Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

In with the GTE

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-10, 09:14 PM
SC51
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

StiCk3 ours uses the same flange, just make sure the pins for the sensor plugs match up. If you can pull the part number off the old O2 sensor and pick one up from toyota or where ever.
My sc doesn't use the same flange all mine on the 99 were all just screw in type(like a spark plug) and that how my 3in DP type is. So I guess an easier question would be can I just use a universal o2 sensor? Its a 3 wire on the JDM and they only use 1 o2.
Old 07-27-10, 10:27 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

you can use the old screw in type off the '99 and splice them into your new wiring harness as long as they have the same number of wires (you will have to do it anyways with a universal). I think both the '99 ge and the gte are heated sensors, but if the ge isn't heated (only 1 wire like the older sc's) then universal is the easiest way.
Old 07-27-10, 10:47 AM
qksl2
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SC51
^ Thanks ya I actually ordered the e10 w leads from Dr Tweak. Your car looks awsome in the sig pic.

I have all the schematics for the Aristo ecu if anyone has one or a link for the BIG GREY body plug that'd be awesome!

I'm probably going to get banned since it has our shop on it, but I don't have time to PS it out so I guess I made my bed. Thank Aaron for this thing!

Ian
Old 07-27-10, 01:12 PM
SC51
Lexus Test Driver

Ali SC3 you can use the old screw in type off the '99 and splice them into your new wiring harness as long as they have the same number of wires (you will have to do it anyways with a universal). I think both the '99 ge and the gte are heated sensors, but if the ge isn't heated (only 1 wire like the older sc's) then universal is the easiest way.
True ya because my 99 is a 4 wire and also obd2 and the JDM is obd1 and 3 wire but if any universal type works i'll just order one for a obd1 sc300?

I'm probably going to get banned since it has our shop on it, but I don't have time to PS it out so I guess I made my bed. Thank Aaron for this thing!

Ian
^ Wow thanks alot Ian and Aaron Great post and will be very beneficial to anyone doing the wiring!!

*Update replacing oil pump does require pulling pans off theres 2 nubs on the bottom of the oil pump that will get in the way and you cant slide it off (Bad design) Now time to re- re-seal everything!
Old 07-27-10, 02:12 PM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

No i've replaced a couple of Oil pumps W/O removing the Upper oil pan lol.
Atleast you got it so it's all good.
Old 07-27-10, 03:12 PM
StiCk3
Lexus Champion

if it's the 3 wire O2 sensor (like mine) im pretty sure a 90-92 MKIII supra O2 sensor should work. I'm not sure if the plugs are the same, but if they are just swap the female side of the connector from a MKIII plug.

BTW, do you know what year your motor is?
Old 07-27-10, 03:40 PM
qksl2
Pole Position

Originally Posted by quickGS300
No i've replaced a couple of Oil pumps W/O removing the Upper oil pan lol.
Atleast you got it so it's all good.
You can, but you almost always get a better seal dropping the pan because of the nubs that locate the oil pump. It isn't hard, just drop the subframe if it is in the car and hold the engine up with a lift. Gives you a good opportunity to do the upper/lower/fms/oil pump and P/S lines which are always leaky. Then again maybe you have ninja skills we all just lack haha!

Ian
Old 07-27-10, 03:46 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

True ya because my 99 is a 4 wire and also obd2 and the JDM is obd1 and 3 wire but if any universal type works i'll just order one for a obd1 sc300?
odb1 sc300 is 1 wire non heated (unless you are cali i think).
Some of the odb1 supra TT use the 3 wire o2 sensor. Its been a while but I know the 3 wire screw in type came on some year of the supra. easiest would be to get the universal, no hunting through toyota manuals and it will be cheaper.
Old 07-27-10, 08:10 PM
SC51
Lexus Test Driver

^ True looks like universal is the way to go, also updates came to a stop when my friend from Toyota never showed with the figp sealant So in a couple days ill have a day off and try to button up the whole motor also noticed I was missing the crankshaft seal from my gasket kit. Also whats the purpose of the star thing on the crank sprocket I know there's a notch in it but why is it necessary?
Old 07-28-10, 04:48 AM
soarer13oy
Lexus Champion

^ True looks like universal is the way to go, also updates came to a stop when my friend from Toyota never showed with the figp sealant So in a couple days ill have a day off and try to button up the whole motor also noticed I was missing the crankshaft seal from my gasket kit. Also whats the purpose of the star thing on the crank sprocket I know there's a notch in it but why is it necessary?
The star thing sends a signal to your crank sensor which powers the injectors and coils.
Old 07-28-10, 05:21 AM
SC51
Lexus Test Driver

soarer13oy
The star thing sends a signal to your crank sensor which powers the injectors and coils.
Wow really I would have never guessed I wonder how that works.
Old 07-28-10, 09:00 AM
qksl2
Pole Position

Make sure to TIG tack it to the back of the crank timing belt cog, they sometimes come loose.

Ian
Old 07-28-10, 10:43 AM
soarer13oy
Lexus Champion

Wow really I would have never guessed I wonder how that works.
Yeah me neither. Sometimes that star separates from the gear and this will cause your car not to start. Also install the hybrid harness before you drop the motor in.
Old 07-28-10, 02:03 PM
SC51
Lexus Test Driver

qksl2 Make sure to TIG tack it to the back of the crank timing belt cog, they sometimes come loose.

Ian
^Good thinking

soarer13oy
Yeah me neither. Sometimes that star separates from the gear and this will cause your car not to start. Also install the hybrid harness before you drop the motor in.
No hybrid harness just running the Aristo. And also I dented the crank sensor a little bit, will that affect it, or should I just use the one off the SC there identical.
Old 07-28-10, 02:07 PM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Just use the one off the GE since it was in working condition before you pulled that motor out.

Quick Reply: In with the GTE