Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Area51 Fabrication Supercharger kit for SC400 release date DEC/02-Jan/03

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-02, 03:07 AM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by ToyLexmods
Mad,

Tell WR to hurry up. I would also much rather have turbos. Get me 350rwhp without opening up the engine and a package price between 6-7500 and you got a deal. New parts, intercooled, fuel and timing control.

The first build up I see with dyno numbers listed above gets my business. Oh, it has to look nice too.
I would think you would need to put in larger injectors at the very least. When Leo tuned my SC400, at some points he said I was almost at 100% capacity on the injectors. Replacing injectors is fairly labor intensive.
Old 10-29-02, 03:14 AM
MadMaxSC400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's because the stock computer runs them at 100% but the motor doesn't need to go that high. The motor is 15% leaned out I think, so when tuned properly they're running 85% at high rpm.
Old 10-29-02, 12:02 PM
ToyLexmods
Lead Lap

Hermosa,

Hey, good to see your following this thread. And yes, the injectors are first inline to replace to get to 350rwhp on the V8.

Mad,

I was asked to go to SEMA this year with my buddy....but I had meetings scheduled for work the same week. Damn it! if I had known A51 and Leo would be there....I would have ditched the meetings and rescheduled.
Old 10-29-02, 07:36 PM
Area 51 Dave
Driver School Candidate

Just thought that I would like to chime in once I heard about this thread and give some "real" info on the SC kit. I will probably not be answering questions about the kit in the forum because we are absolutely getting SLAMMED in preparation for SEMA. If however, you would like to be included in a mailing list on the SC product updates, please leave me an email at sales@area51fab.com

Ok....couple of things on the kit

1) Our customer picked up the prototype kit last week and will be testing it until after SEMA. When we return, we get the car back, take the kit off so we can make the tools for duplicating the kit, and begin to sell it.

2) Final pricing has not been established. We are in the process of reviewing the components to establish pricing currently. To the extent we get a commitment from the SC owners, prices will drop because we get better pricing when buying in volume (blowers etc)

3) We assume the kit will be available for sale in late December or early January.

4) Our customer LOVES the car...and listenening to it and driving it is really making me consider and SC400...I was planning on an SC300 with a Supra engine swap.

5) the fun part.... WHP = 332.0 WTQ = 285.9

Dave

I can't seem to get the image to post....but the dyno is located at http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/54fcb...dynosheet.jpg?

Last edited by Area 51 Dave; 10-29-02 at 07:38 PM.
Old 10-29-02, 09:21 PM
legendary
Racer

you are right on time Area 51 Dave!
I just picked up my SC400 two weeks ago, and I got *some scrutiny* for not getting the 300, but i was confident this project would pull through. I have been monitoring this thread for some time now. This actually what we were going to be working on with my Legend for next year, which by the way you still may have some folks interested in.

There is a community that I can direct you to if you want to PM me.
pic of my Legend at NOPI Nationals this year - took 2nd place

Anyway, enough of my rant. Big thanks to all of you for putting this together, there are some enthusiasts like myself that get quite excited/happy for breaking news like this. oh boy...here we come

EDIT: The link to the dyno sheet is broken

Last edited by legendary; 10-29-02 at 09:25 PM.
Old 10-29-02, 11:10 PM
MadMaxSC400
Lexus Test Driver

I dunno how many times I've heard an SC400 owner say they wished someone made a supercharger or a turbo. Getting smoked by a turbo'ed Integra is not fun... Now forced induction is a reality for our cars, and the little ******es in their turbo Civics can find out what a blown/turboed SC V8 can do. Dave: I'll stop by your booth and say hi, see you in the desert!
Old 10-29-02, 11:33 PM
ToyLexmods
Lead Lap

Well gang,

With those numbers...I will buy the 1st kit. No questions asked...give us the parts that come with it and how much money to wire over. 6k, 7k, 8k....whatever, just give me a list to justify the cost of the kit and money will be wired over in a matter of minutes. Period.

Every other car I own has boost and is fully tuned. I dont want to sell my SC4 but if there is no boost in the future...I will build something else.

I must have boost.
Old 10-30-02, 12:01 AM
Phoenix88
Lead Lap

Would mileage matter to run a Blower? I am approaching 120miles on the odo, is it better to ditch this car and get a newer version before putting something like that on?
Old 11-03-02, 04:17 PM
ToyLexmods
Lead Lap

VS,

I would like to suggest that we start a new thread on this topic. Some ideas come to mind as to how it should be configured.

1. Close the thread and you control the input.
2. Give all the details as it pertains to this particular subject. Not, this route is better then that...or turbos are better than superchargers. I dont give a damn about that stuff and want to have a fact filled thread about this project. Thats it. Let everyone make thier own minds up about what is better. Lets have the facts in a clear manner so that a good decision can me made.
3. Please sticky this new thread.
4. Take the upgrade from start to finish and provide a great doc for all to see.
Old 11-04-02, 11:03 AM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by ToyLexmods
VS,

I would like to suggest that we start a new thread on this topic. Some ideas come to mind as to how it should be configured.

1. Close the thread and you control the input.
2. Give all the details as it pertains to this particular subject. Not, this route is better then that...or turbos are better than superchargers. I dont give a damn about that stuff and want to have a fact filled thread about this project. Thats it. Let everyone make thier own minds up about what is better. Lets have the facts in a clear manner so that a good decision can me made.
3. Please sticky this new thread.
4. Take the upgrade from start to finish and provide a great doc for all to see.
you got it!
Old 01-28-03, 09:58 AM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

I've just got a response from area51. They are not releasing it anytime soon. They did say that it may become true... but someday..
Old 01-28-03, 10:53 AM
Lvangundy

Jeez.

That's no good. Not like I'd be jumping on a kit or anything, but it would have been nice to know it was available.

Wonder what happened..maybe lack of interest?
Old 01-28-03, 11:15 AM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

I don't know if we will be releasing it in the near future. Our company has undergone major changes in the past couple of months...and there are a few projects that take presedence over the SC kit. We will eventually have it available as a shippable kit, but not in the near future. I apologize for the inconvenience.

that was the email that I received.
Old 01-28-03, 11:22 AM
NAZTY97
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts

now that just sux,... i'm tryin' to find every reason to keep this darn sc400 but this is ridiculous,... no turbo project and an imaginary completion date for a supercharger,...

boooo!! bad show!
Old 01-29-03, 01:34 AM
lexus_sc400_n20
Pole Position

Originally posted by VSsc400
like I said. I am customer #1. I'm taking a trip out to cali for the install as soon as they call me. Already took a tentative vacation in Dec/Jan. Also have 3 volunteers to go with me so we don't have to stop till we get there. Also ordered a 75 shot nitrous kit. I'll see you at the end of 1320.
What kind of nitrous kit did you order? I put a Nitrous Express kit in mine and i love it, none of those small crappy NOS solenoids. I have mine jetted at 100, i dynoed at 251 with the 75 jets in, estimate of 270 rwhp with 100 jets. After i put the 100 jets in i couldnt put the 75's back in! 13.9 @ 102

Quick Reply: Area51 Fabrication Supercharger kit for SC400 release date DEC/02-Jan/03