Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

1jz alternator plug ..question. where can i find a replacement or fix.? pics included

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-10, 12:23 PM
tranii2
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1jz alternator plug ..question. where can i find a replacement or fix.? pics included

from the pics the new high out put alt. i bought has round circle plugs, but my car sc300 with 1jz motor has a more oval plug..

1.is there a model of sc300s or somewhere i can find this circle plug and rewire it myself??

2. do you guys know if the oval plugs from the car wiring can also be source any where also as i might go this route because mine is corruded and seems like the round plugs is a better design.?
if this case i will have to send the alt back to the shop and tell them its a wrong unit.
what car are they in?
thankyou for you help..
Attached Thumbnails 1jz alternator plug ..question. where can i find a replacement or fix.? pics included-1jzalt.jpg  
Old 07-18-10, 12:31 PM
RED95sc
Pole Position

damn i just threw my old 1jz plug away cuz i went back to using 2jz alt. why dont you just get a SC300 alt so you dont have to search for a plug. where did you buy that alt from?, cuz thats an OEM soarer alt. i doubt if any SC300 alt plug will fit that. i had to switch plugs to use the soarer alt, but when it went bad, i switched back to sc300 alt.
Old 07-18-10, 12:45 PM
tranii2
Rookie

well darn it!!...it was bought from suprastore because its higher output..because i replace to the stock alternator when it first died about 6 months ago and its now not holding up to all the electrical im running..hid, stero, electric fans, gauges....
it is my best bet to upgrade to this higher output just to be on the safe side. i dont want to replace alt every half a year..

and the oval plug is dirty.. so i want to replace it with the round one if its a quicker easier choice..if not i will send the unit back to SS. and get the right one. i have just emailed them so i geuss i still have to wait to see if i should return the item and wait some more..

thankyou for your response..so then the round plug is from the soarer and the oval plug is probably chaser?most likely only two connectors for the 1jz exist..

then its a rare find to find this soarer connector... :/

Last edited by tranii2; 07-18-10 at 12:58 PM.
Old 07-18-10, 03:47 PM
tranii2
Rookie

part was found by googling nippondenso or toyota alternator 3 wire plugs. they do have replacements ..on ebay too..
Old 07-18-10, 04:04 PM
RyanV
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The info is here on these forums..

oval 95+ round 92-94'