Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Custom Veilside Exhaust installed...

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-04 | 10:55 PM
Suprast4R
Pole Position

hey lex400sc, thats the sound im looking for!

its not that quiet to me? i like them semi-quiet. so i dont attract too much attention.
Old 03-19-04 | 10:21 PM
LexusPunk
Pole Position

MANARAY...i dont know how else to get a hold of you (no pm button) so I guess i'll go through here. You have the JIC kit correct, so i was wondering how important it was to get the 97 door moldings. What does it look like with out them and did you get them after you got the kit? Is there a place to get them cheap?
Sorry to the guys in this forum..I didnt mean to waste space but i dont know how else to contact manaray.
Old 03-21-04 | 04:47 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by LexusPunk
MANARAY...i dont know how else to get a hold of you (no pm button) so I guess i'll go through here. You have the JIC kit correct, so i was wondering how important it was to get the 97 door moldings. What does it look like with out them and did you get them after you got the kit? Is there a place to get them cheap?
Sorry to the guys in this forum..I didnt mean to waste space but i dont know how else to contact manaray.
Try the email button in his profile. I think emailing him is your best bet.
Old 03-21-04 | 05:49 AM
legendary
Racer

It is highly recommended you get the mouldings to fill the "gap" that is there. If you look in the Approved Vendor section, there is a group buy for all or piece parts of the 97-2000 kit. I do not know if Manny still comes around or is checking emails, but that is what he would recommend you do.

You decide by those pics
Old 03-21-04 | 06:27 AM
wmulli
Lead Lap

Default Re: Custom Veilside Exhaust installed...

Originally posted by Manaray
<... snip! ...>
So to say the least, I'm going to have some Maganflow resonators added in (14" units I believe). Hopefully, that will bring it down to reasonable levels....

But man does it sound good!!
Manaray,
I had the same complaint with my JIC's, in fact they wouldn't even pass inspection here 'cause they were too loud. Before you go to the trouble and expense of adding resonators, I'd suggest you look into some bolt in silencers for the mufflers. They were the perfect solution for my JIC's. They look like a couple of plates bolted together that fit into the exhaust outlet. Bolt in for quiet, remove when you want to make some noise I'm using the ones JIC supplied, but the guy at the inspection station said there are "universal" silencers available from many parts stores. Maybe you could check with the shop that did your install?
Old 03-21-04 | 09:59 AM
europaUO
Driver School Candidate

i love the sound of v8 on dual exhaust in the morning