Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Lextreme Torque Converter and WHP

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-12, 10:55 AM
ajmccarrel
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lookEVO
Yep, you mad.
No, you just remind me of this guy who responded to a Craigslist ad for a trade I once posted. I was trying to trade a 2001 Ford Taurus for a cruddy work truck and my ad was very insistent that it would be a straight across trade.

The aforementioned guy said that he would trade a Cadillac Escalade if I would kick in $26,000 in cash. I laughed and said that wasn't a work truck and that my ad explicitly said NO CASH. He kept getting more and more abusive as the ad went on and he kept saying things, "Okay, either $23,000 cash or WE'RE DONE!!!!" I told him in no uncertain terms about a dozen times that I didn't want his Escalade and that I certainly wasn't going to pay him that much cash for it. He went on for days insulting me, somehow acting completely offended and put out that I wouldn't buy his stupid Escalade, as if I had killed his dog or something.

You remind me a lot of that guy. You just have nothing better to do and must be personally unfulfilled in some fashion that you need to come on to threads, give unsolicited advise and in general act like a douche.
Old 04-23-12, 11:16 AM
lookEVO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, you REAL mad. Never called you any names... you took everything the wrong way immediately. You have some real thin skin bro. I offered my non conformist and non sugar coated opinion on where you can spend the money a converter fetches. Try fixing your trans first. You post in a foruim asking an opinion about something and get mad when you dont hear what you want.... you went the wrong way in thinking i said do a swap. i didnt. You got mad first sweetie.
Old 04-23-12, 12:17 PM
ajmccarrel
Driver

Yep, you REAL mad. Never called you any names... you took everything the wrong way immediately. You have some real thin skin bro. I offered my non conformist and non sugar coated opinion on where you can spend the money a converter fetches. Try fixing your trans first. You post in a foruim asking an opinion about something and get mad when you dont hear what you want.... you went the wrong way in thinking i said do a swap. i didnt. You got mad first sweetie.
Literacy is not your strong point. I already said the car was in the shop getting the tranny fixed and I already said that the only reason I was doing the TC now was because the transmission was already out of the car.

Secondly, I didn't ask for your opinion on my mod sequence. I asked if the TC had any impact on RWHP numbers.

Duh! Not winning!
Old 04-23-12, 12:19 PM
lookEVO
Lexus Test Driver

Its ok pumpkin. Just let it go.
Old 04-23-12, 12:30 PM
bryan767
Lexus Test Driver

jesus when did this forum turn into hondatech.
gtfo.

OP Good luck on the trans build. sounds like you were right on the clutch pack.
Old 04-23-12, 12:34 PM
ajmccarrel
Driver

Originally Posted by bryan767
jesus when did this forum turn into hondatech.
gtfo.

OP Good luck on the trans build. sounds like you were right on the clutch pack.
I don't know, but I'd like to be able to post a simple question without being called "sweetie", "pumpkin", or being told I need to turbo and nitrous my car. I didn't think that the SC crowd was so full of ricers.
Old 04-23-12, 12:46 PM
bryan767
Lexus Test Driver

its all the 240sx kids converting over because they keep wrecking them, and the 240 shells are getting more expensive then sc shells. (3-4k for a 240 shell 800-2500 for a sc)

another site to check out thats a bit more technical is supraforums
Old 04-23-12, 12:48 PM
lookEVO
Lexus Test Driver

And you continue with the personal attacks... seriously bro? If youre following your buddy jibby or whatever then your plan IS for nitrous. He also made mention of thinking about a turbo at one point, so dont act like i told you that you could be doing other things to better spend your money. You can do all these things he's done to his car and still only have 250 or so whp. (minus the nitrous) That's fine, but a stock Jeep Grand Cherokee can still leave you behind... and dont even get me started on the whole street racing thing in general... and im the "ricer" OK. Id never build a car to try to go beat stock cars, its ludicrous. If you want your car to be badass, by all means. I didnt tell you not to. You didnt say specifically that you were currently getting your tranny rebuilt, you said your current mods had led to the need for a rebuild. By a god damn torque converter for all i care. You were already told its not gonna raise your HP, and in general it will probably lower it... it does shift your power band. And not to burst your bubble, but just doing an intake and exhaust doesnt free up a million HP.

