Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

92 SC400 1UZ to JDM 2JZGTE Swap Help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-12, 11:19 AM
ConquestSC
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 SC400 1UZ to JDM 2JZGTE Swap Help!

Hello Members,

I'm looking to start my 2jzgte swap in the beginning of the year. I will be leaving it automatic so it a little less hastle with maintenace. Will start with the stock auto for a little while and then i will add the TH400 trans in it from ATI. As far as the engine a will be using the stock twins to start to get the car running and then rebuild engine with single turbo later in the year with the trans due to time. As far as the mechanical stuff i can handle fine. I'm looking for a little more in detail about the wiring. I've read a lot of the threads on here concerning it just wanted to make it a little more simple for myself and others. I will also be runnig the Haltech s2000. But other then that i want it to be mostly stock swap other then required changes that are needed. Just would like to know i'm i removing the body/interior harness and extend it or getting body/interior harness out of an SC300. An as far as the engine harness goes 'im extending that as well correct ? And im i changing that connecters on the engine harness so they work with the body/interior harness. I have an list of things needed from and SC300 to do the swap, just need a little more info concerning the wiring. Ive been on tweak that's like an 1200-1300 dollar harness from them and i'm more then able to do the wiring. If i could really get some feedback on this thread it would really help me alot. Sorry its so long.

Last edited by ConquestSC; 11-09-12 at 11:25 AM. Reason: Grammer
Old 11-09-12, 11:48 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Check out my build thread in my signature. Should help you out rather than reporting it all over again on this thread. PM me for further or post up if you can't find the exact answer.

Why are you using the Haltech versus the AEM? No offense but wondering. Some of the problems lie to getting power to the coil, igniter, and injectors. I would also recommend doing all of the service work before dropping in, before the final start up. Jmo. Good luck!
Old 11-09-12, 02:20 PM
ConquestSC
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the advance, I've been looking at the build you did for your car and you did an awesome job. I plan on doing the service work with the engineout of the car. I just want to get the engine in the car and get it runningclose to stock as possible to work out the problem if there any. Then remove it and build a stout moter top to bottom, i cant afford to be out of the vehicle for no longer then month or so. So when i began the progess i will have anything i need so that i dont have to wait. Ive thought about AEM thats still on my list, i've talk to the tech at titan last week at WCF and the were giving me some info on the Haltech S2000, ive also know coule of people using it on their swap in a 240. I'm alos looking at the thread (username: gerrb), his setup is kinda what i want to do it start.
Old 11-09-12, 05:58 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

If you are looking at my thread, i spent over 13k in it. Gerbbs has spent prolly 20k. My price was for mostly new parts and the tuning bill has royally killed me. Anyway thanks for the compliments and good luck with your build. I wouod choose the management system that the local tuner is most familiar with, so if there are any problems you will soneone to fall bqck on. Jmo.
Old 11-10-12, 06:40 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 431 Likes on 316 Posts

Saw this thread while taking breakfast on my way down to FL.....good advice from Mark..go
with an ecu for which u have local support.

Haltech PS2000 is only for manual transmission...no auto tranny support..not unless u piggy back the stock ecu to get ur auto tranny to work then you cant use haltech ps2000.....

Damn I love the way this beast run on a long stretch of road....it already scared me to death.

Last edited by gerrb; 11-10-12 at 06:50 AM.
Old 11-12-12, 05:21 AM
ConquestSC
Driver School Candidate

Thanks Mark for that great advice and it make since too. To gerrb i've been following the build you done for couple of days know. I thought you were going to use the twins for the red dragon until i got futher into the thread. But yeah pretty much what i want to do is a basic stock set up with stock twins for a little and get the car running with no flaws and then pull it out and rebuild then. With the different harnesses how much would you have to extend the JDM harness verus the Aristo. And vey awesome build Gerrb
Old 11-12-12, 07:51 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

thank you sir .

You need to extend the JDM harness around 15 inches... I did 18 on mine ..
Old 11-12-12, 09:15 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

I also did mine 18 inches and it was a little long. 15 inches is near perfect. Thanks on the compliments. It was along journey, but well worth it when a new Camaro or GT pulls up next to me..
Old 11-12-12, 01:57 PM
ConquestSC
Driver School Candidate

Yeah Thanks guys for all the help with answering some of my questions, and one the Aristo and the JDM engine you have to change the oil pan correct because the sumps are different.
Old 11-12-12, 02:28 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

if you have the Aristo 2jzgte engine .. yes you need to replace the front sump oil pan with a mid / rear sump oil pan . If you have theJDM supra mkiv engine.. that already has a rear sump oil pan.
Old 11-12-12, 04:04 PM
nuturf87
Pole Position

i had this scenario when i had my sc400. Best bet is to either send it to Dr tweak, have him make you a pnp harness, or get yourself an sc300 engine harness and merge it to the aristo harness. The difference from the aristo 2jzgte and sc300 2jzge are almost similar just have to re-pin the harness. or just run an mk4 aem v2 which is pretty much plug n play with only minor changes. GL!! KEEP US POSTED!
Old 11-13-12, 07:03 AM
ConquestSC
Driver School Candidate

Yeah thanks again gerrb. To Nuturf87, Thanks for your information, I'm just going to to the JDM harness and the SC400 harness merge. I'm able to do it just want to make sure i have all my egg line up. I've been on Dr. tweak it would cost me about 1500 dollars to get that haress from him that could be cams or modification to my later build. I just want to get the swap in the car running basic stock with stock twins running off the stock ECU for a little to get all the flaws out.
Old 11-13-12, 07:41 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

OK..... now that you have all the needed information for the wiring, where are the pictures? You know this thread is useless without at least 10 pictures..... LOL
Old 11-13-12, 08:59 AM
nuturf87
Pole Position

sound like something i would do conquestsc.... push the car stock with the 2j swap and save some$$$$$$, the best part about the swap is that its already boosted.....lol. This is a project you HAVE to put on a thread. I would love to see how to merge those 2 harness together. I think if i study it a bit i can probably try wiring a harness my self( pretty geeky when it comes to electronics) lol. BTW if you do plan on going single in the future, let me know i might start fabbing up custom 2jzgte, 1jz, and 2jzge turbo manifolds probably for next year Keep us posted!

Last edited by nuturf87; 11-13-12 at 09:45 AM.
Old 11-13-12, 09:45 AM
nuturf87
Pole Position

what 1jzpwrd said^^^^^^^^^ pics!!

Quick Reply: 92 SC400 1UZ to JDM 2JZGTE Swap Help!