Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Turbo Install Project

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-03, 03:04 AM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by SC300TURBO
you need to eat more cheese...lol
Fromunda cheese? :eek: In addition to pubic relations, i'm sure you're a damn fine fireman/paramedic/baller, but you want to be my barber too? Mohawk, hmmm, only if you let me braid your back hair. A high of 72 and clear skies? Grrr, it's so cold here in NY that i'm pretty sure my package froze to my leg on the way down the driveway this morning....
J.H., how long do you think until the new manifold is out? Transport to Miami would have to be at least $1200 or so round trip, no?
Old 01-24-03, 04:06 AM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

Okay I need some advice. The materials sent in the kit for the air intake are the following:

Some car's rubber tube with vacuum hose attachments
MAF Adapter
LS400 MAF
K&N Filter

When put together with some spare couplers I happened to have, this assembly is about 8 inches too long to fit in the car. This setup was never tried on a SC before. Any suggestions on alternatives? I took my SC400 intake pieces to try and fit something together. If you guys received this stuff in your kit can you shed light on the subject?

Last edited by Hermosa; 01-24-03 at 04:07 AM.
Old 01-24-03, 10:29 AM
Ebanks
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Lex Luthor

Oh, and wmulli, once the distributor is out, you can use the HKS cams in a GE head, if i'm wrong then SC300TURBO can hog tie me and shave my noggin'...
Depends on how you go distributorless. You can use the intake side regardless, but if you use a 7mgte CPS in place of the distributor you still have to have a GE cam because it has a gear on it for the pickup that the TT cams don't have.

-Ethan
Old 01-24-03, 11:45 AM
SC300TURBO
Lexus Test Driver

hey Ethan is alive.....the CPS is an option to go distributorless but the TT cams wont work with that......so not the same deal....
hows your monster E.B.

Lex...just take a drive down...and drive the car back home...i promise the drive home will be alot more fun killing vettes...porsches...and vipers on the way home
Old 01-24-03, 11:46 AM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Hermosa
Okay I need some advice. The materials sent in the kit for the air intake are the following:

Some car's rubber tube with vacuum hose attachments
MAF Adapter
LS400 MAF
K&N Filter

When put together with some spare couplers I happened to have, this assembly is about 8 inches too long to fit in the car. This setup was never tried on a SC before. Any suggestions on alternatives? I took my SC400 intake pieces to try and fit something together. If you guys received this stuff in your kit can you shed light on the subject?
Anything? Anyone? ...
Old 01-24-03, 01:07 PM
SC300T
Lexus Test Driver

No, but the Crower regrinds will, right? Ethan, how are is the Crower 268/270 combo doing? I think I got the same cams as you, but haven't got it the car back together yet to test them out.
Old 01-24-03, 01:40 PM
wmulli
Lead Lap

Default cams and distributors

Originally posted by SC300TURBO
...the CPS is an option to go distributorless but the TT cams wont work with that......so not the same deal....
So, what's the best way to go distributorless, and is it worth the expense to do just to run the HKS cams, or is it just as effective (and I imagine a LOT cheaper) to have the GE cams reground?
Old 01-24-03, 01:43 PM
wmulli
Lead Lap

Default LS400 MAF

<... snip! ...>

I have a LS400 MAF sitting in my garage that I was planning to put on, but haven't gotten to it yet. I had assumed it would just bolt on in place of the SC300 MAF?!? Hermosa, are you using a different intake manifold?
If anyone has done this before, I'd be interested to know how as well...
Old 01-24-03, 02:38 PM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

No it is stock but the parts provided do not fit the SC300 without heavy modification and custom parts.
Old 01-24-03, 02:43 PM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

Okay I can make the intake work with some custom parts. The bigger question is with the pin-outs on the LS400 MAF. They are not in the same order as the SC300 MAF. Can anyone shed light on which color lead connects to what pin on the LS400 MAF?
Old 01-24-03, 03:17 PM
wmulli
Lead Lap

Okay I can make the intake work with some custom parts. The bigger question is with the pin-outs on the LS400 MAF. They are not in the same order as the SC300 MAF. Can anyone shed light on which color lead connects to what pin on the LS400 MAF?
Hermosa, I have the Mitchel Repair CD's that have wiring diagrams. If you let me know what year SC, and the year of the MAF (if known, if not, just give me the wire colors) I'll see what I can find.
Old 01-24-03, 04:20 PM
wmulli
Lead Lap

Default MAF Wiring

Hermosa, I had a quick look and it looks like the positions on each MAF have the same functions, just different colored wire. Here's what it shows for '96 models:

----- SC300 ------------------- LS400
1 Black/Red ----------------- White -- Idle Air Control, EGR, Fuel Pressure, Evap Valve
2 Yellow/Green ------------- Blue/Yellow -- ECM - VG
3 Yellow/Black ------------- Yellow/Black -- ECM - THA
4 Brown ----------------------- Brown -- ECM - E2
5 Blue/Red ------------------- Green/White -- ECM - EVG

I don't know what the ECM codes are (I can dig deeper if you need to know), but they're the same codes for each ECM so I presume they're the same function. I have to run some errands now, but when I get back I'll try to look up the pin voltages as a sanity check.
Old 01-24-03, 06:35 PM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

I tried the new combo and it did not work. It was put back and it ran again but the check engine light is still on. The AVC-R and S-AFC are going in right now. Anyone have input on what to do?
Old 01-24-03, 06:46 PM
wmulli
Lead Lap

Default MAF

Did the wire colors match up? In the diagram, the pin numbers weren't listed sequentially, but the traces to the ECM matched up. I listed the numbers sequentially for clarity. I'll dig again and try to find pin voltages...
Old 01-25-03, 09:03 AM
awj
Bluegr*** Performance

Transport to Miami would have to be at least $1200 or so round trip, no?
Not really. I'm flying out and back today for about 4 bones including hotel stay overnight. But that is just one night. I'm not so sure my deal is going to work out. I'm trying to figure out why someone would use a ct26 on a ge and if the manifold can be used with t4 flange turbos. Kind of a let down.

Quick Reply: Turbo Install Project