Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

97-2000 LED Tails Fabricated "A" Right Way

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-12, 04:38 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 97-2000 LED Tails Fabricated "A" Right Way

Hey members,

I posted this up on my build thread, but there may be many that have not seen it. So, here is what ClearCorners did for me on my tails. I know their work is a high cost, but the type of LED's they use, plus the quality of their workmanship, and the fact that they completed this in approximately 2 months is amazing. Take a look at the comparison. They look awesome! View the stock 97-2000 tail and the modified ClearCorners light. Notice the pink hue in the outer clear lens cover? The factory Chrome actually accentuates this pink overtone and dates the tail light a little. By removing the chrome trim and matting it black, the pink hue becomes virtually unnoticeable, the tail light becomes much more current in its general appearance, especially with the optional Dark Smoke Tint added. What a major difference and improvement.

Stock tail light:

ClearCorners:

Ryan
Old 12-17-12, 04:39 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

OEM Reverse:

ClearCorners Reverse:

OEM Brake:

ClearCorners Brake:

Ryan
Old 12-17-12, 04:41 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 360 Likes on 230 Posts

If people knew what Clearcorners charged for them they would just turn away their eyes before they fall in love. They are a nice clean look and done right, but they are the VIP of the JDM in C-A-S-H.

They've got it down right and done right.
Old 12-17-12, 04:44 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

OEM Parking Light:

ClearCorners Parking Light:

OEM Signal Light:

ClearCorners Signal Light:

As I mentioned in my Project Thread, I am not attempting to sell you SC owners...I am merely showing you the differences, and they are exceptional, and to explain why, IMO, these lights are worth the money to anyone who decides to ante up for a pair of them. They are worth the money if you want this level of look and craftsmanship. No one does these tails better...Period!!! At least, I have not seen them. ScottURnot's DIY with the Combo 95 and 97-2000 tails, and Zach's Murdered Out set are both nice lights, but both will cost quite a bit as well, and neither have the quality of and quantity of LED's the ClearCorners do. So, again, for LED Tails, these are very tough to beat!

Ryan
Old 12-17-12, 04:51 PM
TripHopBoy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you still never mentioned the price...
Old 12-17-12, 04:51 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
If people knew what Clearcorners charged for them they would just turn away their eyes before they fall in love. They are a nice clean look and done right, but they are the VIP of the JDM in C-A-S-H.

They've got it down right and done right.
I stated clearly that they are a "High Cost" in my opening post of this thread, O. L. T. , just as you reiterated. I know they are definitely not for everyone, in fact, perhaps only for a few. But the craftmanship, quality, design, and engineering are top notch. And if you want them, you pay a top notch price for them. But, they are as close to OEM as you can get with these tails. And, for those that will drop the cash, the exclusivity is *****in!! At least he includes a brand new set of tails which he purchases himself from the dealer, and includes in that price, for the Lexus SC400 97-2000 tails. So, they are brand new, never used, only burned in and tested, and drop dead gorgeous.

Ryan
Old 12-17-12, 04:59 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TripHopBoy
you still never mentioned the price...
You will pay a minimum of a couple of grand for them and several hundred more by adding the reverse light LED option that I ended up adding. I know, most of you wont buy them, that is not what this thread is about. It is about the quality of the light and one way of doing them right.

As a cool discussion, I would be interested in what it cost Zach to have his murdered out set built, as well as what it cost Scott to build his Hybrid set. As well as Kohinoor, who I believe also built a nice set with LED's? Let us also consider the work done by each, and their final results. It will be a nice comparison thread...

Consider my Headlights...I have well over $2,000 in them...Well over...Building a quality set of lights is expensive, especially if one completely remakes them. I am not bragging about spending money here...In fact, I am getting darned over spending it! When you go to this level, and all of us that have done it on their SC's or on any majorly modded car, they become huge black holes and will suck up as much cash as one is willing to spend...

Zach, Scott, Kohinoor and JDMMuscle ? (now Corrected...)

Ryan

Last edited by SC400TT; 12-18-12 at 06:13 AM.
Old 12-17-12, 05:21 PM
dengman
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Very nice!
Old 12-17-12, 05:35 PM
TripHopBoy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thousands? lol....nice lights....so show car only then.... moving on now...
Old 12-17-12, 05:36 PM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

They do look nice, but my account won't allow me to spend those sort of numbers on some lights. But hey, if you got it, you got it-I ain't mad at cha!

steve
Old 12-17-12, 05:39 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I discovered clearcorners a few months back before you posted that you got yours done through them, and I really like their craftsmanship, as you've said, it's really top notch and would almost pass as OEM quality. The only thing that turned me off of them, is the amount of LED's in the tail lights, and considering how wide SC's tail lights are, this would more likely be how it looks from behind...

This pic is from the new Kia Optima. IMO, luxury tail lights should be subtle, and appeasing to the eyes, not this aggressive and irritating.
Old 12-17-12, 05:40 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Leave it up to the engineers on here to do it right. As least of what I remember! !

They look amazing! !!

I want to see them on the car!!!
Old 12-17-12, 05:47 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 196 Likes on 140 Posts

wow, they look great but you must have alot of money to throw around, $2+ grand,,ouch!!
Old 12-17-12, 06:09 PM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SC400TT
You will pay a minimum of a couple of grand for them and several hundred more by adding the reverse light LED option that I ended up adding. I know, most of you wont buy them, that is not what this thread is about. It is about the quality of the light and one way of doing them right.

As a cool discussion, I would be interested in what it cost Zach to have his murdered out set built, as well as what it cost Scott to build his Hybrid set. As well as Kohinoor, who I believe also built a nice set with LED's? Let us also consider the work done by each, and their final results. It will be a nice comparison thread...

Consider my Headlights...I have well over $2,000 in them...Well over...Building a quality set of lights is expensive, especially if one completely remakes them. I am not bragging about spending money here...In fact, I am getting darned over spending it! When you go to this level, and all of us that have done it on their SC's or on any majorly modded car, they become huge black holes and will suck up as much cash as one is willing to spend...

Zach, Scott, Kohinoor?

Ryan
I have more than $1000 in parts and about 20 hours in my unfinished (3yrs now? lol) led tails. What you paid is definitely worth the price (IMO) for a turn key setup with high quality parts and high quality labor. CC's style only slightly appeals to me, otherwise I would have bought them years ago. Nevertheless, I think they will look great on your car.

+1 on the black hole comment

I think this was the first SC I saw the tail lights on:

Last edited by Kohinoor; 12-17-12 at 06:14 PM.
Old 12-17-12, 06:33 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

They seem to do decent work but I still think they charge way too much for what it is. The cost for LED tails for many other cars isn't even half of what they charge. My friend should be making a new set of his version LED tails for me this spring. He made his first one off set and sold them for $700 and now is able to get better materials for even cheaper when buying in bulk. Crystal clear reverse lens and full of LEDs. I'm glad to see someone finally bought a set though. I've only ever seen just the pics they have on their website. Congrats on the new set up.

My current reverse lights look just as bright with just a LED bulb replacement lol

Quick Reply: 97-2000 LED Tails Fabricated "A" Right Way