Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Anybody here running a chasebays gte harness?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-12, 11:03 AM
xspsi6
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Anybody here running a chasebays gte harness?

I was thinking about this harness as the price is right plus it's new however if I understand correctly I would have to wire up the body plugs to the chasebays harness?
This does not seem to hard but I just wanted input from people here.
Old 11-04-12, 03:24 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Chasebays are right up the road from me, in Trussville, AL. I have talked to them personally at the meet we had locally here. They seem to know what was going on. I have read where Zen Motors sent a harness off to them and they did something with it and couldnt get it figured out. Maybe a mismatched harness with different cars. I will say the way they had the harness done at the meet, looked very professional. Sorry I couldn't give any more input of personal use.
Old 11-04-12, 07:57 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 431 Likes on 316 Posts

lol.. Mark, I believe Zen bought a harness from Chasebays which was for JB (Duwerke). It was for his SC 2jzgte swap. It wasn't plug and play. Zen started working on it. Months passed and wasn't able to figure things out . In short they were not able to make it work. So now , they have asked the owner of Ground Zero to work on another harness for JB...lol... that freaking car had been there for 16 months now ...for a 2jzgte swap...lol..

OP , you better make sure of what you are getting, before you get that harness from Chasebays. Am sure you don't want to waste your money.

Last edited by gerrb; 11-04-12 at 08:01 PM.
Old 11-04-12, 08:31 PM
xspsi6
Lexus Champion

Hmm ok will do which is why I wanted some feed back from the forum on the subject, I like the fact the harness is all new and neat and if tweak had theirs priced like that I would buy from them but 1,300 is getting up there for me and 950 shipped is much better imo and I just need to wire in the body connections which if I understand properly is not hard.
Old 11-05-12, 07:42 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Do you have their direct number? I talked to a guy named Matt, if i remember correctly. I would ask if they will give you a discount by being a member on here.
Old 11-05-12, 09:07 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Don't do it ....
Old 11-05-12, 11:05 AM
8052JZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Those guys lagged on my harness even though it was the very first GE harness they made. I sent mine in with all the specs that I wanted and it took 8 months to get my harness back. Than when I go back to install the harness I noticed a few plugs where missing and a "sub harness" as they stated, Which took another 2 months for me to get. I understand it was the first harness but damn 8months after telling me it will be a 2week turn around than a little over a year just get everything squared away? Even before my harness was shipped to me they had pics of it on their site with a price and a turnaround time of 2 weeks. I was so pissed that I demanded for a refund and kept the harness. I’m staying away from those guys just because of the experience i had with them. The harness looks great but I still can’t get my race motor to fire up and I’m sure it’s something electrical due to it being the first harness, so who knows if they might of missed something

I would go with Jordan innovations for my next harness which i plan on getting in replacement of the chase bays.

Anyway, that my thought about chase bays lol
Old 11-05-12, 11:21 AM
Jostar
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DR Tweak is worth the money, Yeah Chase does look very very nice & it is a new harness, But DR Tweak can make a new one as well.. I rather have true PLUG & PLAY that wired in the cabin...
Old 11-05-12, 05:50 PM
xspsi6
Lexus Champion

Well the thing with Tweak was even for a new harness he still needed my sc400 harness for some odd reason which is what made me start to look elsewhere
Old 11-06-12, 06:30 PM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Why don't you make your life easier and go to the salvage yard and get the body plugs from an SC300 or 400 they are the same anyway and have them make you a PNP harness.

You are thinking about the money $799 VS $1200 that tweak charges.

If you wanna save 400 go for it!

The reason they need your body plugs is because toyota doesn't make those connectors anymore.

gl
Old 11-06-12, 06:40 PM
xspsi6
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Quicksc4
Why don't you make your life easier and go to the salvage yard and get the body plugs from an SC300 or 400 they are the same anyway and have them make you a PNP harness.

You are thinking about the money $799 VS $1200 that tweak charges.

If you wanna save 400 go for it!

The reason they need your body plugs is because toyota doesn't make those connectors anymore.

gl
Well I have this harness section cut at the fire wall of a sc300 which I was saving just for the gte harness which ever direction I go so the body plugs are there but what about the trans plugs?
I must keep the built auto in my car so my harness would need those as well.

I pretty nuch have ruled out chasebay based on the feedback on this thread so I will figure out how to get with tweak on building a harness but I really only have 1k in my harness budget

Pic of harness section......
Old 11-06-12, 06:45 PM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

The connectors for auto trans i am sure they have the connectors from people going from auto to manual .

Oh and if you are staying auto don't even think about CB, I had to deal with one car and ...
Old 11-06-12, 07:53 PM
xspsi6
Lexus Champion

Hint well taken lol I will call tweak and see what the best plan of attack is.
Old 11-07-12, 11:49 AM
GTE4Life
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jostar
DR Tweak is worth the money, Yeah Chase does look very very nice & it is a new harness, But DR Tweak can make a new one as well.. I rather have true PLUG & PLAY that wired in the cabin...
I second that. Dr. Tweak did my whole GTE swap and used it as the prototype car for the first NEW harness build in a 5 speed 300. When i picked up the car EVERYTHING worked perfectly. I drove it from South Carolina back to Colorado with no issues, and now a year later i have still had zero issues. Tweak's harnesses are top notch and even though i have not had a harness done anywhere else i would go back to Tweak because of the great experiance i had.
Old 11-07-12, 01:35 PM
DuWerke
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I wish Zen would've went to Dr. Tweak instead of Chase Bay, I wouldn't be in the debacle I'm in now.

Quick Reply: Anybody here running a chasebays gte harness?