Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Mechanic says my trans is "nearly perfect" - so what the heck is going on?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-11, 05:04 PM
RSTSpeed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by account2x
That is the ABS ECU. Transmission ECU and the Engine ECU are one. You can see A/T for Automatic Transmission printed on it.
Yea, I thought there was a separate "ecm" for the transmission though. Crap. Thanks though!
Old 03-25-11, 07:20 PM
pieisgude
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been trying to find a solution to this as well. Cause after i changed my spark plugs, and having a little issue with the throttle body, the car was having these awful shifts. Mine also had a higher idle. =/ I'm nervous about tweaking the TPS, cause i feel like that could've cause something. But i'm not sure if that would relate to the transmission's funky shifting. For now, i just baby the car until it warms up.
Old 03-25-11, 07:25 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 196 Likes on 140 Posts

sorry i have no advice for you guys----just want to wish u good luck

hope you figure it out
Old 07-26-11, 04:07 PM
RSTSpeed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Reviving an older thread...

Well, I pulled the motor and trans yesterday! Rebuilding the motor (from the ground up) and have GOT to figure out what I'm gonna do about this transmission.
I think what I'm going to do is replace the torque convertor with the Lextreme 2800 stall unit that I've had sitting in my garage forever and replace the valvebody. Now to my question: I remember reading somewhere about someone saying that you can get aftermarket/upgraded valvebodies... but where? I really think that the combo of the two is causing my problem, but I don't know.

Can anyone tell me where to find one of these so-called performance valvebodies?
Attached Thumbnails Mechanic says my trans is "nearly perfect" - so what the heck is going on?-img_0655-smaller.jpg