Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

TT Pump

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-11, 05:55 PM
kanukem
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TT Pump

Hey everyone, I have a Supra TT Pump I've been meaning to install for the longest time. I know there's a couple of threads out there with info on how to install the pump but I've already found them all and am still confused.

First of all, the TT pump has poles for connectors. Secondly, it's supposed to come with a clip because people claim its a drop-in upgrade. The fact that there are exposed connectors, electricity running through them, and submerging it in fuel quite frankly scares the s*** out of me. Is this normal on TT pumps and how did you guys install it? (if you didnt have the clip of course)

Old 03-16-11, 06:16 PM

lol this reminds me when i installed my pump. i was also freaking out because of the + and - post but yea it is normal for it to be in the tank like that but just to be sure be for you turn the power on make sure you connect everything right double check the wires and all that just to be sure.. GL
Old 03-16-11, 06:17 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...0-tt-pump.html

No need for 2 identical threads.

As for the pump, I dont see the problem. They were designed to be submerged in fuel, has been done plenty of times. Only way around that is to go with a Walbro.
Old 03-16-11, 07:02 PM
kanukem
Rookie

haha. thanks guys. i hope this serves as a foundation for those who are fearful for their lives when they install their pump
Old 04-05-11, 02:40 AM
kanukem
Rookie

the pump worksss, make sure you look at the old polarities and the new polarities guys. don't get them mixed up and make sure you gasket the tank caps or you'll smell plenty of fuel in your cabin =D. (future reference)