Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Problems with electrical and now ignition. Need help.

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-12 | 04:14 PM
rnim21
Driver School Candidate

Default Problems with electrical and now ignition. Need help.

I have been having alot of problems with my electrical in my 95 sc300 lately. i lowered my car recently but didnt rewire the harness into the engine bay. i got lazy and try to take the easy way out by just pullin the harness higher into the fender which didnt work. there was one spot that the tires could still touch. as i drove to school i hit a dip and all my lights, powersteering, and radio stopped working. i got stranded for 3 hrs and had to get it towed. after that i learned my lesson and rewired it into my engine bay. that was my first time ever wiring anything together(crimped together). after i got all the wires done i drove it for about 20 mins and my lights began to become dim, i knew my car was about to die so i had to drive it home. i thought it was my alternator at first but then my friend said it was just my wiring. i had a fresh battery that was a month old that has been drained twice. he said one or some of my wires were draining my battery. as we were working on my car my friend put in the battery and pulled in the terminals while i had exposed wires. one of the bigger wires touched which i think was for the ignition sparked. onced we finished the wires we tried starting the car up, the car would only crank but wouldnt turn over. when the wires touched i think it shorted the ignition and now i dont know what to do with it or where to start fixing. has anyone else had this problem or would know how i could fix it?