u plan on building the bottome end sometime soon ?
yep fully stock. i wanna see if i can get 500hp without cams. if so, then i will stop there. we will see what Lance says.
Old 03-08-11, 11:43 PM
dexlex2002
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Vrank
http://i746.photobucket.com/albums/x...e/c0e9ffb0.jpgIntake ports are the same as non VVTi. You can use a non vvti lower and fuelrail for a cheap injector upgrade. I'm using this setup with mk4 550cc injectors because I snagged them with the rail and lower intake for $200. Aristo 440s can be had for usually less than a bill all day. I'm also using the driftmotion 1j heatshield gasket. If you buy the eBay manifold it will require some work. It's fairly sloppy inside. You can make an adapter for the stock 1jvvti exclusive flange to a t3 relatively easy, but since the vvti is a bottom mount manifold stock, you are limited to space depending on your application. Always measure before you drop cash. Also, you can use the later model 1uz maf sensor in place of the stock, iirc it's even the same part number. But any late model Toyota could probably work as long the pin functions on the Maf are matched to the ones on the ecu. A little de/repinning never hurt anybody. As for the person that asked the is300 dude about the custom fuel system, completely disregard him unless you are doing this to an is300 or a vehicle originally equipped with a returnless system. Fuel upgrades will be the same as any previous series jzgte.
your correct on this...the older 1jz lower fuel rail does work....found this out when i ordered the wrong injectors.

Last edited by dexlex2002; 03-08-11 at 11:44 PM. Reason: none
Old 03-09-11, 06:45 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

dexlex202 how do i get in contact with Lance i tried calling their shop number and it wasn't working.
thanks
Old 03-11-11, 06:26 AM
dexlex2002
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by quickGS300
dexlex202 how do i get in contact with Lance i tried calling their shop number and it wasn't working.
thanks
try machines gone wild. Lance is exteremly hard to find. Sometimes he is in the carribean tuning cars for weeks at a time. Just be patient. keep trying machines number.
Old 03-14-11, 10:01 AM
BoostedSC3
Rookie

500+ on a vvti motors been and done. We already eclipsed that using the stock turbo and some spray and then with a 64mm and race gas. All on stock cams, although the new cams should be here in a few weeks. Right now we are on a mission to go 11's on the stock turbo. The point they were making is that yes this is a vvti 1j parts thread. All about the interchangability of parts for the vvti motor to others.. Not your build thread. I to paid a shop (grip-industries) to do my swap (well i physically put it in the hole. they did the wiring). And they will be wiring my vvti swapped FD3S.

As i said earlier. the vvti swaps have been being done since late 05 early 06. Hell i've got pics of 1j vvti swapped is300 from a local meet back in 06 running and driving. Your no where near the 1st.

So relax, post anything that happens to your car that may help the DIY'er do the swap themselves, And start a build thread. Your car is plenty worthy of one of those.

Mike
Old 03-15-11, 10:56 AM
t70 supra
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by BoostedSC3
500+ on a vvti motors been and done. We already eclipsed that using the stock turbo and some spray and then with a 64mm and race gas. All on stock cams, although the new cams should be here in a few weeks. Right now we are on a mission to go 11's on the stock turbo. The point they were making is that yes this is a vvti 1j parts thread. All about the interchangability of parts for the vvti motor to others.. Not your build thread. I to paid a shop (grip-industries) to do my swap (well i physically put it in the hole. they did the wiring). And they will be wiring my vvti swapped FD3S.

As i said earlier. the vvti swaps have been being done since late 05 early 06. Hell i've got pics of 1j vvti swapped is300 from a local meet back in 06 running and driving. Your no where near the 1st.

So relax, post anything that happens to your car that may help the DIY'er do the swap themselves, And start a build thread. Your car is plenty worthy of one of those.

Mike
talking to me ?
Old 03-16-11, 03:54 AM
BoostedSC3
Rookie

nah.. that dex guy.. sorry for the confusion..

Quick Reply: official 1jz vvti parts thread