Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Signal Auto 2JZ-GTE swap w/ 6 spd for $7,500

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-02, 12:19 AM
IS200 3SGTE
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oops left the Lancer Evo out of there, but ya the WRX STi is rated at 280PS in japan and so is the Lancer. A US magazine a few years ago (can't remember which mag) drove a Japanese WRX STi and they said it was way underrated at 280HP and felt like a lot more, same was said by Compact Car Magazine about the Lancer Evo VIII ( is that right amount of IIIs? LOL).

Trust me we always get the crappy version of all the cars, only now they are bringing good versions of car mainly the Subaru WRX STi, still not the good one at 227HP but a big improvement. Also with the Lancer Evo officially comming there has been talk that the WRX Sti will be brought up to 280HP to battle with the Evo. Subaru is also bringing there Turbo Forrestor (the TX, the same 227HP engine in the WRX STi).

hope this starts a new trend with the new imports coming over.
Old 11-14-02, 06:37 PM
NONE
Driver School Candidate

For those interested on the East coast. Mine is beenig done at a shop in GA. full 2JZ GTE swap with 6speed tranny and single turbo upgrade with fuel. Once its done and we have a idea of what it will take I will be able to post a package price. The guy building mine is the same person who buit my Z and many of the big power east coast supras. I think that 8k for the swap in a auto car will end up being a bit high but will post results once we know.
Old 11-14-02, 07:20 PM
T51R
Pole Position

Default sc300 2jz swap

well the sinal is great shop and they do good job. I think 7500 for whole swap deal os very cheap and they do have a HKS Fconv-pro to tune(HKS usa dose not release the Fconv-pro in us yet. which means that you can get a Fconv pro only from signal and tune it) if your car has single turbo conversion or HKS twin. I did alot cheaper than 7500 on mine since I worked on it, but it is pretty simple swap. I think it is anyway( but not like swapping a honda's or sr20det ......)

T04R is not good for me anymore,, time for T51R spl..... and 3.2l.
daily drive with HKS triple plate.... sometimes kinda sucks to have triple ..... but of well
Old 11-14-02, 08:00 PM
NONE
Driver School Candidate

Default Re: sc300 2jz swap

Originally posted by T51R
well the sinal is great shop and they do good job. I think 7500 for whole swap deal os very cheap and they do have a HKS Fconv-pro to tune(HKS usa dose not release the Fconv-pro in us yet. which means that you can get a Fconv pro only from signal and tune it) if your car has single turbo conversion or HKS twin. I did alot cheaper than 7500 on mine since I worked on it, but it is pretty simple swap. I think it is anyway( but not like swapping a honda's or sr20det ......)

T04R is not good for me anymore,, time for T51R spl..... and 3.2l.
daily drive with HKS triple plate.... sometimes kinda sucks to have triple ..... but of well
I dont see how you can drive that triple HKS. I have tryed on some freinds cars and that thing is undriveable I though. I went with the RPS twin carbon it is like driving a stock one compared to the HKS and much better then the Giken.

That T51R is a beast but lots of lag over the T04r and traction is a big issue My good freind Phil Panoz ran one in his supra and it was a hand full to say the least.
Old 11-14-02, 08:52 PM
T51R
Pole Position

Default sc300

well T51R is actually not bad turbo and it will spool up. I have a 50 shot on bottom end to help the turbo to spool up and I got HKS Fconv-pro to tune the car and swing the cam timming to help the bottom end little bit.... well it is a same thing, whether T04R or T51, if you dont have a good tires on your car it is worthless til 4th gear... I got nitto 555r's but it is worthless on 1-2nd....
Triple plate clucth is not a hard for me to drive everyday since I kinda got used to it now.... but sometimes, when you came to stop at the hills...... oh boy.... but other than that, it is not the bad.....
Old 11-14-02, 09:00 PM
NONE
Driver School Candidate

well he was running 335s and R rubber A032R yoko tires it had no real traction till 100mph. It spooled at 4500rpm with a haltech stand alone and cam gears. It was a stock motor and cams so I am sure you could shave it some as long as you didnt go to big on the cams. The traction though I think will be a big issue.
Old 11-14-02, 09:14 PM
T51R
Pole Position

Default sc300

I completely agree with what you saying NONE... only differece from your freind to my car is tranny.. I still have a getrag 6 speed on my car but with T51R set ups, I got tranny from 1jz, which is same bell housing as 2jz. My new tranny got OS cross gear ratio from 1-5th, whcih my RPM will not drop as much,,, I know that there is no one can build the getrag 6 speed but not 1jz tranny.. althoght poeple might saying like my gear might be too short on top speed but I think the gear topping out at 170mph is not bad since I dont want to get arrested.. i dont have the kinda ball with me
Old 11-14-02, 09:17 PM
T51R
Pole Position

Default traction!!

weilside sells a traction control for 2jz.. so it should take care of the traction problem a little bit...
Old 11-16-02, 01:44 PM
NONE
Driver School Candidate

I am not failare with the Vailside but I know racelogic makes makes one that is based on a performance application. As you know the factory ones are useless for big power cars and slow it down to much. The drawback to the Racelocic is its a ignition cut device so it cant be used with N20 so now your back to lag. I had looked into it for my Z and found very good responce from those running it. I could not go with it due to the N20 problem but I might latter get it for 1,2 gear and work on a relay to turn it off for N20 use in 3rd up.
Old 11-17-02, 02:03 AM
healerhand
Lead Lap

Ok, I stopped by Signal Auto today. The shop have two lifts and a small showroom. The total square foot is about 700 sq ft. I took my LS400 TT and ask if they can do anything as far as tunning. The programmer does not speak any English, but others do.

The amount of $7,500 for the 2JZ swap is just labor. The amount does not include the engine or the tranny. The total price is about $14,000 for the swap job. Since its a used Japanese engine, it has no warrantee (spelling).

After talking to them for about 30 minutes, i am not impress with their service.

Anyhow, they could not help me with my car. They said its too much work and they dont know it would work or not. Basically, he have never seen a Lexus LS400 TT.
Old 11-17-02, 02:30 AM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Re: sc300 2jz swap

Originally posted by NONE

My good freind Phil Panoz ran one in his supra and it was a hand full to say the least.

name dropper
Old 11-17-02, 04:28 AM
T51R
Pole Position

Default signal

well I know the fact that u can use a HKS FconVpro to tune your car( there is no harness kit for your car so it have to be custom make but I guess the kitaoksa is trying to say that if you not going to make a 500 600 range of power, then its not really worth of putting Fconvpro, and all... and I know the signal owner can do very good job on car, regardless what you thought about them...
Old 11-17-02, 07:48 PM
NONE
Driver School Candidate

Default Re: Re: Re: sc300 2jz swap

Originally posted by DrRick

name dropper
LOL ok if you say so. since most people have no idea who that is if they are not from ATL.
Old 11-17-02, 09:22 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if they know anything about le mans racing they should know. if im not mistaken, he owns the damn thing. i was just busting your ***** man. i bet he has some serious *** rides.......
Old 11-18-02, 05:03 PM
sc300tt
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Re: Re: sc300 2jz swap

Originally posted by DrRick

name dropper
It's Phil Panas not Panoz. I bet Phil wishes he spelt his name that way.

Quick Reply: Signal Auto 2JZ-GTE swap w/ 6 spd for $7,500