Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

check engine & trac off lights on after mild tune up

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-12, 01:54 PM
Harbinger
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default check engine & trac off lights on after mild tune up

Everything was fine after I changed both coils and the drivers side plugs, wires, cap and rotors, however after I changed all of the same components on the passenger side last night my check engine light and trac off light both came on. It still fires up fine and idles fine. Drives like a v8 now instead of a dying 4 cylinder. I haven't gotten on it hard because I still have work to do(hasn't been over 2k rpms), but this is bugging me. Also changed the air filter and threw a bottle of Lucas oil injector cleaner in the tank. I haven't done any of the fluids yet, as that is on the agenda for this weekend. I spent the early part of this afternoon tracing vacuum lines and discovered one missing - small diameter(maybe an 1/8") coming off of the air intake tube after the maf. I have no idea what is supposed to go there because I can't find the line anywhere. You would figure it would be dangling somewhere, and I'm suspecting that this may be the culprit of the lights, but I don't know what I am looking for. If I knew where it connected, I have enough spare vacuum line around the house that I could put a new one on. Suggestions/Insight?
Old 08-29-12, 02:36 PM
Harbinger
Lexus Test Driver

Codes are 24- intake air temp or sensor signal and 31 - air flow meter signal Does this mean I have a bad MAF?? (And if so) Can I use a good one from an sc3 on my sc4(since I happen to have one laying around)??
Old 08-29-12, 02:56 PM
Harbinger
Lexus Test Driver

Back in business with no cel or trac off light(which I found out just comes on when the cel comes on). I swapped out the maf's because they both had the same fuji electric part numbers on them 22204-42011/FMZ3AYY2. The engine fired right up & I ran it in my 5 mile highway loop & the lights did not return. I capped off that nozzle on the air intake tube, but I would still like to know to what it is supposed to connect.
Old 08-29-12, 04:15 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Check beside the power steering pump for two plastics nipples. They are controlled by vaccum behind the maf, up by the intake throttle body, if my memory serves me right. Can you take a picture of the line or area?
Old 08-30-12, 07:02 PM
Harbinger
Lexus Test Driver

I'll upload a pic asap - probably tomorrow afternoon. Well, since everything seem sorted, I decided to drive the SC4 to work today & the codes (24 & 31) came back after about 10 miles(I remember I was accelerating to pass a semi) and this time they brought along a friend, 25 - Air-fuel ratio lean malfunction. So I'm going to hypothesize that I really need to find that vacuum hose, clear the codes, drive it a bit to see if it returns & add plans for a new fuel filter & look up how to test my injectors.
Old 08-31-12, 03:26 AM
Harbinger
Lexus Test Driver

Totally not my picture, but hey it it illustrates what I am referring to perfectly. Found it on CL by way of google. Also a plan of action - 1st step is to disable the ACV. If this doesn't make the codes stop I'll change the fuel filter follwed by a 12v fuel pump mod since my injectors are fine and I know the MAF is good.
Old 03-27-13, 01:50 AM
Zenny
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Harbinger

Totally not my picture, but hey it it illustrates what I am referring to perfectly. Found it on CL by way of google. Also a plan of action - 1st step is to disable the ACV. If this doesn't make the codes stop I'll change the fuel filter follwed by a 12v fuel pump mod since my injectors are fine and I know the MAF is good.
need info on this as well the one positions by the intake is gone and the one to the right squared off is dangling randomly where do these hoses go please someone help ive been looking everywhere for these 2 . again 1 the intake hose i cant find and 2. the one to the right dont know where it connects at all