Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

First post - and might be helpful to you guys

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-02, 05:37 PM
IVIark
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First post - and might be helpful to you guys

Well this is my first post on this board and hopefully not the last.

I do not own a sc300 but plan on purchasing one for the sole purpose of putting in a 2jzgte (which is what brought me to this site). (anyone got a high milage cheap sc300 with a decent body for sale?)

I live in northern Va and im guessing no one in my area has even attempted to do this swap, so I plan on being the first on the east coast (hopefully no one beat me to it).

Now on to the part that can help you guys out:

I manage a japanese engine importing company over on the east coast. I got a 2jzgte front clip on it's way for myself. Now I can also get the 1jzgte front clips or pretty much anything from japan. I am just curious of how many of you are actually SERIOUS about doing a 2jzgte swap. I do not have enough of a demand to take up space in my warehouse with these front clips so I am keeping them on a order basis (usually a 30-40 day wait and 40% money down). But if you want it I can get it.

I guess clint is the only guy on this board running a sc300 w/2jzgte (guess he has two sc300's)? If you know/willing to educate shed some light on this:

Ok I plan on getting an early sc300 and putting the 2jzgte.
While doing my research the things I found are:
-Engine bolts in fine without a problem
-6spd tranny fits without a problem
-need to get a custom driveshaft made
-need a supra tt rearend
-problem with spedometer
-no idea what's involved with wiring cept most of the 2jzge harness works with the 2jzgte engine (I was considering going full engine management anyway, but would like some info on wiring just incase)

doesnt sound too involved.

Now I can bring over the vvti 2jzgte and the regular 2jzgte anyone have any comment on the vvti engine(besides them being a lot more expensive even for me)? I havnt seen any material on that.

Other then that if you are a performance shop and want any used japanese engines/trannys let me know(no I wont just sell the 6spd tranny seperate, and yes I got honda engines).

Mark

Last edited by IVIark; 08-27-02 at 05:46 PM.
Old 08-27-02, 08:14 PM
Ebanks
Lexus Champion

how much are the clips?

-Ethan
Old 08-27-02, 08:53 PM
awj
Bluegr*** Performance

Watch out! There goes ebanks!!

IVIark: You take credit cards?

There is a dude in Hawaii that sells a manual. He is a member here - search for like, hawaii or something and you'll probably find the few posts. There is a site but I don't have the link. Toyomoto has done a few.

Your pretty much dead on in the description. There is a debate about the tranny tunnel on 92 to 95 models or something like that. Don't think it holds water, but what do I know.

Good luck and keep us posted. I would consider getting t78 size single, building the motor, tranny, fuel system and suspension (since the motor is out) and go all out if I could afford. Maybe I'll be ready for a six speed next year.
Old 08-27-02, 09:42 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

how much do you sell 1jz-gte clips for?

I might be interested in one if the turbo kit thing doesn't work out on my SC3
Old 08-28-02, 04:55 AM
Tuning Pleasure
Driver School Candidate

ive imported a few clips before.

the market is still quite small. but i know of a few companies that actually have done a j-spec swap in the west coast and mid-western states.

i still have a 99 aristo 2jz clip available. just email me for info, pictures or any questions.
Old 08-29-02, 11:30 AM
IVIark
Driver School Candidate

Default ok

awj - I was thinking of a twin upgrade rather then a single. I work on a buddy's car who has a 94 supra with a t66 and the lag is terrible. The problem going with a large single turbo is the sharp torque cruve which will also = traction problems = hard to drive/race on the street. I also want to use the car for roadracing rather then straight line drag racing and want the power to come faster. Was going to build the engine, but I think ill just see how far I can go with this stock "legendary" block. I also heard a "rumour" that you can put the 1jz head on the 2jz block and pick up some good power.
Something about 1jz head flowing a lot better or being ported and polished from the factory. Like I said "rumour".

Well I have 8 or 9 1jzgte engines and AUTO trannies (sold out on the 5spd) sitting in here that I am just trying to get rid of. I'd give engine/tranny away for $800. 1jzgte front clips I could probably sell for around $2000-$2500.

