Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Question for Toyomoto Turbo owners

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-02, 10:40 AM
SC300TURBO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i will help out how ever i can to make it right....what needs to be righted at this point so i know specificly...besided wastegate and install instructions/??......is there anything else?..please email me...Jeff
sc300turbo@aol.com
Old 11-04-02, 11:03 AM
SC300TURBO
Lexus Test Driver

just got an update.......wastegate will be shipped out tonight via fedex........and you need to email me your fax number so i can send off a fax to ya...also lance got your email......if theres anything else needed please let me know....Jeff
Old 11-04-02, 01:51 PM
pcmw
Lexus Champion

Jeff,

Maybe you can negotiate with Lance to handle PR and Customer Service for him. You do a GREAT job. I think Hermosa will need a couple more things. However, I am not speaking FOR him. I will probably help him install it and thinking of the things that would be nice to know before tearing the thing up....

a. Instructions
b. Specific specialty tools that he needs. Someone said something about a tap or fitting that they needed to borrow.
c. Remaining parts.
d. Any add'l info on hooking up a boost controller and s-afc.
e. Add'l boost springs.
f. Lance's CELL PHONE and HOME PHONE so if we get stuck

MW
Old 11-04-02, 02:38 PM
SC300TURBO
Lexus Test Driver

pcmw.....i appreciate the compliment.....and i have tried to help out anyone on this board with in reason......sc300t will verify.....

instructions are comming...
tools needed are nothing special just bits to run the oil lines....
remaning parts are the waste gate and instructions
boost controller install is covered by shop ya buy it from or instructions that come with the boost controller....
additional boost springs are not needed with a boost controller
and although i understand the desire for lances cell number .....his wife and kids see very little of him already...if he were to give out his cell and home number i dont think he would have a wife or kids anymore...lol..but i understand your point....
take it easy...Jeff
Old 11-07-02, 01:31 AM
SC300T
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hermosa, any updates on this project? Just curious.
Old 11-07-02, 04:08 AM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up

Yes. Looks like things are coming together. I received the wastegate today and have been communicating with Jeff to take care of the turbo needs. He has been integral in getting the rest of my kit shipped as well as getting me some instructions. Once I get a digital camera I will inquire about some "mystery parts" which I don't know where to put.

The instructions are vague but once I reviewed them all I will post some pretty good questions.

A few to start.

I got a long bolt with some holes in it. What is this for?

There is limited length for the oil feed. Is there a better description of where the oil tap in the pan should be located?

Is there a diagram of the fuel setup?

Perhaps a picture of an installed product showing the top and bottom.
Old 11-07-02, 04:43 AM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

Looking at the air tube included I found two connections for the tube but I tink one is missing completely and one threaded tube is not there either (two ends showing). The pics would help. Was there a packing list?
Old 11-07-02, 10:42 AM
SC300T
Lexus Test Driver

I got a long bolt with some holes in it. What is this for?
Is that the oil filter bracket bolt? Longish bolt, big head with a drilled center? If so, that's it. A fitting for the oil feed line goes through the head of the bolt. The oil line is best run from this feed point directly under the block (oil pan) of the engine to the other side. The oil feed line should be just the right size not too much slack but enough for what you need to do.

Perhaps some clarification: The oil feed goes from the drilled bolt next to the oil filter under the engine to the top of the turbo body.

Oil then flows down through the center section and is evacuated at the bottom and then flows through the large diameter return line to the oil pan. MAKE SURE THE RETURN PORTION TO THE PAN DOES NOT HAVE EXTRA SLACK!!! It must be a simple curve to the boss in the pan, not an elbow, not an "S" curve but a simple arc to the pan with not much extra slack. The oil return location can't be described but I'll get some pics for you.

You'll want to rent or buy a 90 degree angle drill from the tool rental for drilling the oil return into the block. I assume you have the correct 29/32" drill bit? If not a 7/8" hole saw will work. If not familiar, it is a drill attached bit normally used for drilling circles into wood looks like a cylinder with open front and teeth around the perimeter. It doesn't have to be anything special, should be found in the drill bits section of Lowes or Home Depot.

More on this later tonight. I can get some detailed pics and will post on my website for you.
Old 11-12-02, 03:22 PM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

Jeff did you get my e-mails?
Old 11-12-02, 07:33 PM
awj
Bluegr*** Performance

look - the blue fitting is where the return is - you want to buy this one?
Attached Thumbnails Question for Toyomoto Turbo owners-upperpanwreturn.jpg  
Old 11-14-02, 08:43 PM
SC300TURBO
Lexus Test Driver

yes i did get your emails and did reply...things have been way too hectic with my buddys house burning down and being on the set of fast and furious 2...mabye we will have some good footage of a turbo sc300 ill write more later....Jeff
Old 11-15-02, 10:16 AM
SC300T
Lexus Test Driver

my buddys house burning down
Jeeze.... Where were you????