Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

aristo wiring experts needed

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-11, 12:22 PM
pourSc
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by account2x
I told you

google

Lexus_SC_300_400_Factory_Workshop_Manual__WhereEverybodyKnow.pdf
Tried that. I wasnt able to download.
Old 06-29-11, 12:26 PM
pourSc
Driver

I just realized that the connector on the oil pan for the oil level unit has the wires cut on it.
Old 06-29-11, 02:41 PM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I assume you are talking about IJ1 when you say 14 pin grey connector.

IJ1 pins 3 and 7 (black-orange)power your injectors and coils, so I would say you need them.

I will check on the rest. And yes, you really need wiring diagrams. PM me your email address...
Old 06-29-11, 05:20 PM
pourSc
Driver

Does anyone have any idea of what these last few wires go to, or where they need to go.
Old 06-30-11, 01:26 AM
Lexsingle
Driver School Candidate

Poursc - glad you finally took the harness out to track down your problem, from what I scan thru on the thread your in good hands. I been really busy haven't been on due to wsop in Vegas. Hopefully you have it figured out by the time I get done with the main event. If not I'll look thru what you've posted and help with your wiring. Good luck.
Old 06-30-11, 05:10 AM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

IJ1 pin 14 goes to small ecu connector pin 22 FPC.
IJ1 pin 2 goes branches off into two wires. One goes to the Water control valve for the heater, and one goes to II1 pin 2.

IK1 (orange plug) pins 6 and 7 go to the speed sensor on the tranny. Pin 6 (red) goes to pin 2 on speed sensor, pin 7 (Red/Lavender) goes to pin 3 on speed sensor.

II1(white 12 pin) Pins 2 and 7 shoudl not be tied together. Pin 2 connects to both IJ1 pin 2 and one side of the heater control VSV(as noted above)
II1 pin 7 goes to the other side of the Heater VSV.

IK2 will be mostly empty unless you have TRAC or a California emissions car. I know that pin 24 is a cluster ground, and pin 9 goes to the small ecu connector pin 6 for the CEL. It would be easier for me to check my harness for this stuff, but I am sending you wiring diagrams, so you should be able to figure out what is applicable to you once you go over them.

Last edited by stockhatch; 06-30-11 at 06:07 AM.
Old 07-04-11, 02:33 PM
pourSc
Driver

Well, I think that I got most of the wiring completed. I would like to give a huge thanks to STOCKHATCH for all of your help. I would have been really stuck without you. If you are ever in south florida, the drinks are on me, and your first three lap dances.

There are some wires that are left without something to connect to, but I would guess that is normal. However, there is one wire that I wasnt sure which wire to connect too. Both wires go to the diagnosis connector.

But, all in all, I think that I have made some progress.
Old 07-04-11, 03:02 PM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Nice work bro. Yes, there are some pins that are not used depending on options. What wires are you still working on?

Regarding the help, it's no problem. I would never have completed my wiring without the help of people on this forum, so I like to give back and help others out when I can.
Old 07-04-11, 03:09 PM
pourSc
Driver

Originally Posted by stockhatch
Nice work bro. Yes, there are some pins that are not used depending on options. What wires are you still working on?

Regarding the help, it's no problem. I would never have completed my wiring without the help of people on this forum, so I like to give back and help others out when I can.
I couldn't find out where the wires for the oil level connector went, and pin 25 on IK2. in the diagram, it says that pin 25 connects to a pink wire. There are two pink wires. And, they both go to the diagnosis connector.
Old 07-04-11, 03:32 PM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Ok, the oil level sensor:

Pin one on the sensor (brown wire) goes from the sensor, to either one of the ground tabs that bolt to the intake manifold.

Pin two on the sensor (Violet/Red) goes to IK1(orange plug) pin 23.

Pin 25 on IK2 goes to pin 16 (TS) on the data check connector.
Old 07-04-11, 03:56 PM
pourSc
Driver

Ok, the oil level sensor:

Pin one on the sensor (brown wire) goes from the sensor, to either one of the ground tabs that bolt to the intake manifold.

Pin two on the sensor (Violet/Red) goes to IK1(orange plug) pin 23.

Pin 25 on IK2 goes to pin 16 (TS) on the data check connector.
in the wiring diagram, pin 25 says that it goes to a pink wire. I found two pink wires. traced both of them and they both go to the data check connector. So where is the other pink wire suppose to go. Both pink wire are next to each other on in the data check connector.
Old 07-04-11, 04:00 PM
pourSc
Driver

Stockhatch, are you sure about the the org connector? Pin 23 is black w/yellow stripe. Its already connected to another wire. would you please confirm this.
Old 07-04-11, 04:10 PM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Yes, according to the diagram, IK1 pin 23 goes to the low oil level switch. Look on page 24 of the diagrams in the lower left corner.

Trace the Y-B wire you currently have on pin 23 back to see where it goes.

As for the data check connector, do you still have the lid to it? There should be a diagram on the bottom side of the lid if I am not mistaken. Reference that and tell me what terminals on the connector the pink wires go to.
Old 07-04-11, 04:14 PM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

There may be discrepancies in the harnesses due to year differences. I can check my IK1 plug tomorrow and see what I have.
Old 07-04-11, 09:17 PM
pourSc
Driver

There may be discrepancies in the harnesses due to year differences. I can check my IK1 plug tomorrow and see what I have.
Please man. I would really like to know. There is a wire connected to that pin already. I did check another harness at that pin. The wire at the connector is blk w/yellow stripe. It is connected to a yellow w/red stripe (I think).

Quick Reply: aristo wiring experts needed