Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

1992 5 Factory 5 Speed SC 1jzgte conversion HELP PLEASE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-13, 12:34 PM
estomax
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i am looking for a vvti rear sump motor myself and they are very hard to come by. your best bet will be to get the chaser 1jz motor and then swap the oil pan/pickup over from your 2jz-ge and do the extra wiring to make the ecu work with the SC. i am going to most likely go this route next week.
Old 02-01-13, 12:44 PM
g-magoo
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your best bet is going to be calling importers. They might not have things listed online or very well could import exactly what you're looking for. The soarer swap, especially the harness (after extending) plugs right into the factory 5spd car. Its what I have and worth the hassle.
Old 02-01-13, 03:51 PM
SupraDremr
Driver

Estomax- What exactoly has to be modified on the chaser engines harness to make it compatable? I totally have the oil pan off of my 2jzge that I could use to make it rear sump but there has to be a major headache somewhere with the wiring or with mating it with an sc...or I would think everyone would go that route...any info on this and what is needed to be done above and beyond using a soarer 1jz is greatly appreciated as these engines are definitely cheaper and readily available. vvti and non vvti.

and as for the next comment

Thanks g-magoo... I should have the funds here in about a week to finance it and then I will do just what you advised....call all the importers I can and look for one that way. I would totally wait a month or so to have one brought in for me if need be. I really want it to be a smooth install and the soarer vesion sounds like the way to acccomplish that. Any info you know of on what has to be done to make a chaser or supra 1jz compatable with my sc300 though?? as estomax mentioned he might do?
Old 02-01-13, 03:52 PM
SupraDremr
Driver

estomax what part of wa are you from btw?
Old 02-01-13, 05:06 PM
estomax
Lead Lap

i'm in Edmonds, there are a few threads i read of someone who swapped their soarer 1jz into an sc400, complete with wiring harness info and all, ive been reading for about a week now

one thread is here but he doesn't detail the wiring, he had it done by dr. tweak: the ecu plugs on chasers are different.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...done-it-3.html

here is the thread with wiring info
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...arness-diagram

if you want a first gen 1jz, i know they have one in Lynnwood at Foreign Engines.

http://foreignengines.com/

give them a call, it might even be a rear sump! and i think it had a R154 tranny

cheers
Marko

Last edited by estomax; 02-01-13 at 05:22 PM.
Old 02-01-13, 06:28 PM
SupraDremr
Driver

Originally Posted by estomax
i'm in Edmonds, there are a few threads i read of someone who swapped their soarer 1jz into an sc400, complete with wiring harness info and all, ive been reading for about a week now

one thread is here but he doesn't detail the wiring, he had it done by dr. tweak: the ecu plugs on chasers are different.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...done-it-3.html

here is the thread with wiring info
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...arness-diagram

if you want a first gen 1jz, i know they have one in Lynnwood at Foreign Engines.

give them a call, it might even be a rear sump! and i think it had a R154 tranny

cheers
Marko
http://foreignengines.com/

Yes I am looking for a first gen 1jz....and from the looks of the wiring changes and all that need to be done to a chaser 1jz I know I need to steer clear from those...so a soarer 1jz it will have to be.... I will give them a call down at foreign engines and see what they have for sure. I really dont have the cash for a motor and r154 at the moment. I am going to have to find a motor only with ecu and harness and hopefully one thats uncut...I wonder if they would separate the motor and tranny if thats all they have. I have been on their website but it doesnt display prices or give many details. Theres a 1jzgte on craigslist locally for 1900 but he wont respond to my emails and say if it is a chaser or supra or soarer 1jz...so its probably a chaser lol. Too spendy anyways. I sure cant find any 1jz soarer engines listed anywhere online...crazy...I always though having the money for the build was the problem not finding an engine...

Last edited by SupraDremr; 02-01-13 at 06:32 PM.
Old 02-10-13, 01:20 PM
SupraDremr
Driver

Okay, so I did some more looking and was able to find a 1jzgte uncut ecu and m/t ecu all out of a SOARER 1400 Shipped
. Still waiting for pics of the actual motor and hopefully a compression test video... If all looks well in the pics I should have it ordered by friday at the latest.

Now what should I look out for when I get pics of the motor and harness and ecu???? Anything to guarantee it is all out of a soarer?

And for mine and moreso my other halfs sake can someone please confirm what if anything else I will need to complete the swap into my sc? 1992 5 Speed SC300. Wanting to swap in a 1jzgte ecu and harness from a soarer. WIll I be able to use the turbos that come with it? Does anything have to be replaced or is anything recommended to be done while the swap or before the swap is done?

Thanks! Very excited I found a motor....Well as long as it all checks out that is...But thats why I love this place so much....I will post pics of the engine when I get them. The project is getting on its way though!!!! Can't wait to have a turbo'd sc...lol ya buddy!
Old 02-11-13, 08:07 PM
SupraDremr
Driver

Noone with any new comments??? lol Huh, so I heard back from the company today and I think the guy that emailed me today was confused so I had to re explain my situation in a new email and hopefully will get a response tomorrow on the specs....From what he has said so far it is a 1jzgte block, head, turbo and "other" engine components, ecu and harness out of a soarer...I asked for a m/t soarer ecu but he did not specify whether it was a m/t soarer ecu or not...They also said that all there motors are compression tested before importing and also before shipping...150 all across the board...although I think the guy that emailed me today was speaking of a different engine as he seemed to think I wanted just an engine no ecu or harness when the email I got the other day from them said that they indeed had a complete 1jzgte,ecu and harness from a soarer for 1400 shipped...SO tomorrow I guess I will get it all straightened out and get it ordered either tomorrow night or wednesday.

