Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

new alum. radiator and slim fans for sc400? anyone done it?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-11, 10:48 PM
BartleDoo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VinnyQH
Of course you didn't. You said that the CXracing looks identical to the Mishimoto one becuase they LOOK the same, well if you go by that logic, then the CXracing one looks ALMOST identical to the koyo one.... so by what you are saying the CXracing and the koyo are almost the same.

Do you know for a fact that the CXracing one is the same as the mishimoto one.... or do you assume that they are the same becuase they LOOK the same?

Do you not read well? If so, I ALSO understand.
Obviously your internet viewing skills supersede any real life experience. I have actually viewed both in person as I have the CXRacing and my friend has the Mishimoto and they ARE THE SAME. They don't look the same. They ARE the same. If you need more capital letters let me know since we are in a smart-*** battle here after all. I have never seen the Koyo in person so the logic of having two identical radiators side by side for comparison does not apply. However, the Koyo for the MKIV that I have seen only on the internet looks absolutely nothing like the CX. Next time you have an opinion that is in a thread where someone is asking for help you should be a little more respectful of someone who is trying to help, especially if you are talking out of your ***.

To the OP: Sorry man I was just trying to help you save cash instead of paying more for the same thing. Like I said, some people disagree and you are of course free to do as you please.
Old 08-09-11, 11:15 PM
VinnyQH
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BartleDoo
Obviously your internet viewing skills supersede any real life experience. I have actually viewed both in person as I have the CXRacing and my friend has the Mishimoto and they ARE THE SAME. They don't look the same. They ARE the same. If you need more capital letters let me know since we are in a smart-*** battle here after all. I have never seen the Koyo in person so the logic of having two identical radiators side by side for comparison does not apply. However, the Koyo for the MKIV that I have seen only on the internet looks absolutely nothing like the CX. Next time you have an opinion that is in a thread where someone is asking for help you should be a little more respectful of someone who is trying to help, especially if you are talking out of your ***.

To the OP: Sorry man I was just trying to help you save cash instead of paying more for the same thing. Like I said, some people disagree and you are of course free to do as you please.
I'm sorry, I didn't REALIZE that you are an engineer and took specs of everything. I'm sorry, i'll just buy all knock off parts because they are "identical".

for reference; why trust/greddy in japan had to file bankruptcy http://www.autoblog.com/2008/09/10/j...es-bankruptcy/
in part for cheap knock offs.... choose your brands carefully

To be helpful, if you want to get a good radiator, mishimoto offers a full lifetime warranty, even if you get into a crash with it and damages your radiator..... something i think that cxracing does not offer. They also have a lifetime warranty on any type of defects of their products, ALSO something that cxracing does not offer......

FOR REFERENCE : http://www.mishimoto.com/faq.html#3

Last edited by VinnyQH; 08-09-11 at 11:25 PM.
Old 08-09-11, 11:58 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Hey, guys! I've just changed to a Koyo A1306, it's a direct replacement. Although the difference with the stock radiator is that it's tanks are plastic and the stock ones are copper. I would think that it is better than the stock, because copper corrodes in the chemicals in the coolant and also in heat, but the hard plastic Koyo used is a tough hard plastic, which I'm familiar off that I really doubt would corrode or crack in time. All in all it is a great upgrade/switch instead of buying anything else. There is a significantly change in how the car performs, it feels lighter to drive and cooler based on my temp reading. The temp needle is just a millimeter past the quarter mark where the old radiator is almost at the mid range. So I'd definitely recommend this for only $185 from an eBay seller. (There's only one btw)
Old 08-10-11, 06:04 AM
1996sc300
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey kingphilip,

What car did you buy it for? the SC400 or SC300. Im looking for one for my SC400 and it needs to come with the transmission cooler and all of that.

Thanks!
Old 08-10-11, 08:17 AM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 1996sc300
Hey kingphilip,

What car did you buy it for? the SC400 or SC300. Im looking for one for my SC400 and it needs to come with the transmission cooler and all of that.

Thanks!
Oh, my bad, '95 SC400. I think '95 and '96 have the same one. You can check it on Koyo's website, get the part number, then search google for the cheapest ones available, they all come with 1 year manufacturers warranty. Before I bought mine I also posted a thread about it, which aftermarket radiator is the most recommended, and alot of people suggested Koyo, some even said that they already have Mishimoto but switched to Koyo because it's better I don't know why. So, I went with the most seggested and best one available.