Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Turbo Install Project

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-03, 06:50 AM
SC300TURBO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

your something else man......ok....ill have to stop by and pick them up from you....sorry i ever tried to help you out..
Old 03-03-03, 07:26 AM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by SC300TURBO
your something else man......ok....ill have to stop by and pick them up from you....sorry i ever tried to help you out..
I know you tried to help but it didn't work. Toyomoto ruined the last chance of redeeming themselves by not sending the replacement MAF they promised. If you are indeed their friend and can't even get them to follow up then it shows how little they care. For them to have you nag me over and over again for something as trivial as two little bits is pretty sad.

On another note:

Summation to folks here.

This should be the Stage II kit for 1996 SC300 (at minimum)

440CC RC Injectors
Turbo TO4e
Exhaust Manifold
New Intake w/filter - that really fits in the car
Supra TT MAF
Thick Headgasket
Wastegate set at 6lbs
3" Downpipe
3" Midpipe
Warlbro fuel pump
Fuel pressure regulator
Apexi S-AFC
Apexi AVC-R
Front Mount Intercooler
Custom Piping
Greddy Type S BOV
Extras(oil lines, connectors,etc.)

$7000

This kit can actually get you to the horsepower level claimed and not 210RWHP under.
Old 03-03-03, 07:30 AM
wmulli
Lead Lap

Originally posted by Hermosa
Did they ever send me a working kit?
I really didn't want to stick my nose in here, BUT...
Hermosa, please don't hold the tools for "ransom". Lance lent you those tools in a gesture of goodwill. If you screw it up and **** him off, he won't be willing to lend tools again to the rest of us that may someday need them. C'mon, send his tools back and then maybe Jeff and Lance would both be more willing to help sort out your issues.

Just my $0.02 (I know, where it doesn't belong, but hey, it's a public forum!)
Old 03-03-03, 07:31 AM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Hermosa, why not get a hold of Lance and tell him you didn't receive the MAF?
Old 03-03-03, 07:37 AM
SC300T
Lexus Test Driver

This kit can actually get you to the horsepower level claimed and not 210RWHP under.
That's funny, Lance said I'd get 360rwhp with my Stage 1.5. I added MSD, AVC-R, and Midpipe to his kit and layed down 423rwhp with virturally no tuning on pump gas. So, yeah, he was a little off.
Old 03-03-03, 07:54 AM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

Wmulli,

I have to find them first. It may take some time. I am not in any rush.

Lex,

Have you called them before? Even if you get lucky and are able to reach them you would have to call back every day for weeks in order to get a reaction. Calling them is not worth it anymore for me. It is the reason I was aggravated with the whole thing last year. Now I am just in acceptance of the poor response.

SC300T,

Yes that may be true for an OBDI SC300 remember I am talking about a 1996 OBDII SC300. He should know the difference.

Last edited by Hermosa; 03-03-03 at 07:55 AM.
Old 03-03-03, 08:14 AM
pcmw
Lexus Champion

Mike and Jeff!!!!

Take this argument to PM. My opinion (for what it is worth $.00) You borrow something, return it. You sell something, back it up.

MW
Old 03-03-03, 08:50 AM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

Cool. Just for the record I did not request or borrow any tools.
Old 03-03-03, 11:26 AM
SC300TURBO
Lexus Test Driver

my goodness...im not gonna get in a pissing battle...there has been mis communication on both ends of this.....lance sent you the tools as a kind favor because you were "getting the kit installed that week" and needed things asap...its now several months later and you have had the desire to send them back...he sent you the last part of the original shipment like overnight so you could have everything ......he was also told it was a 95...i dont know who what why or when it was but thats what he was told...he knows very well the differance between OBD1 and OBDII...
please just take 5 min of your day and send back the tools he let you borrow to help you out on your install....
your the only one who has seemed to have any issues with quality or type or equipment and price......
everyone has been very satisfied with output and quality of the kit...yes it is not a quick process....but the quality and power are there...anyway....

im not goig to say anymore....except please..
Jeff
Old 03-03-03, 01:17 PM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by SC300TURBO
my goodness...im not gonna get in a pissing battle...there has been mis communication on both ends of this.....lance sent you the tools as a kind favor because you were "getting the kit installed that week" and needed things asap...its now several months later and you have had the desire to send them back...he sent you the last part of the original shipment like overnight so you could have everything ......he was also told it was a 95...i dont know who what why or when it was but thats what he was told...he knows very well the differance between OBD1 and OBDII...
please just take 5 min of your day and send back the tools he let you borrow to help you out on your install....
your the only one who has seemed to have any issues with quality or type or equipment and price......
everyone has been very satisfied with output and quality of the kit...yes it is not a quick process....but the quality and power are there...anyway....

im not goig to say anymore....except please..
Jeff
You got it all wrong and please PM this instead. He screwed it up. It's simple.
Old 03-03-03, 01:30 PM
SC300TURBO
Lexus Test Driver

I A NOT GONNA GET INTO ANYTHING FURTHER

i dont want to pm..i dont want to understand...you have your thoughts about the situation...i have mine.....i understand why you are upset about some things...all im asking is to return the favor of returning the tools that were lent to you over 2 months ago.....i asked lance to send them to you as a favor for all the problems with the shipping.....now i look like a total a$$ because you dont want to send them back...please send them back..plain and simple.....
Jeff
Old 03-03-03, 01:50 PM
SC300T
Lexus Test Driver

i look like a total a$$
hehe... Jeff, you're the only one in this situation that DOESN'T look like an ***. Myself and many others on the board greatly appreciate your contributions here at CL. If Lance doesn't get his tools back, all you can say is that you tried on his behalf. Every business now and then gets screwed over by a customer. I'm sure from Hermosa's standpoint, he's using them (the tools) as payment for all the delays, and Lance will probably just have to buy new ones to replace them. Sadly, Hermosa doesn't get the old addage "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours". If I were Lance, Hermosa would get ZERO from Toyomoto until the tools are returned.
Old 03-03-03, 02:14 PM
SC300TURBO
Lexus Test Driver

i truly appreciate the kind words SC300T..i have tried...to be fair and helpful...to everyone
and i dont think he understands the i scratch yours/you scratch mine..
Old 03-03-03, 02:55 PM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

I have been more than patient and did not even sue for false advertisement. I had let this rest but he(Jeff) keeps bringing this up. Yes Jeff, you did make your self look like an a$$ but that is because you believed the misinformation that Lance gave you. You guys need to know that I am not holding these tools hostage. I simply do not know where they are since I moved recently. As for the comment from SC300T about how they should not make good on their failed support, shame on you.

If you read the post from the beginning I was very objective until Jeff started to whine and defend Toyomoto. I encourage him early on to step back but he kept harping on the subject and used his misinformation against me. That is when I had to set the information straight and let him know what truly happened and not what Lance was telling him. If looked at this objectively he would not have looked like that much of an a$$. I would like to continue this thread on the actual install so please do not pollute it further. If you do not have anything constructive to add then stay out. Please...

I appreciate any technical talk but please be objective and leave your jaded opinions to another thread.

Last edited by Hermosa; 03-03-03 at 02:56 PM.
Old 03-03-03, 03:08 PM
ChrisSC300
Pole Position

I have a simple question. Hermosa purchased the stage II kit but it only comes with the TO4e tubo the stage I gets. While the stage 1.5 kit comes with the larger T60-1. I was just wondering why the stage 1.5 had a larger turbo than the II.

Quick Reply: Turbo Install Project