I never started hating on you til you started with attacks. After i said do some real mods first, had you said I have plans for some, great. I wouldnt have had issue. If your trans is out of your car right now getting fixed and you wanna put a stall in it, great. just dont be surprised when you still get beat by 350's and then your back asking what else you can do.

Take it to the track.

For the record, i have never owned a 240. Nor am I a "kid" Ive had many cars that were built, this actually being the car that ive wanted since they came out, and yes I mean the early 90's.

Last edited by lookEVO; 04-23-12 at 12:55 PM.
Old 04-23-12, 12:53 PM
bryan767
Lexus Test Driver

^i think your mad bro.
Old 04-23-12, 12:58 PM
lookEVO
Lexus Test Driver

Not even mad bro.
Old 04-23-12, 01:06 PM
bryan767
Lexus Test Driver

your three paragraph rant says otherwise.
Old 04-23-12, 01:10 PM
lookEVO
Lexus Test Driver

Nah, i was just explaining a position he completely over exaggerated. Im good.
Old 04-23-12, 01:20 PM
ajmccarrel
Driver

And you continue with the personal attacks... seriously bro? If youre following your buddy jibby or whatever then your plan IS for nitrous. He also made mention of thinking about a turbo at one point, so dont act like i told you that you could be doing other things to better spend your money. You can do all these things he's done to his car and still only have 250 or so whp. (minus the nitrous) That's fine, but a stock Jeep Grand Cherokee can still leave you behind... and dont even get me started on the whole street racing thing in general... and im the "ricer" OK. Id never build a car to try to go beat stock cars, its ludicrous. If you want your car to be badass, by all means. I didnt tell you not to. You didnt say specifically that you were currently getting your tranny rebuilt, you said your current mods had led to the need for a rebuild. By a god damn torque converter for all i care. You were already told its not gonna raise your HP, and in general it will probably lower it... it does shift your power band. And not to burst your bubble, but just doing an intake and exhaust doesnt free up a million HP.

I never started hating on you til you started with attacks. After i said do some real mods first, had you said I have plans for some, great. I wouldnt have had issue. If your trans is out of your car right now getting fixed and you wanna put a stall in it, great. just dont be surprised when you still get beat by 350's and then your back asking what else you can do.

Take it to the track.

For the record, i have never owned a 240. Nor am I a "kid" Ive had many cars that were built, this actually being the car that ive wanted since they came out, and yes I mean the early 90's.
Look dude, you've got serious issues. It's my car and I can do with it as I choose. I want about 300BHP, which is completely realistic with this car with bolt ons. I don't go to the track, I don't make a habit of racing everybody, nor do I want to. I don't care if your Grand Cherokee can beat me or not. I assume lots of cars can beat me and I'm okay with that. I don't have the same compulsive need to be faster than everyone else on the road. I'm a boring accountant, father of two, that wants a sporty but luxurious car for little money. I could buy a G35, but I don't want to spend that much. An SC400 seemed like a good idea to me because I can make it into what i want with little money. I don't have 20K to drop in upgrades in my back pocket, nor would I spend it all on this car if I did. I will do the upgrades I want to do, when I can do them, one at a time. I want it to feel like I want it to feel like, period. I am not accoubtable to you as to what I want to do with my car. If I want to glue dead fish all over it, I am free to do so. Please grow all the way up to 12 and leave me alone.
Old 04-23-12, 01:26 PM
lookEVO
Lexus Test Driver

Im gonna be the bigger man and say agree to disagree. Ill PM you what Im gonna say, take it or leave it.