Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Sad morning.

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-10, 01:48 PM
soarer13oy
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive had ic pipes pop off and i was still able to drive the car with no problems other than boosting. Ive had vacuum lines come off but that would raise my idle.
Old 12-02-10, 07:35 PM
good2go
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by scfou
I'm almost 100% sure it's one of the pipes from the intercooler. Just by inspecting or even trying to move the clamps won't justify the problem. Check the bottom pipes as well and i'd tighten every hose clamp again. It has to be. I think you are wasting too much time checking other things.

I don't get this post at all. How is an IC pipe gonna affect the timing belt. Were you thinking about the FAN belt maybe?
Old 12-02-10, 08:54 PM
SC51
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good2go
Quote:
Originally Posted by scfou View Post
I'm almost 100% sure it's one of the pipes from the intercooler. Just by inspecting or even trying to move the clamps won't justify the problem. Check the bottom pipes as well and i'd tighten every hose clamp again. It has to be. I think you are wasting too much time checking other things.

I don't get this post at all. How is an IC pipe gonna affect the timing belt. Were you thinking about the FAN belt maybe?
I think he was referring to my 1st problem why I broke down in the first place, but I Checked again IC pipes are good, Ya the 2nd issue I found when I took the cover off was the T-Belt looking a little thin and alot of rubber/clothe like debris so it must be rubbing on something,

once the wires and plugs come in and I get the starting issue solved I'll find the culprit to the timing belt
Old 12-03-10, 08:04 PM
S142jz
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you have Crank Pulse ??
Old 12-05-10, 04:08 PM
SC51
Lexus Test Driver

^I'm not sure, can't try starting it until the wires come in
Old 12-11-10, 01:54 PM
SC51
Lexus Test Driver

* Update all new coil wires installed new plugs new valve cover vents annnnd, nothing Same thing smell fuel, plugs wont spark at all. Time to go to the store and get a volt/ohm meter since mines broken.
Old 12-11-10, 02:50 PM
RX7 RAGE
Lexus Test Driver

Damn, hope the issue gets fixed soon.
Old 12-12-10, 10:30 AM
SpiderN9NE
Lead Lap

Post maybe

just throwing this out there. but could it be the star thing on the gear behind the crank pulley. if it has came loose then the crank sensor isnt gonna be working correctly.

Last edited by SpiderN9NE; 12-13-10 at 02:15 AM.
Old 12-12-10, 11:25 AM
RyanV
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SC51
^^ Thank alot guys.

So I did the test and the CEL display just stays lit constant with ign on. And thats with or w/o the jumper wire in???

I'm pretty sure the CEL light is wired rite only one wire 6(W) Malfunction indicator light.
no thats not right, if there's no code stored it should constantly flash. you sure you had a wire well enough stuck into E1 & TE1 of the diag port?

Just Fyi-
Be very careful of the ignition coils when the car is running, if they arc and hit you, you can be killed in an instant from the voltage they are putting out. Pulling the connectors while the car is running to test a difference in idle is quite dangerous.

Last edited by RyanV; 12-12-10 at 11:35 AM.
Old 12-12-10, 11:26 AM
SC51
Lexus Test Driver

So I got a new meter spec of coils are suppose to be COLD between .54-.84 ohms

my reading were
coil 1- .9ohm
2- .8ohm
3- .9ohm
4- .9ohm
5- .8ohm
6- .9ohm
Old 12-12-10, 12:31 PM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I dont think its your coils man. For enough coils to go bad at once to make it not start at all would be very unlikely. I would be more inclined to suspect crank sensor as I mentioned before, especially since you suspect the timing belt is rubbing on something.

That would be the first thing I did, would be to pull the lower timing cover, and check out all of the timing mechanicals.

You may see the obvious cause of your no-start right then and there. If everything turns out to be fine timing-wise, then check the crank sensor. Also check both cam sensors, and then if all that checks out, look at igniter and ecu.
Old 12-12-10, 01:47 PM
SC51
Lexus Test Driver

RyanV
no thats not right, if there's no code stored it should constantly flash. you sure you had a wire well enough stuck into E1 & TE1 of the diag port?

Just Fyi-
Be very careful of the ignition coils when the car is running, if they arc and hit you, you can be killed in an instant from the voltage they are putting out. Pulling the connectors while the car is running to test a difference in idle is quite dangerous.
Good input here and ya I just stuck a piece of wire in there maybe it wasn't far enough down.

stockhatch I dont think its your coils man. For enough coils to go bad at once to make it not start at all would be very unlikely. I would be more inclined to suspect crank sensor as I mentioned before, especially since you suspect the timing belt is rubbing on something.

That would be the first thing I did, would be to pull the lower timing cover, and check out all of the timing mechanicals.

You may see the obvious cause of your no-start right then and there. If everything turns out to be fine timing-wise, then check the crank sensor. Also check both cam sensors, and then if all that checks out, look at igniter and ecu.
Thanks that will be the next thing I check when I get some time off!
Old 12-14-10, 05:38 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Check the wire at pin 58B, It's IGF i had issue with that wire car won't start or will just shut off and won't start.
Old 12-15-10, 01:25 PM
SC51
Lexus Test Driver

So I ohmed out the crank sensor it was 1.86K so that checks out ok.

quickGS300 Check the wire at pin 58B, It's IGF i had issue with that wire car won't start or will just shut off and won't start.
Do you mean like the wire was pulling out of the plug? I checked the pin and it looked to be there still.
Old 12-15-10, 01:58 PM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SC51
So I ohmed out the crank sensor it was 1.86K so that checks out ok.

Do you mean like the wire was pulling out of the plug? I checked the pin and it looked to be there still.
Wiggle that wire while trying to start the car and see what happen

Quick Reply: Sad morning.