Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

2JZGTE Stumble when throttle open

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-10, 12:20 PM
ICONYQ
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2JZGTE Stumble when throttle open

Hey guys...been awhile. Had some personal stuff come up and now I can get back to playing with the car. I have posted a video so you guys can see/hear what is happening.

My thoughts:
1. Fuel issue? This has the stock USDM GTE injectors and a walbro fuel pump with 12v bypass. I have not checked the pressure, if I do that I will redo all the hoses as the stock system is a PITA to get an inline into.

2. O2 issue. I am thinking highly unlikley since this is just at start up. I was having this with no code and no sensor connected. I connected the sensor and now throwing a code. Going to go back and look at the wiring.

3. Just another datapoint I am having a cold start issue. I am thinking it is in the wiring. If I spray starting fluid in it will start fine as you see/hear in the video. Without it I will just crank and crank.

yes I have new plugs, new gas, getting fuel. If I just let it idle without opening the throttle it will idle just fine.

Thanks guys. Its been a long time and I just want to finish this up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-9A_sBe-Os