Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Turbo Install Project

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-03, 10:11 PM
CmputerWiz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Hermosa
CWIZ that last post you made was very, very helpful. Thank you very much. If that is how it is supposed to be then I will simply force it to mate with the stock setup for now and then really think about the exhuast. Chevy 350 exhaust note may be too loud for me. Any droning and resonating in the cabin?
If I could do it over again, I would put resonators on just like Jeff said. There was some "droning" in the cabin, but not too much. Resonators would have gotten rid of all of it. Sorry for the late reply! If you have specific questions for me, you may want to try e-mailing me at Steven@SCRconcepts.com to get a faster reply!

SR
Old 01-15-03, 07:56 PM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

Old 01-15-03, 07:59 PM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

Alright the injectors are in and the car is beginning to be put together again.

Updates:

I bought dual electric fans to provide room for intercooler tubing.

I bought one of those yellow batteries.

I bought a Universal Greddy 60mm Piping Kit to make some intercooler tubing.

The company that was getting me the Strut Tower Bar was crooked and I had to stop my order. But I will get it through another company.

The midpipe now fits perfectly after some modifications. I will use the stock exhaust until I get the 12psi tuning.

I had to buy a Supra O2 sensor since the stock secondary O2 sensor does not mount correct.

Last edited by Hermosa; 01-15-03 at 08:00 PM.
Old 01-19-03, 03:26 PM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

Hey guys,

I ran into another snag. The kit came with what I think is a LS400 MAF but I am not sure. The kit did not include the connector for the MAF so I am stuck. Did yours come with the connector?

- Mike
Old 01-19-03, 09:32 PM
CmputerWiz
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by Hermosa
Hey guys,

I ran into another snag. The kit came with what I think is a LS400 MAF but I am not sure. The kit did not include the connector for the MAF so I am stuck. Did yours come with the connector?

- Mike

I didn't even get a MAF with mine! I WAS ROBBED!!!!! I used a s-afc to add the extra fuel...wish I had gone the bigger MAF route. :-/ Just wire it in with the wires from your MAF.

SR
Old 01-20-03, 11:13 AM
SC300T
Lexus Test Driver

I remember Lance saying you could use your old connector. I think you can actually use the stock SC300 MAF sensor thingie too, the LS400 MAF just has a larger body.
Old 01-21-03, 09:41 AM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

I'm pretty sure about that too, Mr. Scott how's the head project coming along? Put a deposit on another SC yesterday, so if it's a go after I rack it, i'll be joining you boys, shhh....
awj, it's coming along nicely for you, but while I have your attention, I can't for the life of me get a hold of Lance, any suggestions?

- Jon
Old 01-21-03, 11:01 AM
SC300TURBO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what can i do for ya lex?......tell me about the car ya put a deposit on...Jeff
Old 01-21-03, 01:00 PM
awj
Bluegr*** Performance

awj, it's coming along nicely for you, but while I have your attention, I can't for the life of me get a hold of Lance, any suggestions?
:eek:

What about it? You found one too? Where is it? PM me. I got Lance's number, he called me once - but I never got to get a hold of him. He left a voice mail on my office in box. The man's time is like gold. I'll be in Miami Saturday.

Maybe we should all meet up over the summer.

Last edited by awj; 01-21-03 at 01:13 PM.
Old 01-21-03, 03:16 PM
SC300TURBO
Lexus Test Driver

you will be in miami?....Jeff
Old 01-21-03, 03:40 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Well, Jeff and awj, I didn't want to tell you guys about it because I didn't want to jinx it, but i'm checking it out tomorrow, so i'll spill the beans. It's a little of a trip to get there, but should be worth it. 1999 SC3, looks to be loaded - heated seats, TRAC, spoiler, etc. It's Silver over Blk, my favourite colour - when Lexus changed the Silver to code 1CO for '99 and 2K, I knew I had to have it, it's got that slight tint of green to it, nice and classy IMO, like how the Blue complements the Silver on your Platinum car Jeff. Anyway, as you guys know there's no stick after '97, but I wanted a '99 or 2K if possible, they've got the latest round of changes - 3 spoke wheel, perforated lthr, DRL's, indash changer w/ DSL and DSP, etc. I'll stick w/ the auto for now, and if a valve body and converter don't do it for me, then i'll swap in the Getrag. Anyway, with the VVT-i i'd be silly to pull the motor for a GTE, so i'll do a single. It will also get a full Alpine 5.1 Dolby multimedia install, and some other toys, first I have to make sure it's exactly what i'm looking for, so i'll let you guys know how it goes. As for Lance, I spoke with him this morning, funny how after the whole big debate over manifolds he's switching to a tubular equal-length design like the GReddy. Anyway, Jeff we need to talk, i'll PM you with my cel digits. We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread......
Old 01-21-03, 04:20 PM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

Lex you might wan to hit up Swift Racing. Their IS300 turbos will mount to your car and may only need a little tuning. Mo did mention this before to the forum. You could just send in the car and get it over with. He sometimes gives breaks on project cars for new kits.
Old 01-21-03, 04:41 PM
awj
Bluegr*** Performance

Wow......

Who'd of thunk it. Sounds like a good buy Lex. Hope it works out.

Yep, I arrive in Miami at 4:10pm Saturday. Turn right back around and get on a plane at 6:25am Sunday. We could meet up if you're interested. Would like to check out your ride. But it is a tight schedule so if not, it's all good.

Last edited by awj; 01-21-03 at 07:52 PM.
Old 01-21-03, 05:30 PM
SC300TURBO
Lexus Test Driver

LEX...AWSOME car.....hope it works out.....

Hermosa..i wouldnt reccommend anything with the words turbo and swift racing in the same sentance.....he has the experience with turbos that i have with brain surgery....and no im not a brain seurgon...

AWJ...i have a busy weekend this weekend...going to the monster truck jam on friday as well as a training class.....and sunday i have superbowl plans....so mabye the next time
as for the manifolds....lex is letting the cat out of the bag.....lets see how it goes...mabye ill show up with one on my car
Jeff
Old 01-21-03, 07:41 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Oooops, guess Lance forgot to tell me not to tell anyone, Mr. H i'll edit my thread if you think that's appropriate. I won't say why he's switching manifolds unless Jeff says it's cool, I don't want to step on any toes. So what's the training class for, brain surgery? Long as your surgical skills are better than your spelling brother , boy I love to bust your cojones, but seriously a visit from me and Deb is long overdue, we'll have to take care of that. As for Swift, i'm with Jeff on that one, anyone who pushes over two bar on stock head gaskets is suspect in my book. Sorry Mo. Right now it's down to Paisley, PF NYC, Toyomoto, or 'T51R's shop in Virginia, Scram Perf. Centre. I just don't have the room or the time to do it myself, i'll have three Lexi now, and barely enough space for two.

Quick Reply: Turbo Install Project