Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Can I run an aristo ecu on my 1jz soarer swap?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-11, 10:57 PM
frankdms
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AliSc3 is on point on this one.

OP- If I was in your shoes I would get an aristo harness/ injectors and call it a day.
Old 05-21-11, 11:38 PM
Bigzavs
Driver

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
you would only need extra wiring if you are keeping your 1jz harness, which you would never do if you were to use an Aristo Ecu. the plugs arent even close.

The idea is you use a stock sc300 harness, which plugs directly into an Aristo ECU, and also directly into the sc300 (where it came from). The 1jz and 2jz use basically the same sensors, you may have to extend a few connectors, wire up the cam/crank sensors to the old distributor plug, install map sensor and IAT where the old maf plug was and install the ignition harness which you can rip off your old harness. you will need larger injectors which are very easy to come by some 440cc or larger with a piggyback.
This is why I said you would need an adapter harness. I have made a few of them for JZA70 harness to Aristo ECU's before. Making a JZZ30 to Aristo would be on the more difficult side as the ecu side connector is not nearly as available as the JZA70 style is.

OP is talking about using it on his 1JZ swapped car, which would not have the stock SC300 harness or 2J style connector, needing an adapter harness and re-wiring of the injectors, like I stated. Now if he had a harness with a 2J style ecu connector, then no there wouldn't be need for rewiring of any kind.

The GTE's use the exact same sensors, the 2J just has a few extra ones that the 1J's did not have. But converting over a GE harness would be a waste of time with the price and availability of the Aristo harness, which would require much less work.

Last edited by Bigzavs; 05-21-11 at 11:45 PM.
Old 05-22-11, 06:07 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigzavs
This is why I said you would need an adapter harness. I have made a few of them for JZA70 harness to Aristo ECU's before. Making a JZZ30 to Aristo would be on the more difficult side as the ecu side connector is not nearly as available as the JZA70 style is.

OP is talking about using it on his 1JZ swapped car, which would not have the stock SC300 harness or 2J style connector, needing an adapter harness and re-wiring of the injectors, like I stated. Now if he had a harness with a 2J style ecu connector, then no there wouldn't be need for rewiring of any kind.

The GTE's use the exact same sensors, the 2J just has a few extra ones that the 1J's did not have. But converting over a GE harness would be a waste of time with the price and availability of the Aristo harness, which would require much less work.
were trying to avoid jumper harnesses here, we know about that already, and yes if you go that route you would have to add 3 more injector wires, which is really not very difficult at all either, but you will have one messy harness which has been extended in your car, plus you have to buy a really expensive jumper harness if you cannot make one yourself. call me crazy but I prefer having a whole unaltered harness and adding some extra wires instead of having to extend every wire heading to the ecu and use a jumper on it.

I just really do not understand how an aristo harness is cheaper??
it doesn't even plug into SC body plugs (the more difficult wires to route), and it needs to be extended. that requires extensive wiring work unless you splice it into a SC300 harness or you send it to Dr. Tweak (ever wonder why he always asks you to send him the cars original harness and the new engines harness, its pretty obvious he adds the missing stuff to the old harness, thats splicing).

The route I suggest uses the cheapest harness you can buy and plugs into an SC. unless you are afraid of wiring the handfull of wires i listed above, an Aristo harness plus extension plus conversion is gonna cost you a whole bunch more $$ and time and still wont be as good as a stock untouched harness. you can pick up a stock sc300 harness for much cheaper than any of the other harnesses, it is not important that he has a 1jz harness at all other than the fact you can take the ignition harness out from the 1jz harness and add it to the 2jzge one so you dont have to wire it from scratch.
Old 05-23-11, 05:56 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Ali enough said, this the 6th car i wired like that using the stock SC harness and they run great on the stock aristo ecu.
Old 05-23-11, 07:27 AM
Luv2xl
Lexus Test Driver

either way you slice it, wiring is involved (alterations are necessary). If the OP already has a 1J, that means he has already extended his harness (well I hope so). But to change over the 1J harness to a 2JGE harness would be a PITA and having to repin connectors to match certain sensors is an additional PITA. Running a patch harness from the 1J harness to a 2jzGTE JDM ecu would be the better approach as well as running 3 extra wires and calling it a day.

All based on my opinion..