Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

JDM 2jzgte: Restrictor ring and fuel cut?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-10, 05:28 AM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by djkevin510
hey so did you just dissconnect pin 76? how is your starter rigged up?

i looked at my ecu and there is no wire comming out of pin 76?
I know man, I read on the other threads that you dont have a wire there. That sucks! It seems your fix wont be as straightforward.

I just pulled pin 76 out of the connector and let the wire hang loose(taped up of course).

For my starter I just tied the B and B/W wires together at the transmission plug. (pins 5 and 6).

When I built the harness for my car, I ditched every wire that was not needed for the auto trans etc. The only wires I have going to my trans are for reverse lights and speed sensor now.

Is your car doing what mine was? You can rev it all the way out as long as you aren't wot?
Old 10-09-10, 05:31 AM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by soarer13oy
Hey for your ac clutch did it sound like a cracking noise? Mines just started making noise and im not sure if its the ac or power steering. Its so loud.
It was making like a knocking, crunching noise. Imagine if you were able to put rocks in your mouth and chew them. That's pretty much the sound it was making lol.
Old 10-09-10, 05:33 AM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by djkevin510
i just finished my aristo swap last week and i also did a 3 inch no cat no nothing all the way back and im cutting out at around 4-5 also when im on full throttle... sometimes i can go pass 4 of 5rpms if i play with the throttle. from 4th to 3rd and 100% throttle then it will cut out... if i go from 1st to 2st only thinng i can think of is.....aristo 5krpm limit something to do with the nss and boost cut or fuel cut.

im running stock aristo 2jzgte 3 inch intercooler piping 3 inch exhaust all the way back and r154 swap
Man you need to get a boost gauge on the car, because again, with that open exhaust you are prolly just hitting fuel cut.
Old 10-09-10, 05:54 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by stockhatch
Hehe, thanks! Yeah it was driving me almost as mad as the tach did.

Next for me is to make a short PS hose since my stocker leaks. I swapped the ac clutch out since my SC one was noisy(I thought it was the PS pump till I got everything apart).

Then its time to clean the car up since it has been neglected in that regard for over a month now.

I am also going to schedule a dyno session for next time it is free so I can get a stock baseline before I up the boost and grenade the Aristo turbos

6-speed huh? I thought you were selling all your stuff off man? Glad to hear you're sticking with it. I aspire to one day have a car as bad as yours.

Ultimate goal for mine is a smallish single and around 450-500whp. I figure that's a pretty conservative goal with the R154.
Glad you got it going bro.

How is the W58 holding up? I just finished an R154 swap last night the owner went thru (4) W58s and he was only making 356RWHP.

Billet 62 and 67 are my favorite Turbo (s) you may wanna look into those.

I sold all my parts and the car is going back to stock, once i finish my buddy's SC ,It's a Supra Swap gte with v160

I will be back in about a year or so

lol my SC wasn't "all that".... it was ok, but the next one will be serious.

Please post up some pics when you get a chance.
Old 10-09-10, 06:04 AM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

The W58 is holding so far, but is getting tired. Its pretty loud, and the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts are kinda crunchy I have the R154 standing by to swap in, but who knows how it will shift. I am debating ordering the parts and just going through the R154 so I know what I have.

I like the sounds of the v160 supra swap man. Good luck with it

Oh, I was considering a 6262 billet for when I go single, but that is a ways off yet. I still need wheels and a drop!
Old 08-19-13, 07:14 PM
elliotluck
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=stockhatch;5848906]Ok, it is fixed!

Hey I have been having the same problem with my swap cause I went vvti gte. I was wondering did you just pull out the whole 76 out the ecu or just a certian wire off 76.
Old 08-20-13, 04:35 PM
Cleanshots
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

this was 3 years old why did you bump this?..