Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

A few questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-02, 11:52 AM
Angel
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A few questions

Some of you may have seen my "I'm New" post. Anyways, quick rundown, I bought a stock '93 SC300, 5 speed, pearl white, tan leather, 85k miles last week. I have purchased the following mods...

6x 72lb Injectors
2x Walbro 255 Fuel Pumps with Install kits and all fuel lines, etc
Aeromotive Fuel Pressure Regulator with 1:1 boost reference
Fittings to mod fuel rail for larger injectors
HKS HeadGasket
ARP Head Studs
ClutchNet Clutch-Single disc, double diaphram pressure plate & 6 puck metallic disc w/sprung hub
Blue GReddy Profec B Boost Controller
GReddy white EGT guage w/ memory & warning light
SP63 w/ .81 jet hotted housing, compressor housing is polished
SP jet hotted header
HKS gt wastegate
Greddy 3 row intercooler
Custom intercooler piping, all silver powder coated
Blitz BOV w/ flange welded on intercooler piping
3" ceramic coated down pipe

First question ... I already have an S-AFC and an MSD BTM that I was going to use to tune fuel and timing, rather than buy a standalone. However, now I am told that with the S-AFC and MSD BTM, I would need a VPC. I am also told I can get the AEM computer and not use the VPC, S-AFC or BTM altogether. If this is the case, how much can I get an AEM for, and where at ? I would sell the BTM and S-AFC and just get the AEM, since this seems easier than using the S-AFC, BTM, and VPC.

What can you tell me about teh AEM unit ? Is it a standalone or piggyback ? Most importantly, I am looking for price and where to get it and if it is what I need to get the job done.

Now, some general questions..

1) One of my headlamp housings is really faded compared to the other one. Anyone encounter this & is there a way to fix it ? Someone told me I could use a buffer on it ?

2) The dislay for the climate control has black haze in it. Sometimes it spreads all throughout, sometimes it is not there at all ... is this common ? Solutions ?

3) The power mirros and the seat memory thing doesn't work. I haven't checked the fuses, but is there a chance that they are the same fuse ?

Other than that, the car is perfect! The turbo project begins Oct 19, so any help would be great!

Thanks
Nick Andes
owner of www.turboforum.net
Old 09-30-02, 01:25 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Angel, welcome to CL. We've covered all your questions previously, you should be able to find all the answers using the search function. If you still have any questions, PM or e-mail me and i'll give you a step-by-step on whatever you need.
- Jon