Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

aristo wiring experts needed

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-11, 03:49 PM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My harness also has a black/yellow wire on pin 23, so I am not sure on that one. Sorry man. I will keep digging and see what I can find on it.
Old 07-05-11, 04:21 PM
pourSc
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stockhatch
My harness also has a black/yellow wire on pin 23, so I am not sure on that one. Sorry man. I will keep digging and see what I can find on it.
No problem. Is yours connected to a yellow wire? Mine is. And, What is your suggestion with that wire (v-r)?

I have another question. What is your jdm alternator plug wired into? Is it wired to the harness? Mine is wired to one of the plugs that goes to the ignitor.
Old 07-05-11, 07:24 PM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Not sure what to do with the V-R wire in this case. I could maybe find some time during the week to ohm that oil connector plug out, but no promises.

I did not use any JDM alternator plug. I stripped all that off and used my SC alternator plug.
Old 07-07-11, 03:52 PM
pourSc
Driver

Today, I went to the junk yard and found an sc300 with the harness in it (surprised). I checked out the org connector and the oil level connector. pin 23 without a doubt, goes to the oil level connector.

I checked my harness and the wire in pin 23 goes to a connector that I dont know what its too. Any suggestions?
Old 07-07-11, 05:47 PM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

The connector that you dont know about...What does it look like, and where on the harness is it?
Old 07-07-11, 06:30 PM
pourSc
Driver

Originally Posted by pourSc
Today, I went to the junk yard and found an sc300 with the harness in it (surprised). I checked out the org connector and the oil level connector. pin 23 without a doubt, goes to the oil level connector.

I checked my harness and the wire in pin 23 goes to a connector that I dont know what its too. Any suggestions?
The connector that you dont know about...What does it look like, and where on the harness is it?
I believe thaat this connector is on the line as the knock sensor. Here is a photo. I tide a pink wire next to the connector.
Attached Thumbnails aristo wiring experts needed-pict1976.jpg  
Old 07-07-11, 06:37 PM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

I need more of a zoom out so I can see where it comes off the main harness. It could be that the connector is for the Aristo oil level sensor which has a different plug end on it. Its not a knock sensor since knock sensors have only one wire going to them.
Old 07-07-11, 06:53 PM
pourSc
Driver

[QUOTE=stockhatch;6517325]I need more of a zoom out so I can see where it comes off the main harness. It could be that the connector is for the Aristo oil level sensor which has a different plug end on it. Its not a knock sensor since knock sensors have only one wire going to them.[/QU

I agree, it is not the knock sensor. Here is two more photos. It is inline with the first knock sensor. Is the aristo connector different in appearance than the sc300 connector?
Attached Thumbnails aristo wiring experts needed-pict1977.jpg   aristo wiring experts needed-pict1978.jpg  
Old 07-08-11, 04:34 AM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Yeah, the Aristo oil level sensor had a different connector type than the SC one, I do remember that.

IIRC, the connectors on that leg are for PS rack (2) and AC compressor. Check your mystery connector against the large PS rack plug and the AC compressor.

The only other wire I know of in that area is the oil pressure sensor, but I am pretty sure the oil pressure connector comes off the harness further forward along with the #1 injector and TPS.
Old 07-09-11, 12:23 PM
pourSc
Driver

Yeah, the Aristo oil level sensor had a different connector type than the SC one, I do remember that.

IIRC, the connectors on that leg are for PS rack (2) and AC compressor. Check your mystery connector against the large PS rack plug and the AC compressor.

The only other wire I know of in that area is the oil pressure sensor, but I am pretty sure the oil pressure connector comes off the harness further forward along with the #1 injector and TPS.
I found some info on supra forums. On some aristo's, the oil level connector has a yellow with red wire.

I am wondering if that connector is for the oil level. It is closer to the front of the motor, where the original sensor should have been. If so, that wire has to be extended. Does this sound correct?
Old 07-09-11, 12:36 PM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Quite possible. What color was the wire on pin 23 on that SC in the yard?
Old 07-09-11, 04:26 PM
pourSc
Driver

Quite possible. What color was the wire on pin 23 on that SC in the yard?
The same color in the wiring diagram.
Old 07-09-11, 08:47 PM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Yeah sounds correct then. You may have to change the plug end to actually fit the sensor. I cant remember if I changed the plug and used my SC oil sensor, or if I changed the oil sensor to the Aristo one and used the Aristo plug.
Old 07-10-11, 07:07 PM
pourSc
Driver

Yeah sounds correct then. You may have to change the plug end to actually fit the sensor. I cant remember if I changed the plug and used my SC oil sensor, or if I changed the oil sensor to the Aristo one and used the Aristo plug.
Have you heard of anyone having to extend this connector?
Old 07-11-11, 04:33 AM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

I think I may have just moved it to the back of the engine on the harness to get some extra length, but I may have had to extend it. I don't remember now.

Quick Reply: aristo wiring experts needed