Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

1jz vvti swap no power whatsoever

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-12, 05:13 AM
Vrank
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Because your car is not running right, you've obviously got other problems than just the warning lights if the pump stays on, it's also easier to check for continuity and diagnose stuff when the harness is out and in your lap, or at least pulled through the firewall so all ends are available in one place.

The fact that you have a degree in this stuff and this thread exists is EXTREMELY hilarious to me. I'm currently looking into colleges. Please tell me which one you went to so I can avoid it at all costs.
Old 07-18-12, 06:32 AM
kez
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Wooh lot of Internet arguing here lets just help a member out instead of bickering like 5 year old on the wood chip school yard.

Please stop bashing really makes the community have a suck feeling
Old 07-18-12, 07:16 AM
JDMb16bEG6
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kez
Wooh lot of Internet arguing here lets just help a member out instead of bickering like 5 year old on the wood chip school yard.

Please stop bashing really makes the community have a suck feeling
Thanks bro, and for vrank the fuel pump issue was figured out, and the fuel pump no longer stays on, and my associates degree is in automotive technology, and just because I'm a mechanic doesn't mean I know it all, as for this thread. So obviously you think you know it all, tellin me to pull out the harness
Old 07-18-12, 07:19 AM
JDMb16bEG6
Pole Position

Thanks for the concern vrank, not tryin to get into a battle, just tryin to get my car on the road is all, thanks to everyone on the forum, I would not have been able to get it runnin if it wasn't for you all, thanks guys
Old 07-18-12, 07:42 AM
Vrank
Lexus Test Driver

You know what else makes a community suck? When people ask for help, but don't listen. It makes it completely pointless. That's all a few of us have tried to do for three plus pages. But I was serious about the college part.
Old 07-18-12, 08:15 AM
cartmill
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

remove harness and send to someone who has an associates in automotive technology and didn't sleep through wiring and electronics class.

and vrank, just now looking into college? i took you to be much older for some reason.

also, don't go to 2 year college for cars. keep it a hobby, or work in the automotive corporate world with a 4 year degree and relate it to cars somehow
trust me.

Last edited by cartmill; 07-18-12 at 08:19 AM.
Old 07-18-12, 08:21 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Guys , knock it out please.
I am not taking sides , i am just gonna tell you guys how it is and how i feel.
Here is the deal , when you start a thread and ask for help , whenever people that knows what they are doing post on your thread telling how to fix the issues you are having and you just ignore them , then you keep asking the same questions over and over and over .If you don't listen to people why ask them a question?

In the 2 years this forum has grown alot , we are actually sharing info that others didn't wanna share when i first joined.People didn't even wanna tell me how to get my cluster working after my 1jzgte swap 4-5 years ago, they wanted me to send them my cluster +$75 paypal and they will mail it back to me LOL.

This is what I would , I will just stop posting on your thread and help the others that really need help, to me it';s sounds like OP was just trying to avoid pulling the harness back out and find out why he was having all these issues, maybe he is anxious to get his car back on the road.
It gets annoying when they tried to help and you brush them off..
Old 07-18-12, 08:58 AM
JDMb16bEG6
Pole Position

I been reading up on this swap for 2 years, and knew there would be those problems/ issues, and made sure I didn't have to pull the harness out of the engine for that reason, everyone is gettin mad cuz I didn't take the harness back out when I didn't need to, would it have made it better if I answered back to vrank and said I rather not pull the harness out then yes that is my fault, I'm not tryin to bash anyone, especially on my thread, but when you have an *** hole Sittin there talkin ****, just cuz I'm askin questions, then that's on him, don't come bashing on me cuz I rather not pull the harness. Let's just keep it straight and to the point, no comin at people cuz they didn't want to do somethin you kept sayin to do, seriously. I don't want any problems on here with anyone, so let's all make a mendz, and start all over
Old 07-23-12, 03:26 AM
Vrank
Lexus Test Driver

Haha yeah I really am an *******. Can't help that.

But dude, seriously, working in a cramped space under the dash trying to check for continuity with the plugs in the bay is like, almost impossible. It SERIOUSLY takes 5 MINUTES to unclip the few plugs from the ecu and junction blocks, then pull them through the firewall so you can set the ecu/body plugs on top of the engine and have everything in one place. Don't necessarily have to pull the harness from the engine completely. It makes life easier ten fold. And sorry man, but like quick said, when people tell you the easy way out or point you in the right direction and you don't listen, repeatedly, it tends to make people (especially *******s like me) want to exploit the stuff you say like being too good to pay someone to get stuff done when you have a degree in this stuff, or that you've researched this swap for two years, which would lead people to believe this thread shouldn't exist under those circumstances. Sorry man, it is what it is. I hope it all works out, and through all this, I hope you've learned to step back and look at this swap stuff in a different light and account for more things than you did with this one. I'll stay out of all your threads from now on.

Cartmill: I'm almost 29. Looking to learn to tig ss and aluminum, and also load up on math to learn formulas that will help me with the fab stuff the welding skills will lead to and calculating flow, etc. maybe some electronics stuff too. I don't need to go to school for someone to teach me to turn a wrench.
Old 07-23-12, 04:21 AM
JDMb16bEG6
Pole Position

Ooooooooooo mis understanding, the harness has been sitting in the engine bay, I thought you meant the whole harness removed, I've pulled the harness through the bay a few times to move a few pins around and solder them. Your feedback is also appriciated I don't know everything, and I ask questions for a reason, and bein your doin the same swap, it could really help bro