Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

93 SC400 + Intake, exhaust, safc2, Wideband O2

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-12, 06:21 PM
NaturalJZ
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For a second, i thought your car was on its side... lol
Old 03-01-12, 07:16 PM
SC400R1
Driver School Candidate

I love bikes, I cant wait to get one again. But after all years of the tickets, suspended licenses, wrecks, medical bills, getting dropped by every insurance company ect, I realized I need take a break and mature a little. Funny thing is I decided divert my thrill seeking into building a Bicycle that I later snapped my ankle on. lol still have all the medical bill but luckily this wreck didnt cost me my license
I actually have and extra shifter that is already painted and dyed. It looks better, but for some reason i just dont like it. It has a slight smell and it feels different to me. Its probably all in my head, but I'll just keep an eye for a good deal on an factory black one.

The 3k / Stealth if def an awesome car. That's a great bang for your buck as well. Ive definitely had 10x more fun in that car. Once i got my first R1 though, I didnt really care as much about having a fast car. But the real reason I switched from the stealths was maintenance. I mean really, finding a good mechanic that is going to take care of your car and treat it the way you care about it, with out raping you wallet is almost impossible to find. Which is why I dont ever take my car to anyone unless its really something I cant do (press bearings, rebuild auto tranny) I dunno it was a long time ago, but if I remember right I always felt like working on my stealth was a nightmare. I love all the room under the SC's hood

Holy **** MooJohn a 94 pear white was my dream car. 94 was the best year you could get, new body, 6spd, 1gen luxury. very nice! My first one was a black 93, 2nd was a green 92. I hate green but finding a decent TT isnt exactly the easiest thing in the world, even back in 2000.

I would like to have another stealth one day, but my current dream car is a 850csi. and im not even into german cars lol

hey ashtray I do keep my headlights polished, but what seemed to have made a little difference in appearance of the head light, was when I replaced the parking lights with white LED's. they cast a slight blue tint inside the whole headlight housing, and it makes it look clearer because it kind of hides the yellowish tint in the plastic. this might just be another one of those things that "seems that way to me"

I have a pretty busy weekend, but I will try to make a vid so you can hear it.
Old 03-01-12, 07:17 PM
SC400R1
Driver School Candidate

ha yeah i dont know why it looks that way in the post, the actual photo isnt turned sideways
Old 03-02-12, 01:36 PM
poorsupra
Pole Position

Any possible DIY write up for wiring an safc in the SC400? Never ran any sort of piggy back before and I have never seen any such instructions for the SC4.
Old 03-03-12, 12:24 AM
fliaznguy
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only thing I didn't like about the Stealth was the wing on the back...And you're right about the room. You had to lube your hands all the way to your elbows before digging into a 3kgt or a stealth tt.
Old 03-05-12, 12:14 AM
Str8sikk
Driver

Im also curious on the safc wire up. I just five speed swapped mine and want to do this mod....plus thinking of turbo this summer
Old 03-12-12, 12:42 AM
Axmily
Lead Lap

hey im buying one of these as well any news? how hard was the install?
Old 04-14-12, 05:57 PM
claytons91
Driver School Candidate

Very nice interior. Did you paint or dyied?

I want to make my tan into black :P
Old 04-14-12, 06:25 PM
Toyboxx
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Seems like quite a few of us have Mitsu background. My first "modiifiable" car was a '94 GSX, and that car was a blast. I would love to get another, but I had to sell it, because it kept getting me in trouble, to the point where it got impounded for 30 days and suspended my license, so I had to sell to pay fines. I WILL own another one someday. I miss the ease of working on it, and dumping money into.

Now that I got my license back in Novemeber I picked up a '93 SC300, and frankly I don't think I would ever sell for any reason. The SC is the closest I'll get to owning a Supra, and I've loved the Supra's since I first saw one in '97 at my dads Toyota dealer. Then I found out in '05 (I was 14) that SC's and Supra's shared the same chassis, and from that point forward I've grown to love these cars. Now that I finally own one, I won't ever let it go. This is my 2nd dream car, and if something ever happens, I'll buy another.

BTW you sir have a CLEAN SC400, and I'm interested to see how your car turns out
Old 05-01-12, 10:55 PM
Bassrocker
Rookie

hey how does that muffler setup sound?
Old 03-04-13, 09:16 PM
sc300PR
Rookie

what ever happen to this thread!? lol im really thinking about getting a apexi neo afc for my sc400! one way to find out i guess :/
Old 03-31-13, 07:26 PM
MyLexs400
Driver School Candidate

Nice SC4. Picked mines up in Dec thinking about the same mods. Good luck on your build. Had a Talon awd. DSM cars a little unreliable. Worked for Benz 03-10 they got raw power but no handling and very expensive parts. Over intrusive esp systems take away from those cars. 722.6 trans is great though. Maybe see ya around at a FL meet or something
Old 03-31-13, 08:53 PM
MMCtuner
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Take it as an advice. With a safc you would know how your sc400 can be, but on the long run will be a waste. After a couple of runs, the ecu will relearn and back everything to stock readings.
You should look for a piggyback (aem fic-8 is the one I'm using) or disconnect o2 sensors (and get a CEL) to block the ECU to relearn.
Old 04-11-13, 09:28 AM
Midengtoy
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MMCtuner
Take it as an advice. With a safc you would know how your sc400 can be, but on the long run will be a waste. After a couple of runs, the ecu will relearn and back everything to stock readings.
You should look for a piggyback (aem fic-8 is the one I'm using) or disconnect o2 sensors (and get a CEL) to block the ECU to relearn.
I've heard of the oem ECU relearning everything after a few runs also is this true? Some people seem to have this issue and some don't. I would like to run an AFC also but I wouldn't' want one if the ECU would just relearn everything. If it did relearn everything would it be as simple as resetting the ECU by unplugging the negative cable or would that reset the AFC also resulting in a retune?
Old 04-11-13, 07:23 PM
maynanator
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

if you're still looking for headers there's a company in australia that is producing the same headers as the former rush longtubes. Look up hurricane headers, that should get you some results (it may show up under soarer headers).