Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

**nitrous help please**

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-12, 09:00 AM
pwashking
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default **nitrous help please**

I have a 92 sc400 and have installed a few mods. like Injen intake, megan mufflers. cut out the cats. and a piggyback for the ECU..before these mod I had a problem of thye car starting and then stalling in just a second or two after 5-8 attempts it would start and no problkems for awhile, it seemed to be more in hot conditions. I still did all of these mods and the problem seemed to be gone. the last thing I did was put plugs in and cut the cats out and the car seemed to run like never before ...wow what a difference. until it acually stalled out while driving at 60mph like iut was out of gas.. I went through my same proceedure of turning the key on and og without turning the motor ovr and it started and I was on my way again.. My question is that I'm installing nitrous monday and wondered if that could be dangerous with this stall issue..and whet do you guys think the stall issue may be...im noobie 4 sure but love my car and more power...any help and input would be appreciated on this matter..youy guys are awsome, I've learned alot just lurking..lol
Attached Images  
Old 05-20-12, 09:06 AM
GamblerZ
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check the thread in the general area for an answer. I can't imagine that posting this question twice is going to be very popular with the moderators.

The short answer to your question, fix your problem first.
Old 05-20-12, 09:19 AM
pwashking
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I didnt know any better

My bad.. never happen agian...what seems to be the problem though...
Old 05-20-12, 01:02 PM
MooJohn
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It sounds like your fuel pump ECU may be going out. I sure wouldn't count on it while the spray is on. Lean = new engine time.