Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

2jz-ge turbo header wont fit big turbo fix

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-11, 09:40 PM
skipjagger
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1sxyrxy
i just cut my flange off and re welded it on at a dif angle, worked fine and was free
got any other pix?
Old 03-05-11, 12:37 PM
skipjagger
Rookie

this is another view of the turbo mounted on the spacer and kinda where i routed the piping near the alternator

Old 04-26-11, 09:11 AM
HiPSI
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Are you still fabbing these?
Old 04-26-11, 05:44 PM
skipjagger
Rookie

yes, i have the jig for it. but i dont have any premade cause of lack of interst ( i presume because of the shorter distributor cap, you can use it for up to i believe a 61 mm or so turbo and/or the fact that you can just cut the flange off the header and turn it, but doing this will somewhat restrict the flow to the turbo which is y i decided to make the flange in the first place and not just cut and turn mine) they end up costing 65 bux plus flat rate shipping. its made for a front facing intake manifold it MAY fit w/ the na intake manifold but i have not tried it yet, if the short distributor cap wont work for you and you have a na intake manifold and are still intersted in one of these spacers i can throw my na intake back on my motor(its still apart right now and it would be easy) and check it/ take some pics for you. let me know ether way please
Old 04-26-11, 06:51 PM
HiPSI
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by skipjagger
yes, i have the jig for it. but i dont have any premade cause of lack of interst ( i presume because of the shorter distributor cap, you can use it for up to i believe a 61 mm or so turbo and/or the fact that you can just cut the flange off the header and turn it, but doing this will somewhat restrict the flow to the turbo which is y i decided to make the flange in the first place and not just cut and turn mine) they end up costing 65 bux plus flat rate shipping. its made for a front facing intake manifold it MAY fit w/ the na intake manifold but i have not tried it yet, if the short distributor cap wont work for you and you have a na intake manifold and are still intersted in one of these spacers i can throw my na intake back on my motor(its still apart right now and it would be easy) and check it/ take some pics for you. let me know ether way please
Cool, I can find T3 to T4 adapters for 40 bucks but T4 to T4 just doesn't exist.

I'll let you know what I decide to do. What I'd love to do is be able to fit a borg warner or gt42 / 7175 billet sized turbo charger on the ebay manifold (if it's even physically possible). I figure this spacer might give enough space from the #1 runner to clear the compressor housing.
Old 04-26-11, 08:48 PM
skipjagger
Rookie

Originally Posted by HiPSI
Cool, I can find T3 to T4 adapters for 40 bucks but T4 to T4 just doesn't exist.

I'll let you know what I decide to do. What I'd love to do is be able to fit a borg warner or gt42 / 7175 billet sized turbo charger on the ebay manifold (if it's even physically possible). I figure this spacer might give enough space from the #1 runner to clear the compressor housing.
wish i could make em for cheaper but in order to do that i would have to sell a bunch more and get the stuff lasercut and cnc bent. i have to hand bend all these!

thx for the t3 spacer pic!!
Old 04-26-11, 08:53 PM
skipjagger
Rookie

Originally Posted by 1sxyrxy
do me a favor will you if your still subscribed to this. can you take a pic of how close the compressor housing is to the #1 primary tube? and how close the "out" from the compressor is from your strut/wheel well. it looks quite close in this pic
Old 04-26-11, 09:39 PM
HiPSI
Lexus Test Driver

There some some good pictures of the "clocked" t4 flange welded on top of the divided flange that comes on the turbo xs manifold. This was on a t61 and it allowed him to clear the distributor fine, plus it gives more pictures to reference to.

http://forum.clubna-t.com/showthread...odify+manifold
Old 04-26-11, 09:54 PM
HiPSI
Lexus Test Driver

Club Na-T has a ton of useful info:

DaveH's GT42 Spacer on ebay header???:

***The angle of the header t4 flange used here looks much different then the ebay ones**

http://forum.clubna-t.com/showthread...highlight=gt42

"This does not clear the distributor, and you will need a TT style intake manifold to run this setup." <--- LOL

I'm not so much interested in the GT42, but possibly the billet 7175 or a Borg Warner of equivalent size.
Old 05-11-11, 09:31 PM
HiPSI
Lexus Test Driver

More lurking around club na-t and found a member that was able to fit a borg warner s380 onto an xspower ebay manifold.

Fitment pix start at post #4:
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...th400-s380-etc

I was pumped to finally find someone successfully mount a beast borg warner on the ebay manifold without some crazy $$$$ manifold. Just thought I'd share, most of you guys have probably seen that thread already but I figured I'd post it for reference.
Old 05-12-11, 08:05 PM
skipjagger
Rookie

thank you for snagging all the pics!!