Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

1JZ owners: Have some questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-11, 02:35 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Default 1JZ owners: Have some questions

I am doing the swap into my SC400 and finally got the motor in to see if the plugs will be long enough and they will plug in. Well low and behold they do except one. This is the one on the driver side of the harness, on the firewall. It is a three wire prong and is black in color I believe. Where does need to go?

The other one next to this one goes to the heater control valve.

The other question is the starter OEM SC400 wiring. Does this need to be cut and removed from the car or does just tied all tucked away somehow? The current wiring on the 1JZ harness works, just needed some options on the factory harness in the car now.

How is everyone running their cruise control cable? i dont like the idea of it running across the valve covers. It just looks tacky.. IMO.. i was thinking of running a homemade bicycle cable somehow and have it neatly ran behind the block and come up along the intake manifold. Any opinions on this will be great.
Old 12-30-11, 04:00 PM
StiCk3
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

pics aren't working so i can't answer about the wiring. and im not sure how different the SC4 wiring is from and SC3 but i would think that nothing much is different.

As for cruise control i was given the old 1JZ cruise unit and cable with my swap. The cable is longer than the old SC cable but stlll goes over the valve cover. A member on here had his cruise control unit swapped out for a Supra unit and deleted his EVAP canister. This moves the CC unit back where the EVAP canister used to sit and the cable tucks behind the engine all the way to the throttle. I forget the user name, but maybe he can chime in if he sees this thread...or search and see if you can find it.
Old 12-30-11, 04:05 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

I didnt post any pictures, but i will tomorrow morning. Thanks for the reply. I am getting so antseee to hear this thing, you just dont know...

Does any other manufactures make a cable that will fit I wonder?
Old 12-30-11, 04:14 PM
StiCk3
Lexus Champion

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...works-but.html

here's the thread when i got my cruise control running, scroll down and you'll see the soarer CC setup and supra CC unit in an SC.

and i know about the waiting game, just be patient your time will come
Old 12-30-11, 05:04 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Thanks man.

I have another question, when I decide to mount the BOV, which side is best and why one is better or worse for the other, intake or exhaust? I have seen both.
Old 12-30-11, 06:23 PM
StiCk3
Lexus Champion

you mean hot side (before intercooler) or cold side (after intercooler)? Personally i would put it on the cold side close to the BOV because that's where the pressure front is made when the throttle is closed. The debate is still up though
Old 12-30-11, 06:29 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Yeah that's what I meant. I wonder why some are on one side and some choose the other side? Room for clearance, better sound, reliability?

Does the stock map sensor need a three prong harness connector? This is what I am thinking this is missing? Anyone else confirm?
Old 12-30-11, 08:32 PM
GSXRMack
Lead Lap

The black three prong is probably your MAP. Mine is directly AFT of the intake manifold and I just put the map sensor to a bolt right there on the firewall.

BOV placement is up in the air factory has it directly over the turbos which will cause reverse flow for just a bit of time, not horrible but works. Cold side closest to the throttle body works better IMHO because A. Closer to the "Actuator" signal(vacuum in the intake manifold) from when the throttle shuts and B. Air is always flowing in the same direction. I am doing the same thing that Mark on Clubna-t dot com did, press fitting my BOV flange directly into my throttle body. I can post a pic if needed.
Old 01-01-12, 10:00 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Pictures are always a plus. You are prolly asleep being nine hours ahead or so..