Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Coolant Lines From Block?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-13, 04:07 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

so you capped the 2 coolant lines (which is good), and you reconnected the brake booster line to the intake manifold with that extra hose you got there on the fuse panel.

No start probably has something to do with swapping the motor. did you use your old harness?
make sure to connect all the grounds back up. does it turn over, does it do nothing at all?
Old 01-09-13, 06:44 PM
ScWift92
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
so you capped the 2 coolant lines (which is good), and you reconnected the brake booster line to the intake manifold with that extra hose you got there on the fuse panel.

No start probably has something to do with swapping the motor. did you use your old harness?
make sure to connect all the grounds back up. does it turn over, does it do nothing at all?
Yeah the brake booster vaccume line is connected thats all good and im using the old harness which is a TRAC harness but i deleted the trac outta the car and it cranks but nothing i hear the fuel pump running and im getting fuel. i did notice the front VSV is disconnected can it be that?
Old 01-09-13, 07:07 PM
Candela
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Huh? lol one has nothing to do with the other
Old 01-09-13, 08:14 PM
ScWift92
Intermediate

ok Just Found out the firing order is wrong so im gonna re do it
Old 01-10-13, 09:28 AM
Candela
Lead Lap

Did you remove the distributor at any point?
Old 01-10-13, 10:52 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

yeah gotta get the dizzy all correct or the most you will get is backfires. let us know how it goes.
Old 01-10-13, 12:17 PM
ScWift92
Intermediate

yeah gotta get the dizzy all correct or the most you will get is backfires. let us know how it goes.
Is this Firing order correct? and im praying the intake mani is forgiving and should i instal back the TRAC manifold while im at it and can you find me the front VSV location and vaccume leads Thanks ALi your Clutch
Attached Images  
Old 01-10-13, 02:46 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

the firing order is 1-5-3-6-2-4, but the little picture of the distributor is not correct.
Number 1 should be in about the 2 oclock position, then it follows the firing order clockwise, which is how the diagram I posted shows the wires going.

You cant really mess that part up though, cause the cap only fits on one way, and the slot for bolting down the distributor doesn't let you get the order wrong, but what happens very easily is people put the plug wires back in the wrong spots so I showed you the diagram. also Im attaching another one straight from the 95 manual.

I dont know what you mean by front vsv and vacuum leads, you will have to take a pic or be more specific on that one. also maybe download the repair manual it has all the stuff in it.
Attached Thumbnails HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Coolant Lines From Block?-timing-order.jpg  
Old 01-10-13, 06:53 PM
ScWift92
Intermediate

well i installed it wrong and it was backfiring out the intake so i did it wrong but i just bought new spark plug wires so ima gonna rip it apart again and install them while i was at it i installed a non broke egr valve and installed the original TRAC mani .....why is the trac manifold so much more frustration to get on than the non trac one and as for vsv i will show u a picture.
Old 01-10-13, 06:53 PM
ScWift92
Intermediate

btw how do i get the owners Manuel ive searched for ever.
Old 01-10-13, 08:04 PM
ScWift92
Intermediate

i now have correct firing order now it wont start and has strong gas smell motor is not flooded so idk where its coming from

*edit*
The Car Started But Due To The Rear Coolant line in the center the old clamp had torn a hole so i need a new line and exhaust is alittle smokey but it does the job
Where can i get that line fast and cheap?

Last edited by ScWift92; 01-11-13 at 01:37 AM.
Old 01-11-13, 01:29 PM
ScWift92
Intermediate

the firing order is 1-5-3-6-2-4, but the little picture of the distributor is not correct.
Number 1 should be in about the 2 oclock position, then it follows the firing order clockwise, which is how the diagram I posted shows the wires going.

You cant really mess that part up though, cause the cap only fits on one way, and the slot for bolting down the distributor doesn't let you get the order wrong, but what happens very easily is people put the plug wires back in the wrong spots so I showed you the diagram. also Im attaching another one straight from the 95 manual.

I dont know what you mean by front vsv and vacuum leads, you will have to take a pic or be more specific on that one. also maybe download the repair manual it has all the stuff in it.
Since It Starts now it takes alot to start it but it starts ,but some times bogs and when it runs it idles fine the exhaust has a hole in it can it be due to low back pressure?
Old 01-12-13, 03:13 PM
Candela
Lead Lap

U sure you hooked up the ignition coil wire after fixing the position on the distributor?
Old 01-12-13, 03:48 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

If you have o2 sensor in and you have a leak it can mess up the mixture.
Where is the O2 and the hole
Old 01-12-13, 06:19 PM
ScWift92
Intermediate

If you have o2 sensor in and you have a leak it can mess up the mixture.
Where is the O2 and the hole
the hole is after both 02 sensors and is the cat im loosing alot of back pressure and i changed the heater valve hose because the car was leakin coolant and now my coolant is a brown muddy color i checked my dipstick to make sure it wasnt head gasket and it was clean and clear.

Quick Reply: HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Coolant Lines From Block?