Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

GM LSx Engine Mounts for Lexus SC300 / SC400. Check It Out!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-11, 04:45 PM
AMSMIKE
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JDMmuscle
If you guys dont like the price then by all means Put all the time, effort and money into developing your own mounts of this quality and see where you end up.

If i wasnt so involved with building my 1uzfe already this would have been the route i took

I am also working on Chromoly mounts. Will be readily available. Less expensive and stronger!
Old 09-24-11, 07:15 PM
313sc3
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I respect the r&d that went into building the mounts. I also understand your trying to help the lexus community. I never hear bad things about the mounts the lsx swap guys use. I never had problems with my lt1 s10 that i built. The mounts were aftermarket and they held 430 hp to the wheels. As for home built mounts i rarely hear bad things about those. the only time i do is when they were poorly built or someone is pushing crazy amounts of hp with poorly built mounts. Even this company, http://www.grannysspeedshop.com/ Charges about $400 for a basic kit that includes Engine Cradle & spuds, Bolts, Transmission Crossmember and wring info. Once again, i know we have lexus's and not rx7's but lets think about things for a bit.
Viper v10 into s10.

Last edited by 313sc3; 09-24-11 at 09:14 PM.
Old 09-24-11, 09:51 PM
AMSMIKE2
Former Sponsor

^^^^^

i wouldn't put a mount like that in my car if it was free. That stuff is NASTY looking. I am all about backyard built stuff. But when you are spending money on a swap in a LEXUS. You use quality parts, that also look like quality. This isnt a Chevy S-10 truck. This is a luxury car.

And these mounts are not for everyone. If you cant afford the proper mounts, probably can't afford the swap

to each their own! and whomever wants to build their own mounts. All the power to them! But you cant compare that stuff you posted to what I have. They are in completely different leagues.

btw. the RX7 stuff is extremely different than the lexus LSx mounts. cannot compare them because they cannot be made similar.

And you also must understand....The engine Isolators are about $250 ALONE. Because again, its quality stuff made here in the USA.

Last edited by AMSMIKE2; 09-24-11 at 09:55 PM.
Old 09-24-11, 10:23 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have to agree with Mike on this one..not just cause I have the mounts, but because the mount pictured in 313sc3's post up there isnt straight, its bent..not to mention un-finished/coated, rust failure waiting to happen.

Also like has been said several times now, if you guys dont like the price, dont bash it before you try and understand it..and that doesnt mean compare it to some other companies/persons steel garage-made mounts. Chromoly or Aluminum can both be expensive, and what alot of you that are complaining about prices are forgetting is the overhead costs that go into making quality parts like this on a semi-smaller scale.

Sure you can make your own mounts, but from first hand experience and being flat out the first one to actually put the LS1/t56 into an SC chassis (might not be the first one on the road, props for first driving is Millertime), let me tell you the headache these mounts saved. I didnt have to measure anything except the clearance for the shifter, cross-member needed very little modification (thank you boosted4.6 for the assistance on clarifying that one), and like the others with these mounts, weather they be the ones from Mike or DGR, its was a 1 or 2 stab and bolt in process. So what may cost more in monetary value, will save you more in time.

Not to mention guys, bottom line is you get what you pay for. Sure I "cheaped" out a bit and went with a $62 Wilwood clutch pedal that I modified with Mike's assistance/advice. But had I not done my swap yet, I wouldnt hesitate one bit about paying $900+ for mounts that I know are going to withstand anything I can put on the street daily. And as my build progresses, I probably will ditch the nice pretty billet mounts and go with chromoly mounts, so it has nothing to do with looks. If you cant afford or dont want to pay for QUALITY made items that are vital to the survival of your build, and safety of yourself and people around you, dont bash it and try comparing it to something that isnt even in the same playing field, just get a GTE swap and move on and at-least you can use stock oem mounts.
Old 09-25-11, 06:20 AM
Strokergsr
Driver

Bottom line is if you want some very nice mounts, you spend the money on these. If you don't want to spend a lot on mounts, then you can make them yourself out of mild steel (not stainless or chromoly), powder coat them, and they will work perfectly fine. Everyone is trying to compare two different kinds of mounts and not realizing that this is the only person on the market making anything for this swap, so yes they will cost a little. If he goes out of his way at all to offer a more "plain style" mount that gets the job done for less then more power to him.

