Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

[VIDEO] 879 RWHP @ 28psi burning corn!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-11, 06:51 PM
HiPSI
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I bet people **** bricks when they see a lexus on the road layin down rubber on the highway...
Old 06-29-11, 06:53 PM
countrygre
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how you run the fuel lines from the o44 bosch pumps to fuel rail
Old 06-29-11, 06:55 PM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice numbers! Sounds sweet, real sweet! Will be a blast to drive on the streets!
Old 06-29-11, 10:39 PM
RX7 RAGE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, nice numbers dude.
Old 06-30-11, 03:18 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by countrygre
how you run the fuel lines from the o44 bosch pumps to fuel rail
Not sure how OP's is setup but I'm running a -8 from my inline bosch 044 next to original factory lines to rail. In his case he's probably running the same except it's dual lines one to each side of the rail.
Old 06-30-11, 07:26 AM
gadgetSC
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Great Progress 900+ is is right there. It's good to see you pushing forward and making progress after some expensive setbacks....this is the kind of stuff that has driven many to give up on a project like this. Good luck with the rest of your progress.
Old 06-30-11, 05:59 PM
SC300_704
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

great #'s! 900+whp should be easy for your car.
Old 07-01-11, 07:22 AM
2jzmk3
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by VelocityBall
Here is a video on the dyno of the SCupra running e85 at 28 psi with my little 71mm turbo while Darin is tuning. It was a fairly respectable pull making 879.3rwhp

Here is a video of the Titan Motorsports carbon fiber driveshaft exploding on the next pull.

The dyno read 848 rwhp when the shaft exploded. It was a horrifying sound.

The car should have made well over 900 to the wheels @ 34psi on e85.

Luckily no one was injured or killed. I don't want to think what the outcome would have been at the track or on the highway.

Everything that I have purchased from Titan has officially failed catastrophically, been replaced, and/or rebuilt. It is so frustrating when you pay a premium for supposedly the best parts only to find out they are junk or have extremely poor quality control (I won't even comment on the customer service of this company, I could write a book on that). This was offically the last part from Titan that had not been replaced or fixed. I will be replacing the drive shaft with a chromoly one from The Driveshaft Shop and see 900+ soon.

92 SC300 5-speed Acid dipped, $wapped, and $TROKED!
Vehicle was nearly ruined by TiTan Motorsports
FIXED by Darin Dichiara at DoubleD Tuning. CORN POWER!

Well, Joe, i know you personally don't like Nero, but saying everything that we did at Titan had to be replaced or fixed is ridiculous. I know you and Nero had a falling out and that i totally understand, i know Nero can be impossible to deal with and for that i am sorry. But ALL the work that was done to you car, everything that was done was done by Darin and John, who still currently works on your car. the only difference is at the time Darin/John worked at Titan, and now Darin/John have there own shop. Doug who does your audio, worked on your car here, and works on it now at his house. So if you were so unhappy with there work, you would still have them work on it.. right?

Darin and John are awesome, everyone knows it.. there isnt anyone else i trust with my car than Darin. just remember that when you post.

Like i said im feel your frustration with dealing with Nero, but saying everything we did had to be replaced is kinda shooting yourself in the foot, because the same guy who did the work on your car HERE, does the work on your car THERE.

I told nero to email you about your driveshaft before you posted this thread, and to my understanding, he told you he would get it fixed. BEFORE you posted this thread. So at least give him the credit of contacting you to get it fixed before any of this. I really apologize for the D/S breaking, that has never happened on the dyno before, some people of broken them at the track... But its not like it was a brand new "Titan" driveshaft, this has been installed and running in your car since 2004

Thats all i am going to say on this matter.. Congrats on the numbers, i still think you should of put on a bigger turbo.
Old 07-01-11, 10:38 AM
Nero
Driver School Candidate

Also he had the 3" driveshaft, which is not rated to high HP. We don't even sell this item anymore, because many people go from lower HP to higher and then have a failure. Hence we have the Big Boy driveshaft which is rated for almost anyting, our drag car uses it and makes well into 1500+hp

Even though warranty is not included in the product, we are going to inspect and see if we can get this item covered for Joe or get him covered and upgraded if we can.
Old 07-01-11, 10:44 AM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 2jzmk3
Well, Joe, i know you personally don't like Nero, but saying everything that we did at Titan had to be replaced or fixed is ridiculous. I know you and Nero had a falling out and that i totally understand, i know Nero can be impossible to deal with and for that i am sorry. But ALL the work that was done to you car, everything that was done was done by Darin and John, who still currently works on your car. the only difference is at the time Darin/John worked at Titan, and now Darin/John have there own shop. Doug who does your audio, worked on your car here, and works on it now at his house. So if you were so unhappy with there work, you would still have them work on it.. right?

Darin and John are awesome, everyone knows it.. there isnt anyone else i trust with my car than Darin. just remember that when you post.

Like i said im feel your frustration with dealing with Nero, but saying everything we did had to be replaced is kinda shooting yourself in the foot, because the same guy who did the work on your car HERE, does the work on your car THERE.

