Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Last nites Seafoam experience on my 1JZ

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-11, 12:05 PM
kikcaffine
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Meh, for the 2hp gain, id rather just up the boost.
Old 03-02-11, 08:16 PM
abounly
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by scENFORCER
I've asked a couple mechanics about it. They were all cautious about it saying that stuff as toxic as seafom is really bad for anything rubber in the car, like engine seals and such. So you might not see any adverse effects for a while, but those rubber components will deteriorate much quicker. Any truth to this? Or is seafom made to be rubber friendly?

As curious as I am about this, I think I'm going to stay away from it, and maybe only try it on beater cars..
I've done it on my sc300 with 180k and i felt a big difference it was much quieter quicker acceleration.

Originally Posted by kikcaffine
Meh, for the 2hp gain, id rather just up the boost.
Hm, something that helps clean your engine or being lazy and cranking up the boost which could potentially harm your engine...

hmmm
Old 03-03-11, 07:14 PM
khailon
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats alot of smoke! i always wanted to use seafoam but too afraid
Old 03-03-11, 07:25 PM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sc300jz
I've done it on my sc300 with 180k and i felt a big difference it was much quieter quicker acceleration.
Ya but I'm worried about the engine failing a lot sooner than it normally would as a result of this..
Old 03-03-11, 08:36 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts

I've asked a couple mechanics about it. They were all cautious about it saying that stuff as toxic as seafom is really bad for anything rubber in the car, like engine seals and such. So you might not see any adverse effects for a while, but those rubber components will deteriorate much quicker. Any truth to this? Or is seafom made to be rubber friendly?

As curious as I am about this, I think I'm going to stay away from it, and maybe only try it on beater cars..
Ya but I'm worried about the engine failing a lot sooner than it normally would as a result of this..
im with you on this scenforcer----i dont think i want to experiment on this with my car as it is right now------it has low miles and has given me no problems.

I can understand doing this to a car with higher mileage and the car may be sluggish or desperate for a cleaning ---but like the saying goes--if it aint broken dont fix it---im not going to bother