Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

sc 300 wont start after swap

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-12, 03:39 PM
buckwheat
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok so i did check the ecu at pin 58 and only got 9.23 volts no good? should be 12 volts right? also my batterie is good so no problem there

Last edited by buckwheat; 10-23-12 at 06:50 PM. Reason: forgot
Old 10-23-12, 10:08 PM
subeone
Driver School Candidate

specs state u should have 12V
Old 10-24-12, 01:26 AM
soarer13oy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Aristoman
Yeah i've been searching CL for the past two days. I did see a few threads and PM'd the members but no replys as of yet.
Check to see if you have a wire from pin 76(nsw) of the big ecu connector that goes to the body plug ij1 pin 6. ITs one of the grey connectors and the wire should be a black or black with white stripe.
Old 10-24-12, 01:42 AM
soarer13oy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by buckwheat
ok so i did check the ecu at pin 58 and only got 9.23 volts no good? should be 12 volts right? also my batterie is good so no problem there
Igf should be a pulse reading and not a constant voltage unless im mistaken.
Old 10-24-12, 01:46 AM
soarer13oy
Lexus Champion

http://mkiv.com/techarticles/engine_...bd1_codes.html
Old 10-24-12, 01:49 AM
soarer13oy
Lexus Champion

Since youre getting a code 47 is your sub throttle position sensor plugged in? Correct me if im wrong but i remember tweak tech talking about swaps having issue when the sub tps isnt plugged in. Maybe you can contact them and ask them about that.
Old 10-24-12, 06:14 AM
buckwheat
Driver

ya they didn't add the sub throttle sensor plug. and ill check for the wire in pin 76 to see if its there should be tweak made it. i just think i have a bad ecu i hope not but its starting to look that way

Last edited by buckwheat; 10-24-12 at 06:21 AM.
Old 10-25-12, 10:04 PM
Aristoman
Driver

I fixed my problem... on my 97sc300 original harness there is no wire on pin 8 of IJ2 (grey plug) but on the Tweak'd harness there is.. all i had to do is relocate the wire on pin 8 to pin 17 and the car cranks no problem.. I have the electrical wiring diagram that Tweak'd sent me and im attaching for future reference.
Attached Files
Old 10-25-12, 10:44 PM
vipkbreak1
Driver School Candidate

my car is run by mr.tweaked and they mess up on 4 wires. just make sure everything is wire right.
Old 10-26-12, 05:56 AM
buckwheat
Driver

that would drive me bonkers if they did that. If i just paid 1000.00 for this thing and it's not right they should compensate for that. I hope mine is right because i'm color blind and would really hate to have to take it out and send it back. It was a #$&%@*&%%getting it in. because of where they put the igniter wires.oh and aristoman how is that going to work on mine yours was a original manual mine was an auto going manual. and mine cranks over and almost will fire just not completely. a code 14 is what i'm getting and thats a ground default or loss of power

Last edited by buckwheat; 10-26-12 at 05:59 AM.
Old 10-26-12, 11:08 AM
Aristoman
Driver

that would drive me bonkers if they did that. If i just paid 1000.00 for this thing and it's not right they should compensate for that. I hope mine is right because i'm color blind and would really hate to have to take it out and send it back. It was a #$&%@*&%%getting it in. because of where they put the igniter wires.oh and aristoman how is that going to work on mine yours was a original manual mine was an auto going manual. and mine cranks over and almost will fire just not completely. a code 14 is what i'm getting and thats a ground default or loss of power
oh i see. looks like you have a different problem than mine.. my car wouldnt even crank with the key.
Old 10-26-12, 05:31 PM
soarer13oy
Lexus Champion

pull the coilpack with the pluggs and see if you have spark. Also get a can of starting fluid and spray it into the throttle body to see if the car will start. Of course do it after you have confirmed that you are getting spark. I know you did say that the engine gets hot but its just to make sure.
Old 10-26-12, 06:23 PM
buckwheat
Driver

yeah i stuck a spark tester in and i got nothing. I must not have something right with the harness or something is not grounded right some where and i don't know how that could be i have grounds every where

Last edited by buckwheat; 10-27-12 at 07:04 AM.
Old 10-27-12, 10:55 AM
TweakTech
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Aristoman
I fixed my problem... on my 97sc300 original harness there is no wire on pin 8 of IJ2 (grey plug) but on the Tweak'd harness there is.. all i had to do is relocate the wire on pin 8 to pin 17 and the car cranks no problem.. I have the electrical wiring diagram that Tweak'd sent me and im attaching for future reference.
Marwan, So I did some more digging, and apparently, 92-96 factory manual cars, STA on IJ2 is on pin 8. For whatever reason, on the very rare 97 factory manual cars, STA on IJ2 is on pin 17, not pin 8 like every other SC manual ever made.

With your car originally being automatic, you will not have ANY STA wiring on your IJ2 plug. It's manual only thing that comes directly from the clutch switch mounted on the pedal.

As for any other issue, that harness as a lifetime warranty, you can send it back and we can go over it again, repair any issues we find, and ship it back to you. We cover shipping both ways.

The only thing I really don't understand is when your harness left our shop it was gone through by me personally, and one of our other techs (as we do with all our new harnesses) and it checked out. The ONLY difference between your harness and every other brand new harness we build is that the harness was not shipped directly to you from us. You bought the harness from Yury at Wiring Specialites, so the harness was shipped to him prior to receiving it. But, I don't see how that would cause an issue with the harness.....
Old 10-27-12, 11:35 AM
buckwheat
Driver

Originally Posted by soarer13oy
Check to see if you have a wire from pin 76(nsw) of the big ecu connector that goes to the body plug ij1 pin 6. ITs one of the grey connectors and the wire should be a black or black with white stripe.
I don't have one in pin 76 going to a body plug it's blank

Quick Reply: sc 300 wont start after swap