I told nero to email you about your driveshaft before you posted this thread, and to my understanding, he told you he would get it fixed. BEFORE you posted this thread. So at least give him the credit of contacting you to get it fixed before any of this. I really apologize for the D/S breaking, that has never happened on the dyno before, some people of broken them at the track... But its not like it was a brand new "Titan" driveshaft, this has been installed and running in your car since 2004

Thats all i am going to say on this matter.. Congrats on the numbers, i still think you should of put on a bigger turbo.

Sean for President!!!
Old 07-01-11, 11:32 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Nice of Nero/Titan stepping in and clearing some things up and attempting to work something out about the DS.

Big up Trini Massive ha ha........oh wait I'm Guyanese.......eh close enough.
Old 07-01-11, 11:47 AM
VelocityBall
Driver

Exclamation here we go...

I really didn't want to bring all this up but since you guys want to, here we go!

But ALL the work that was done to you car, everything that was done was done by Darin and John, who still currently works on your car. the only difference is at the time Darin/John worked at Titan, and now Darin/John have there own shop. Doug who does your audio, worked on your car here, and works on it now at his house.
Other than saying Darin/John have thier own shop and Doug works on my car, this statement is completely innacurate. Darin and John had parted from Titan before the car was completed. They were not the only ones that worked on my car. You stated this yourself when you mentioned Doug working on it(speaking of shooting feet). For that matter, Titan(Nero), after having my car for 2 years, told me to take the car to Darin because Titan could not get the car finished and running properly.

I have no issues with Doug. His work is brilliant. Not sure why you would even bring him up in this...

saying everything we did had to be replaced is kinda shooting yourself in the foot, because the same guy who did the work on your car HERE, does the work on your car THERE
I reserve the right to add to this later, and I will be adding many things...
Again, Darin and John were not the only Titan employees that worked on my car. I am amazed that you would say that. Everything that Titan has done on the car has had to be repaired or replaced. The shortblock even spun a main bearing. I will update this with a list of everything that happened. Then you can decide if my statement was warranted.

I told nero to email you about your driveshaft before you posted this thread, and to my understanding, he told you he would get it fixed. BEFORE you posted this thread. So at least give him the credit of contacting you to get it fixed before any of this.
Wether you told Nero before I posted this or not, I did not get contacted until after this was posted. The email did not state if the shaft was going to be coverd or not. It was only stated to send in the parts and Titan would see what they could do. I repeat, this was after posting the videos and thread. I will give him credit for contacting me about the shaft(period).

But its not like it was a brand new "Titan" driveshaft, this has been installed and running in your car since 2004
I was not aware that these drive shafts had an expiration date.

Congrats on the numbers, i still think you should of put on a bigger turbo.
Thanks. I think I need bigger tires first

Originally Posted by Nero
Also he had the 3" driveshaft, which is not rated to high HP. We don't even sell this item anymore, because many people go from lower HP to higher and then have a failure. Hence we have the Big Boy driveshaft which is rated for almost anyting, our drag car uses it and makes well into 1500+hp

Even though warranty is not included in the product, we are going to inspect and see if we can get this item covered for Joe or get him covered and upgraded if we can.
Nero, you were the one that sugested that shaft. The car has always made over 700 to the wheels. I appreciate you taking the time to "inspect and see if we can get this item covered".
--

I wonder if some major finger pointing is about to commence...

Last edited by VelocityBall; 07-01-11 at 01:44 PM.
Old 07-01-11, 11:54 AM
VelocityBall
Driver

Originally Posted by cherplex
Nice of Nero/Titan stepping in and clearing some things up and attempting to work something out about the DS.
Yes it is nice to see him attempt to work something out about the DS. As far as him "clearing some things up", well, we all have opinions...
Old 07-01-11, 11:56 AM
SC51
Lexus Test Driver

Wow very impressive numbers I remember seeing your engine bay in the "Whats under your Hood" thread and wondering what it puts down. And now I know lol Very nice!
Old 07-01-11, 02:22 PM
2jzmk3
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by VelocityBall
Yes it is nice to see him attempt to work something out about the DS. As far as him "clearing some things up", well, we all have opinions...

You dont have to bring anything else up about it, Hell i know everything you went thru with Nero. And i have to deal with it daily. i am not debating that.

Darin/John are awesome guys, like i have said and will always say. Darin is who works on and tunes my car. You car was here for a very long time, and if it was me handling it, it would of been fixed.

I didnt know about this thread until a customer of mine emailed it to me. But before i got that email, Darin had told me about the D/S and i told nero to contact you. I will make sure it gets taken care of for you. No driveshafts dont have a expiration date, but with 5 years of abuse, i would say you got your use out of it before it broke. **** happens, you know that better than anyone.

Anyways, i dont want to get into a pissing match, i will take responsibly for your car not being done 100% to your satisfaction. and i will personally try my best to make you happy (even thought i know you dont want to deal with Nero).

Tires, i dont think you will have a problem, since i have cars making 1100-1200hp with the same ones, that they work pretty damn good.

Wish you the best sir, like i said if you need anything, email me directly, and i will try my best to help you out.

Sean@titanmotorsports.com

Quick Reply: [VIDEO] 879 RWHP @ 28psi burning corn!