Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

OBX ITB's???

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-10, 07:31 AM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
This guy is making over 400whp on NA if Im not mistaken.... although I think its a 1uz/2uz hybrid.
Old 09-17-10, 09:08 AM
BartleDoo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Klaus was using bars for his estimation, though...Probably because bars sounds cooler than atmospheres.
Old 06-21-11, 07:28 PM
Turbo?
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kwg
agreeded. n/a tuning is expensive as well and wont make nearly as much power for the price
It honestly, it all depends in what you want to do. Some of us want to go drift, and others drag, or track.
Some of us just want to keep it simple and dont need to go all out with the 2jz,
1uz-fe ITB's setup would be pretty sick, and im actually considering it as well.
Old 06-21-11, 07:54 PM
Klaus
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like you're underestimating the complexity of a CORRECTLY running ITB setup.
Old 06-21-11, 08:23 PM
DFab
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Klaus
Sounds like you're underestimating the complexity of a CORRECTLY running ITB setup.
^ That
I'm pretty new on here but I have had both set ups, N/A with ITBs and boost. Both set ups were driven daily on my B series civic I had before my SC. The ITBs were just as sick as you would think but pretty much killed daily jump-in-and-drive fun of a modded car. It was more like get in the car, pull out the lap top, start the car, play with the tune a little, start driving, come to a light/mess with tune a little more. Finally after your pretty much where you were headed, you have it where it needs to be. Now this was with a map sensor not maf, which would be much easier to make reliable for a daily. The car was a blast to drive but I got tired of messing with it, took them off and threw a little boost at it. And to be honest, this was when the car was most fun(even though it was FWD). For the time and money I had in doing ITBs, it was more hassle than its worth. I do love the sound of ITBs but once I built the box and routed the air from the fender, you really couldn't hear them like you can with just stacks. And to make power with ITBs, you better be pulling cool air. Not trying to knock N/A at all but really boost on a small engine seems to make it happy... If you want relatively cheap reliable N/A power, you need to start thinking LSx.
Old 06-21-11, 08:26 PM
DFab
Driver School Candidate

Oh yeah forgot to ask why you were even considering OBX for your ITBs? Not a good idea. If you are really serious you need to start looking at TWM and like companies... You really get what you pay for!