Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Area51 Vortech Supercharger for SC400's

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-02, 12:04 AM
ToyLexmods
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chris,

No problem, I just didnt see any connection. Why are we talking about economy mode when we are building a SC with 330rwhp? If anyone wants economy....this route is not for you. If you dont know what 330rwhp feels like...I suggest you get a ride in some fast cars before bolting on this supercharger kit. Be ready to upgrade some suspension, brakes, tires and wheels with this combo. You will have your hands full with the stock suspension.

As for mileage....would I do this if my SC had 150k? Sure, but I would be ready to install a new engine when this one died. Dont be fooled into thinking you will not have issues. If you dont have the money to put a new engine in....do you think it warrants spending 7500 to put a supercharger on?
Old 11-19-02, 07:42 AM
legendary
Racer

how is this a stupid question? I just know that the car accelerates a lot stronger in power mode. I did say "how will this affect performance", so it IS a relevant question. I love how the car feels in power mode, I wanted to know if it will have the same affect with the blower. I am all about getting more power, I wanted to know if there will be a difference in how the power is put down in both modes. This is relevant to the charger, as this is one reason I went and BOUGHT my SC400 last month. I am sorry, but there is nothing that states what this button will do with the charger...and I think it is a very good question. Search for that.

No disrespect intended...just felt that was uncalled for. There is a definite difference now in my car between both modes. Basically, the way you make it seem is that I should leave it in pwr mode....but if the switch is inoperable, then it doesn't matter.
Old 11-21-02, 02:19 AM
ToyLexmods
Lead Lap

Legendary,

Please get off your soap box. Read my response and my second response. "Stupid" was never mentioned....I just didnt see the connection and still dont. Again, I said no problems and left it at that.

I wish this thread could be kept to the facts on the production of the supercharger. Thats all...my opinion and thats all.
Old 11-21-02, 07:45 AM
legendary
Racer

Originally posted by ChrisSC300
its a question about how the kit will affect the car. Whats wrong with that?

Now, can someone answer the original question w/o flaming please? This is my car, and I would like to know what all is involved.

Last edited by legendary; 11-21-02 at 08:04 AM.
Old 11-21-02, 11:01 AM
NAZTY97
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts
Lightbulb

I believe the button you're referring to if my memory serves me correctly affects the shifting timing of your transmission,..... higher rpm shifting gives more power, less fuel economy,...so I don't think the addition of the supercharger should affect it. If you ever watched your tach when it's in the other mode ( forgot what mode that is cuz i never drive with it engaged ),....your car shifts gears a lot lower rpm, and thus feels more smooth, but sluggish,... ECT higher rpm shift,.... ECT w/ OD off, even higher rpm shifting, and the car becomes peppier,.....

hopefully that helps...
Old 11-21-02, 11:26 AM
legendary
Racer

Originally posted by NAZTY97
I believe the button you're referring to if my memory serves me correctly affects the shifting timing of your transmission,..... higher rpm shifting gives more power, less fuel economy,...so I don't think the addition of the supercharger should affect it. If you ever watched your tach when it's in the other mode ( forgot what mode that is cuz i never drive with it engaged ),....your car shifts gears a lot lower rpm, and thus feels more smooth, but sluggish,... ECT higher rpm shift,.... ECT w/ OD off, even higher rpm shifting, and the car becomes peppier,.....

hopefully that helps...
thank you, Naz...that is all I was asking. Just wanted to see if this made a difference. It is very much appreciated (this is what I thought, just wanted to verify).

I can't wait to get this
Old 11-24-02, 11:20 AM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the area51 supercharged sc400 will be at the track all day saturday so i should have an update what it runs.

the 335RWHP was actually achieved with 7.5psi. the car will be tested this weekend @ 12psi all stock internals.

i'll keep you guys updated.
Old 11-25-02, 02:11 PM
healerhand
Lead Lap

Hey,

If stock internal can handle 12 psi. I might increase my boost. Currently, i am running 7 psi with water injection coming in at 4 psi. Perhaps once my 440 cc injectors, adjustable fuel regulator and 255 L/H fuel pump is done, i can increase to 12 psi. We will see.
Old 11-25-02, 02:38 PM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by healerhand
Hey,

If stock internal can handle 12 psi. I might increase my boost. Currently, i am running 7 psi with water injection coming in at 4 psi. Perhaps once my 440 cc injectors, adjustable fuel regulator and 255 L/H fuel pump is done, i can increase to 12 psi. We will see.
NO! they were testing it over the weekend @ 12psi. we don't know if it is safe yet. I'll keep you posted.
Old 11-25-02, 02:53 PM
Lvangundy

Were they running it out at Palmdale?
Old 11-25-02, 03:23 PM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

i'm not sure... didn't ask the details where they were running it.... just when....
Old 11-27-02, 04:28 AM
Tryk
Pole Position

I can't wait to hear the initial times.
My original plans were to buy an sc300, but since I am in Canada, if I can get good power out of the sc400 I might consider going that direction.
Old 11-27-02, 08:51 AM
Keith13b
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally posted by Tryk Racing
I can't wait to hear the initial times.
My original plans were to buy an sc300, but since I am in Canada, if I can get good power out of the sc400 I might consider going that direction.
Just out of sheer curiosity, what does living in Canada have to do the seperation between buying a SC3 and a SC4?
Old 11-27-02, 10:12 AM
Overclocker
G35x - RWD/AWD goodness

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I’m sure I’ll be corrected if I’m wrong, but I don’t think they sold the SC300 there.

Overclocker
Old 11-27-02, 05:14 PM
Keith13b
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

That explains it, if its true. Cool, Thanks.

Quick Reply: Area51 Vortech Supercharger for SC400's