Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

In with the GTE

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-10, 05:42 AM
SC51
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

meangreen1 Thats what it looks like to me too! How much did you pay for the motor?
I paid 2K shipped plus like 80 for a sc4 Drive shaft and 3-500$ on maintenance parts.
Old 07-15-10, 08:08 PM
meangreen1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SC51
I paid 2K shipped plus like 80 for a sc4 Drive shaft and 3-500$ on maintenance parts.
Not bad. You doing the wiring yourself?
Old 07-16-10, 04:42 PM
SC51
Lexus Test Driver

meangreen1
Not bad. You doing the wiring yourself?
Unfortunately yes.. Talked to Tweak but I don't really have the funds for it, I have wiring and schematic skills I just want to at least get the motor/tranny running for now, Ive been looking at many Aristo wiring threads wish someone had the complete pinouts including the body plug it comes with, Then I just have to figure out what the plugs that branch off the OEM harness near floor mat do.
Old 07-19-10, 02:51 PM
SC51
Lexus Test Driver

So I visited 5 salvage yards today trying to find this connector I looked through many camrys and corolas even a es300 but none seem to have this plug, the one place that does have some obd1 sc's i believe the connectors the same. Guy wouldn't let me back there says your not cutting wires out what happens if I sell a car. I replied dude its a Junkyard no one wants this crap I just need one connector. And he showed me the door. So I'm at a stand still here I'm willing to pay someone for one anything need help/ideas lol

Connector all the way on the right--->
Attached Thumbnails In with the GTE-ecuu.jpg  
Old 07-19-10, 03:02 PM
Gspec
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Go back at night and get the connector....bring some raw meat for the guard dogs..
Old 07-20-10, 08:19 AM
SC51
Lexus Test Driver

Gspec Go back at night and get the connector....bring some raw meat for the guard dogs..
Haha I would but unfortunately I already have a Record for doing that, I found that DR.Tweak sells just the plug lol no pins no wires for 22$ So if anyone has the plug laying around due to going Standalone or something PLEASE let me know!
Old 07-20-10, 11:31 AM
cartmill
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

sc51, i actually have a Toyota PDF of all their electrical connectors with OE #s, so you could use that to just buy the plug from the dealer. these ECUs all take the normal style terminals that you actually pin into the plastic plug you're talking about. they cost like 5-10$ from the dealer. i'm pretty sure this is what DrTweak does, and he probably has the same PDF.
this is what i did with my 1jzvvti swap. it was missing two big plugs from the body harness on the Chaser that were missing (obviously because i don't have a chaser, and the SC stuff doesn't plug right in, and i couldnt find a soarer harness)
I may actually have one of these plugs chillin in my garage, as i had a spare SC harness and cutoff/kept a bunch of the plugs off it it.

send me a PM if you want some help.

also, FWIW, it looks like the male side of that connector on the far right (pictured) is actually stuck into the female side of the ECU. when you look at the ECU like you have pictured there, you should only see the pins, not the actual plastic plug filling it in. see if you can get it out of there. does that make sense? you may already know this.
Old 07-20-10, 01:28 PM
SC51
Lexus Test Driver

^ Thanks for the info ya if you could find a connector thatd be great Tweak said he made me one with the pins and wired for 75 Shipped.
Old 07-20-10, 04:12 PM
SC51
Lexus Test Driver

Slow updates New HG ARPs, heads all torqued new plugs .028, oil pans cleaned/ changed, removed old water pump.
Attached Thumbnails In with the GTE-un.jpg   In with the GTE-dos.jpg   In with the GTE-tres.jpg   In with the GTE-quatro.jpg   In with the GTE-says.jpg  

Old 07-21-10, 02:56 AM
soarer13oy
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey i have the ecu plug if you need it. pm me. Double check the star on the crank while you have the harmonic balancer off because if its not connected to the gear anymore your car wont start. Didnt want to go with a oem water pump?

Last edited by soarer13oy; 07-21-10 at 03:00 AM.
Old 07-21-10, 05:29 AM
SC51
Lexus Test Driver

Niice PM sent. I'm using a new USDM TT pump pretty sure i have to use the back housing part from the stock one. And I did notice a star thing on crank bolt I'll make sure its secure when I do the timing.
Old 07-21-10, 06:40 AM
cartmill
Lexus Test Driver

hey buddy you need to replace that oil pump too. there is no telling what kind of nasty **** is down in that oil pump.
i would make sure to get an OEM Toyota (Aisin) oil pump too. this is a vital part and i wouldnt skimp on quality on this one part.
Old 07-21-10, 02:47 PM
SC51
Lexus Test Driver

cartmill hey buddy you need to replace that oil pump too. there is no telling what kind of nasty **** is down in that oil pump.
i would make sure to get an OEM Toyota (Aisin) oil pump too. this is a vital part and i wouldnt skimp on quality on this one part.
^ Good info But unfortunately don't have the funds, bottom end of the motor looked clean but I'm going to run a couple of flushes through the motor before I fill her with synthetic
Old 07-21-10, 08:17 PM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I understand your funds are low but the Oil pump is no J/K Please again i say please don't reinstall the Oil pump that came with the GTE, If your want you can use the one off your GE engine it works fine.
Old 07-21-10, 08:49 PM
cartmill
Lexus Test Driver

sc51 you're doing a motor swap with a gunked up old *** used 2jz. you can't be skimping on stuff like the oil pump

Quick Reply: In with the GTE