Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

which fuel management karman MAF na-t

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-12, 06:39 AM
elpanda
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which fuel management karman MAF na-t

Hey guys I'm looking to begin my na-t build on my 94sc300 automatic...I'm broke and can't afford a standalone so I'm.wondering which fuel manage I should get since.I'm planning on keeping my.maf infront of the turbo....I'm looking to get 400hp with upgraded injectors and etc, I was thinking mapecu but.idk if its like a plug n play I am a lil noob when it comes to.boosting these 2jz
Old 10-05-12, 12:01 PM
A32Boost
Rookie

afc is the most simple way to go
Old 10-05-12, 12:06 PM
elpanda
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by A32Boost
afc is the most simple way to go
Dude I hear so much cons with AFC I'm planning on running with 440 injectors warlboro pump upgraded fpr 67 trim and tt headgasket,...I wanna keep the tuning simple for me and not break the bank and be somewhat reliable as this is my daily
Old 10-05-12, 12:20 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

check out my tt ecu mod on the main sc300 section, its the only reliable way to be na-t without a standalone.
If you pick up a used jdm ecu you will be able to run a map sensor and it will work with the 440's no afc needed.
I am running an aristo ecu, 440cc injectors, tt map sensor, gm iat, walboro pump in tank, and it runs like a factory turbo vehicle.

map ecu or aem fic is about as good as results you can expect with the stock ge ecu, but it will still not run consistent because the ecu itself gets confused when it sees that much airflow, so you will be constantly messing with it.

same piggybacks on a gte ecu though work great if you want to go with larger injectors in the future also.
Old 10-05-12, 01:23 PM
elpanda
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
check out my tt ecu mod on the main sc300 section, its the only reliable way to be na-t without a standalone.
If you pick up a used jdm ecu you will be able to run a map sensor and it will work with the 440's no afc needed.
I am running an aristo ecu, 440cc injectors, tt map sensor, gm iat, walboro pump in tank, and it runs like a factory turbo vehicle.

map ecu or aem fic is about as good as results you can expect with the stock ge ecu, but it will still not run consistent because the ecu itself gets confused when it sees that much airflow, so you will be constantly messing with it.

same piggybacks on a gte ecu though work great if you want to go with larger injectors in the future also.
ok awesome dude another question
if i run jdm aristo ecu do i literally cut the wires off the maf like right off the pigtail to wire in the iat and map? and same thing with ignitor for vvti coils to run with aristo?
Old 10-05-12, 02:20 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

yeah you pretty much got it, compared to alot of swaps its rather easy.
the wires you need for the map and IAT are all on the maf connector, I just cut my connector off and wired up map and iat like the diagram says with long wires so I could run them where I want them.
for the ignitor you need to run just 2 more wires from the ecu to the ignitor, the rest of the wires are there you just swap them to new connector. for the coils you can get a mk3 coil harness and extend, or just make your own if you have some spare coil clips.
do the wiring on the diagram on the ecu and install 440cc injectors, a set of vvti coils and a ds62 ignitor and you are good to go.
It doesn't take that long to do once you get the parts you need ready.
Old 10-05-12, 02:40 PM
elpanda
Driver School Candidate

yeah you pretty much got it, compared to alot of swaps its rather easy.
the wires you need for the map and IAT are all on the maf connector, I just cut my connector off and wired up map and iat like the diagram says with long wires so I could run them where I want them. I
for the ignitor you need to run just 2 more wires from the ecu to the ignitor, the rest of the wires are there you just swap them to new connector. for the coils you can get a mk3 coil harness and extend, or just make your own if you have some spare coil clips.
do the wiring on the diagram on the ecu and install 440cc injectors, a set of vvti coils and a ds62 ignitor and you are good to go.
It doesn't take that long to do once you get the parts you need ready.

Ok awesome I can get coils and ignitor
But where is a good place to get a aristo ecu and tt map
The iat ill get from aem
And how much cash.I'm looking on spending ?
Old 10-05-12, 05:34 PM
SC300_704
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i'm using map ecu 2. it gets the job done.
Old 10-05-12, 09:25 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

you can usually find an aristo ecu from the classifieds here or on other forums usually around $100
Ignitor I grabbed a ds62 from a camry off ebay usually $30
vvti coils are the most expensive part and they vary on condition like usually somewhere around 150.
add the map sensor and IAT and miscellaneous you are looking at about 400 without injectors, less if you sell some of your oem parts you wont be needing anymore. Injectors vary alot depending on what you want to go with.

It sounds like alot but its only a little more than the more advanced piggybacks which with the ge ecu are limited.
With the TT ecu for what you are getting its hands down worth it.
Factory smooth engine management that needs no tuning for 400hp.
knows what to do with boost and is MAP based ,
Full coilpack upgrade to provide a much better spark, no need to gap down plugs.

the map ecu's are good units, the non turbo ecu is just not fun to deal with longterm.
Old 10-05-12, 09:49 PM
elpanda
Driver School Candidate

you can usually find an aristo ecu from the classifieds here or on other forums usually around $100
vvti coils are the most expensive part and they vary on condition like usually somewhere around 150.
add the map sensor and IAT and miscellaneous you are looking at about 400 without injectors, less if you sell some of your oem parts you wont be needing anymore. Injectors vary alot depending on what you want to go with.

It sounds like alot but its only a little more than the more advanced piggybacks which with the ge ecu are limited.
Full coilpack upgrade to provide a much better spark, no need to gap down plugs.

the map ecu's are good units, the non turbo ecu is just not fun to deal with longterm.
Awesome dude thanks a lot man you literally helped out a lot with my project
Old 10-06-12, 04:49 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

follow this man as he speaks the truth .. gte tt ecu is the only way to go for a consistent good and solid running 400 hp na-t absent going standalone .

5 yrs ago i tried the map ecu and man was it a freaking nightmare . map ecu 2 claims to have timing control but all it does is add or subtract from base timing and if you dont know exactl where the timing is its really a guessing game .. na ecu has zero lookup maps in positive pressures so now youre soley relying on knock sensors which in itself are old unrealibale sensors and have a very limited range of adjustment to determine safe timing under boost .. imo for hp in the 300's and less then 10psi of boost i guess you can get away with it but once you get into the 400's , you can forget it
Old 10-06-12, 07:05 AM
elpanda
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lexforlife
follow this man as he speaks the truth .. gte tt ecu is the only way to go for a consistent good and solid running 400 hp na-t absent going standalone .

5 yrs ago i tried the map ecu and man was it a freaking nightmare . map ecu 2 claims to have timing control but all it does is add or subtract from base timing and if you dont know exactl where the timing is its really a guessing game .. na ecu has zero lookup maps in positive pressures so now youre soley relying on knock sensors which in itself are old unrealibale sensors and have a very limited range of adjustment to determine safe timing under boost .. imo for hp in the 300's and less then 10psi of boost i guess you can get away with it but once you get into the 400's , you can forget it

Dude I hear ya
I'll deff heed your guys advice these 2jz I find simple to work on thankfully only reason I asked about fuelmanagement is cause I'm 19 and obviously I don't make big bank to fork over standalone cash ill rather fix my quarter panel and finish my 97 conversion