2jzgte front clips will probably sell in the $4500-5500 range. With the vvti engines typically being $1000 more. If the interest is good I might setup a groupbuy or maybe a clublexus deal.

Yes we take credit card. Like I said previously, we do not stock these right now so it will be on an order basis. So you are looking at a 40% nonrefundable deposit and a 30-40 day wait.

If you know anyone interested we just got a twin turbo fairlady front clip with 71,000 kilometers. I'd let that go for $2800.

Shipping on the front clips is all on the customer.

Mark
Old 08-29-02, 11:56 AM
SC300TURBO
Lexus Test Driver

the tranny tunnel on the early sc300 will need to be trimmed to fit the 6spd...i dont know what years specificly....my 95 didnt need to be cut but my buddies 92 did....so i dont know about the 93-94 model.....but there is no debate...it needs to be done.......im not making it up..Jeff
Old 08-29-02, 11:58 AM
awj
Bluegr*** Performance

t66 and the lag is terrible
I don't feel that should be an issue. Just my opinion though. If you like TT by all means - go for it. But if there is delay, Step down in a/r, the single should actually boost just as well from my understanding.
Old 08-29-02, 01:55 PM
IVIark
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by SC300TURBO
the tranny tunnel on the early sc300 will need to be trimmed to fit the 6spd...i dont know what years specificly....my 95 didnt need to be cut but my buddies 92 did....so i dont know about the 93-94 model.....but there is no debate...it needs to be done.......im not making it up..Jeff
Do you know anything more specific - like where to trim or maybe pictures? Or do I have to find out the hard way. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.
Old 09-05-02, 12:54 AM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1jz motor/tranny offerings... do those come with the ECU and wiring harness uncut?

thinking of slapping one into a 81 RX-7
Old 09-05-02, 03:40 AM
Deceptik1
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey Mark how I'm curious on what the 1jzgte/tranny combo comes with also. Do they include ECU and harness? How much is shipping to San Diego?
Old 09-11-02, 04:07 PM
IVIark
Driver School Candidate

Default nope

The reason I am selling those engines so cheap is because I DONT have the wiring harness OR ecu AND it's an automatic transmission.

awj - I actually have the car all day today (600 RWHP built engine with the t66 supra) and the lag isnt quite as bad as I remember. But then again it isnt a v10 8.0 liter viper with the power all over.

Regardless it's a fun car to drive but I dont like having to wait for the power to come while accelerating through a turn. I am actually trying to decide between the viper or a sc300 2jzgte built car. Both going to come out to the same amount of money when im done with it.

Mark
Old 09-12-02, 03:47 PM
PorscheRacer
Driver School Candidate

Default Re: nope

Originally posted by IVIark
The reason I am selling those engines so cheap is because I DONT have the wiring harness OR ecu AND it's an automatic transmission.

awj - I actually have the car all day today (600 RWHP built engine with the t66 supra) and the lag isnt quite as bad as I remember. But then again it isnt a v10 8.0 liter viper with the power all over.

Regardless it's a fun car to drive but I dont like having to wait for the power to come while accelerating through a turn. I am actually trying to decide between the viper or a sc300 2jzgte built car. Both going to come out to the same amount of money when im done with it.

Mark
If they are going to comeout the same price sounds like you want to build a crazy SC
Old 09-17-02, 10:13 AM
IVIark
Driver School Candidate

Default crazy ha

Yeah if I go that route, I have some big plans. Can't half-*** it with a 2jzgte, might as well go all out.

Viper keeps calling me though. Decisions, decisions.

FYI we have 6 supra tt 6spd front clips over in our yard in japan. I told them to send one over. They are going to sell for $6500. I will require 40% downpayment and roughly 40 days for it to arrive in the US. I got a few local buyers, and told my guys to keep a look out for more supras. Let me know.

Mark
Old 09-26-02, 05:13 AM
ToyoBeastly
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by Tuning Pleasure
ive imported a few clips before.

the market is still quite small. but i know of a few companies that actually have done a j-spec swap in the west coast and mid-western states.

i still have a 99 aristo 2jz clip available. just email me for info, pictures or any questions.
can u post the pics, i am quite curious....