I will keep ya all posted.
Old 02-12-13, 11:40 AM
ctdoughboy
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys I am about to buy a sc300 and is looking forward to do this swap as well some people was telling me I just need to find the 1jz out the soarer with harness and ecu then extend the harness by 18 inches and everything should bolt in is this true?
Old 02-14-13, 06:16 AM
kez
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ctdoughboy
Hey guys I am about to buy a sc300 and is looking forward to do this swap as well some people was telling me I just need to find the 1jz out the soarer with harness and ecu then extend the harness by 18 inches and everything should bolt in is this true?
Yaaaaah yaaaah everything does
Old 02-14-13, 06:36 AM
SFrymyah
Driver

Originally Posted by SupraDremr
Okay, so I did some more looking and was able to find a 1jzgte uncut ecu and m/t ecu all out of a SOARER 1400 Shipped
. Still waiting for pics of the actual motor and hopefully a compression test video... If all looks well in the pics I should have it ordered by friday at the latest.

Now what should I look out for when I get pics of the motor and harness and ecu???? Anything to guarantee it is all out of a soarer?

And for mine and moreso my other halfs sake can someone please confirm what if anything else I will need to complete the swap into my sc? 1992 5 Speed SC300. Wanting to swap in a 1jzgte ecu and harness from a soarer. WIll I be able to use the turbos that come with it? Does anything have to be replaced or is anything recommended to be done while the swap or before the swap is done?

Thanks! Very excited I found a motor....Well as long as it all checks out that is...But thats why I love this place so much....I will post pics of the engine when I get them. The project is getting on its way though!!!! Can't wait to have a turbo'd sc...lol ya buddy!
Where did you find a motorset for that price? Thats a steal.

You will NEED the front half of the driveshaft from an MK3 Turbo Supra. You will need an intercooler setup. You may have to open your trans tunnel up some as well. My car was a factory 5 speed car, but the tripod shifter sits a little higher.

The wiring harness extension is the most difficult part to be honest. Some say you don't have to extend the ECU side - Do it. The ones that don't and say that it sits nice by the firewall are purely lazy. Also, you will more than likely need coil connectors. Hit me up if you need some!
Old 02-14-13, 09:01 PM
GTX580
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

goodluck on yr swap. I would strongly suggest going single when yr engine is out.

My swap went perfect but my twins blew out after 2 weeks. stock twins were a PITA to remove. Im on a garrett 60-1 now and wish that I had just swapped to a single before hand.

i use my old w58 and it fit perfectly. no need to change driveshaft and the holes at the crossmember fit perfect.
Old 02-15-13, 08:49 AM
SupraDremr
Driver

Originally Posted by SFrymyah
Where did you find a motorset for that price? Thats a steal.

You will NEED the front half of the driveshaft from an MK3 Turbo Supra. You will need an intercooler setup. You may have to open your trans tunnel up some as well. My car was a factory 5 speed car, but the tripod shifter sits a little higher.

The wiring harness extension is the most difficult part to be honest. Some say you don't have to extend the ECU side - Do it. The ones that don't and say that it sits nice by the firewall are purely lazy. Also, you will more than likely need coil connectors. Hit me up if you need some!
The 1400 price was for a 1jzgte, ecu and harness out of a soarer. I got the price from jdm_world2008 on ebay. He had a few 1jz engines listed but no soarer versions so I just emailed him and asked. His first response said he had it all for 1400 shipped...Then the next response was he only had the motor and harness...Then he said there is no engine harness or ecu only engine head and block turbo and engine accesories, compression is 150psi all around...Then his next email said he "like I said I got cut harness, new shipment in 4 weeks...."So I was left just confused...

I ended up calling a local importer and went up there and was able to pick between 2 different Soarer 1jzgte sets for 1595.00 plus tax. Not so good of a steal. lol Engine, uncut harness, ecu and auto tranny. More than I wanted to spend but its done and aquired. They even delivered it for free! Now I can begin the build! Probably start with the harness extensions. Here are a few pics of my new motorset. What do you guys think?

Old 02-15-13, 05:36 PM
SupraDremr
Driver

Well I almost have the 2jz ready to come out. Spent about 4 hours today (Not the most mechanically inclined) and only have to remove the interediate shaft and the engine mounts and hoist her up and out. Went pretty smooth. Hopefully tomorrow I can get my cousins neighbors cherry picker and get the 2jz out.
Old 02-15-13, 07:40 PM
estomax
Lead Lap

Looking good dude. time to hammer it out over the weekend. hopefully you're not working outside cause it's gonna rain.

Quick Reply: 1992 5 Factory 5 Speed SC 1jzgte conversion HELP PLEASE!!!