Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

94 sc300 single turbo 1jzgte problems, HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-11, 12:24 PM
soaring72
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 94 sc300 single turbo 1jzgte problems, HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey guys,

Yes ive searched! ok ive got a 94 sc300 with a single turbo 1jzgte, i bought the car the way it is, the guy claimed to run outta cash and needed to buy an engagement ring for his gf, so i got a deal on it. when i bought the car it had a number of problems. it has a 2jzge TPS and would rev to 2k and bog down, so i threw my other 1j tps on it, which came off of a motor that has traction control on the tb "if that makes a difference" so boom, it revs higher, but only to 4k and breaking up. so i tried revving it with the fuel return line pinched and it revs to 4k rpm's alot smoother, so i replaced the fuel pump with an aeromotive 340lph stealth in-tank pump. and it still did the same!!! "hey it was worth a shot". now today i replaced the spark plugs with some NGK 4644 "bkr7e" and gaped them to .028... now it revs alot smoother but still at 4k rpm's it almost sounds like a 2step, and no boost.... btw it does the same with the charge pipes off.

things ive replaces:

Crank position sensor
cam angle sensors
fuel pump
tps
spark plugs

Any input with be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!

HERES A VIDEO OF WHAT ITS DOING!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC233oMsuEs

Last edited by soaring72; 10-22-11 at 05:06 PM.
Old 10-22-11, 12:36 PM
619Rider
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check codes.. first... or else you will end up replacing alot of stuff. Is your one jay ecu TRac ? check knock sensors.. seems like is going into limp mode.
Old 10-22-11, 12:44 PM
soaring72
Driver School Candidate

1j ecu is not trac, im getting a code 12, that is why i replaced the crank position sensor. now the check engine light is off, but if i throw the clip back on it will still call for a code 12
Old 10-22-11, 02:49 PM
blueboost6
Rookie

, I came across an old post by CCC-TT that said to cut one of the wires on a body plug. (black wire number 10 on the white plug next to the orange one) It solved the problem immediately.
Old 10-22-11, 04:13 PM
StiCk3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by blueboost6
, I came across an old post by CCC-TT that said to cut one of the wires on a body plug. (black wire number 10 on the white plug next to the orange one) It solved the problem immediately.

As for the revs problem, a major input sensor is probably missing, not working, or not working properly which is causing the rev limit. Any check engine lights? Is the CEL even wired up to the dash? Try pulling codes to see if that leads anywhere.
Old 10-22-11, 05:07 PM
soaring72
Driver School Candidate

video posted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i did the wire mod and my cel works, code 12
Old 10-22-11, 10:18 PM
OneQwkV6
Driver School Candidate

Someone help this man out
Old 10-23-11, 05:06 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

chase the wire on the crank sensor it maybe broken , or the pin might slide out of the connector or not making a good contact.
clear that code and start the car and try to jump E1 and T1 lol i hav ethe same issue with 2jzgte 6 speed swap and i also had the same issue on my car but mine will not go past 3100 rpm lol
Yours is easy fix just go back to the wiring .
I will be on Here most of the day just replort back it's just the wire on the crank sensor i remember last year there was another FL member that had the same issue. I will try to find his thread and post it on here.
Old 10-23-11, 05:09 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I know he has a 2jz but you can do the same by using you 1jz ecu piniout good luck
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...lp-please.html
Old 10-23-11, 07:03 AM
spoolxexo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Cam sensor -> Wires ->ECU ->Wires -> Igniter ->Wires -> coil-packs.

Check all these things, It certainly sounds like an ignition issue.
Old 10-23-11, 06:50 PM
soaring72
Driver School Candidate

Could it be that the fuel pump is wired into the ignition????!!?!? I know this because I blew the ignition fuse when I wired the fans up, and the fuel pump stopped working, previous owner did it, the fuel pump stays on constantly when the key is in the on position!
Old 10-23-11, 09:55 PM
soaring72
Driver School Candidate

UPDATE: i found 2 wires coming from the harness by the fuse box in the engine bay, 1 goes to the button behind the clutch pedal, and the other one just sits there going nowhere, i touched it down to the positive battery terminal and it triggers the starter causing it to turn over!!!! wtf"? someone please help!
Old 10-24-11, 04:47 PM
StiCk3
Lexus Champion

that sounds VERY much like the problems i was having when i was wiring my car up, although i didn't have hanging wires all over the place like you did. The first plug you described is part of the neutral start switch, has that been bypassed on your car at all? also where did you find that stray wire? it sounds like touching that wire engages the starter, just like mine did when ever i hooked up my battery. A bit more info is needed
Old 10-26-11, 11:19 AM
soaring72
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by StiCk3
that sounds VERY much like the problems i was having when i was wiring my car up, although i didn't have hanging wires all over the place like you did. The first plug you described is part of the neutral start switch, has that been bypassed on your car at all? also where did you find that stray wire? it sounds like touching that wire engages the starter, just like mine did when ever i hooked up my battery. A bit more info is needed
that wire was removed, someone hooked it up to the harness below the fuse/relay box in the bay, im guessing the engine harness is from an A/T because there are 3 spare plugs hanging and 1 1 harness plug is missing with like a bunch of wires hanging, but one wire seems to be bypassed to another wire. i just unplugged the EFI Relay and fuse, left the battery out over night and stuck another ECU, today i plugged everything back up and turned the key to the ON position, and the CEL did blink 4 times very fast, then threw a code 12 again, without even starting the car... im thinking about pulling the crank pulley off to see if that CPS reader ring is outta place. also would anyone happen to have a ecu diagram showing which pins go to what? im thinking about wiring the CPS straight to the ecu..... any helpful info will be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!

BTW: there is only 1 plug hooked up to the trans, its the one going over the top of the trans. there is also a sensor on the driver side of the transmission with 2 black wires hanging from it. dunno what the hell it is!
Old 10-26-11, 12:22 PM
spoolxexo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by soaring72
im thinking about wiring the CPS straight to the ecu..... any helpful info will be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!

BTW: there is only 1 plug hooked up to the trans, its the one going over the top of the trans. there is also a sensor on the driver side of the transmission with 2 black wires hanging from it. dunno what the hell it is!
You want to stick a multi-meter into the CAS pins to find if you do have a short first, before you go running new wires.

One is gunna be your speed sensor. The other is the reverse light switch.

Quick Reply: 94 sc300 single turbo 1jzgte problems, HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!