Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Is there a swap guide for SC400 Auto Tanny

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-11, 10:48 PM
FlyRyde
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there a swap guide for SC400 Auto Tanny

I searched but didn't find anything as far as a how to. I just need to go pull an auto tranny out of an SC400 and swap it out with mine. I have 246xxx on mine, and its slipping like crazy unless fully warmed up. On a cold start up, I have to wait at least 2 minutes before it'll kick into reverse. No joke. Putting it in drive on a cold start I probably have to wait at least 40 seconds, and it falls out of gear at stops, then kicks back in.

When it shifts to 2nd, it'll rev up to 3500 rpms even when I'm just barely giving it any gas. After it slowly falls back down and goes into 3rd its all gravy. I am driving this thing liike a grandma around town, and I think just a simple swap for another 92-94 SC400 auto will do the trick no? Please point me to the right thread, or spoonfeed me the info, I appreciate it up front, and apologize if this is a redundant post about a common issue. Thanks ahead.
Old 01-19-11, 07:41 PM
mtnrat
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have a look in "the ultimate w58 swap thread". It goes through the removal of the auto. Just reverse what you did to put it back in. Just leave the stuff that you still need for the auto such as the tranny cooler lines and you will be good to go. It is not difficult.