For the record I am building my own and don't plan on buying from anyone so I'm not in here taking sides. I've been around fabrication(including custom mounts) and had multiple motor mount vendors, all with different options, in the past so just sharing my perspective.
Old 09-25-11, 09:26 AM
AMSMIKE2
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Strokergsr
Bottom line is if you want some very nice mounts, you spend the money on these. If you don't want to spend a lot on mounts, then you can make them yourself out of mild steel (not stainless or chromoly), powder coat them, and they will work perfectly fine. Everyone is trying to compare two different kinds of mounts and not realizing that this is the only person on the market making anything for this swap, so yes they will cost a little. If he goes out of his way at all to offer a more "plain style" mount that gets the job done for less then more power to him.

For the record I am building my own and don't plan on buying from anyone so I'm not in here taking sides. I've been around fabrication(including custom mounts) and had multiple motor mount vendors, all with different options, in the past so just sharing my perspective.
I have been following your thread and saw your mounts! By the way the build is looking great! Going to look killer with the Green block/heads!

Last edited by DaveGS4; 09-25-11 at 09:38 AM.
Old 09-25-11, 09:39 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,273 Likes on 1,380 Posts

Guys I've removed some posts with inappropriate personal comments, keep this thread on topic about Q&A about these mounts.

1willy1, account2x - please exit this thread.
Old 09-25-11, 09:47 AM
Strokergsr
Driver

Originally Posted by AMSMIKE2
I have been following your thread and saw your mounts! By the way the build is looking great! Going to look killer with the Green block/heads!
Thanks! My mounts aren't done quite yet but should be soon now that the driveshaft and adapter got dropped off
Old 09-25-11, 10:07 AM
AMSMIKE2
Former Sponsor

Thanks! My mounts aren't done quite yet but should be soon now that the driveshaft and adapter got dropped off
Looking forward to seeing them done
Old 09-25-11, 12:09 PM
AMSMIKE2
Former Sponsor

Updated for now. The CNC Billet mounts can ONLY be produced if 10 people are interested, There isn't that much interest.

So for now, I am focusing on a cost effective solution that will withstand the abuse. People are complaining about the price. The only way to lower the price is to go another route.

also, please understand, there is a lot of cost in the Engine Isolators alone. The prices are not just for a chunk of metal engineered and CAD drawn. There is more than that.

The Transmission Bracket however IS Billet Aluminum....Until I am sold out and then I will make chromoly.

again, this is for someone who wants quality mounts ready to go. No fab work needed. No measuring and time for fitting. Simply drop the engine in and know it will fit 100% correctly when using a LSx engine and T56 Transmission. The only addition is if you choose to go automatic, I do not make a transmission mount and that will have to be done custom. There are of course things that have to be done before you install the engine. Please see my FAQ for that! For the SC, you must trim the rear cross member!

Last edited by AMSMIKE2; 09-25-11 at 12:13 PM.
Old 09-25-11, 05:31 PM
313sc3
Lead Lap

Someone understands what im getting at. More power to AMSMIKE2. Pros to Strokergsr. If it cost more than you think it should build it your self.
Old 09-30-11, 11:08 AM
AMSMIKE2
Former Sponsor

I will have updated pictures next week
Old 10-03-11, 08:53 PM
AMSMIKE2
Former Sponsor

working on the mounts this week
Old 10-06-11, 11:17 AM
AMSMIKE2
Former Sponsor

should be done next week and ready for powdercoat!

isolators are in hand!
Old 10-10-11, 05:08 PM
AMSMIKE2
Former Sponsor

This thread has been updated with pictures!!!

Quick Reply: GM LSx Engine Mounts for Lexus SC300 / SC400. Check It Out!