Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

1jzgte Soarer Swap into 1992 SC300 Wiring issues...

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-13, 06:27 PM
SupraDremr
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1jzgte Soarer Swap into 1992 SC300 Wiring issues...

I am in the process of my 1jzgte swap into my 1992 5 speed sc300. My harness was received with smashed connector and I am in the middle of my harness extension and am stuck extending this connector.

Here is the body connectors I have on the 1jz harness that are good:

And the one I cut from my old 2jzge SC300 harness to replace the missing body plug:

I found the body plug on my sc300 that was the only body plug I was missing on the 1jz . All of the wires are exactly the same exept for 2 of them. So 10 of the wires match up but two do not. I have no other loose pins or wires on my 1jz harness anywhere, I have or rather had 12 loose wires hanging close to the smashed connector in the 1jz harness and the body connector I clipped off my 2jz harness has 12 wires coming out of it as well but the only 10 of the 12 match.

The two wires I have left on the 1jz harness are a black wire with a white stripe and a white wire with a black stripe and grey dashes.
Seen here:.

On the sc300 body harness connector I am using to replace the broken connector the two wires that are left and do not match are a white with grey dashes and a black wire with an orange stripe and grey dashes.
Seen here:

Any idea which ones go together? I have no idea on this one...Rest of the extension should be a breeze for the most part as all the rest will definitely match up...lol

Another issue is I have 5 connectors coming off the 1jz harness that lay on the drivers side of the engine and I don't know where they hook up too. Here is a pic of these connectors... Anyone that knows where these go?
Heres three of them:

And another:

And the last:

And lastly this wire that has what looks like ground hooks on it all the way up it is cut on the end...anyone know where this hooks up too?

Here is another pic but you cant see the cut part cause it fell behind my coat sleeve just trying to give a view of the wire it is on.

I tried to be as informative as possible to help you all in helping me out with these hopefully minor issues.

And as always Thanks!!!!

Last edited by SupraDremr; 03-02-13 at 06:30 PM.
Old 03-02-13, 07:22 PM
Lokz
Driver

Your 1JZ has an auto ecu and you are mating it with a 5speed car yes? I could be correct or wrong, maybe some of those wires are the extra wires that you dont need to bother with. An answer from one of the guys who has done this before would be more convincing than mine. The last picture looks like the battery wires, follow the wire back and see where its going to, If its going to alternator then its battery wire for sure.

Last edited by Lokz; 03-02-13 at 07:29 PM.
Old 03-03-13, 06:38 PM
SupraDremr
Driver

Originally Posted by Lokz
Your 1JZ has an auto ecu and you are mating it with a 5speed car yes? I could be correct or wrong, maybe some of those wires are the extra wires that you dont need to bother with. An answer from one of the guys who has done this before would be more convincing than mine. The last picture looks like the battery wires, follow the wire back and see where its going to, If its going to alternator then its battery wire for sure.

Yes the ecu is an euto ecu and the car is a 5 speed. The wires I a taling about are part of the body harness plugs not of the ecu plugs...I would think that the they pair up one way or another but I dont wanna guess wrong and have to tear apart y harness later to swap the two wires around...It was and always has been my underwstanding that the body harness connectors were identical on the soare and sc300...which they are looking at them and the only connector I had to replace on the 1jz harness (because it was smashed and cracked and over half gone) I took from my 2jz harness... There are 12 wires coming from the 1jz harness that was damaged and 12 wires coming from the harness I cut on my 2jz motor...10 of the wires are exactly the same on both sides...2 of the 12 wires are different though...I know that was just saying what I said earlier but ya...I am hoping that soeone knows which one goes to which...I cant see the wires just being not needed...as there is 12 wires coming into the plug on both the 1jz and 2jz connector in question... I will follow the black wire and let you guys know where it originates from and hopefully I can get that figured out too...

Anyone with some knowledge on this????? I took all sorts of pics to help...lol Kinda at a stand still until I get this figured out and you guys are my best resource.
Old 03-03-13, 08:45 PM
SupraDremr
Driver

Well thanks to LOKZ for providing me with a copy of a translated 1jz pinout to help me out. Now it doesn't tell me what colors wires go where but it does tell me what pins do what. Because the 1jz connector I am fixing like I said earlier was smashed when I recieved it so I do not know where the loose wires that were in the connector were placed... However on the 2 jz connector that matches it the two wires that are left are in positions 1 and 5 of this Engine loom to body loom plug.

JZZ30 Toyota Soarer 1JZ-GTE 90980-10813 Engine Loom to Body Loom Plug

This grey plug is located inside the passenger foot well and mates with male connector 90980-10812.

1 Engine Mounted Diagnostic Connector: FP

Fuel Pump ECU: FP Fuel Pump Power Input The body loom side of this pin needs to be connected to the positive side of the fuel pump wiring and the fuel pump ECU FP pin.

The engine loom side of this pin connects to the engine mounted diagnostic connector FP pin which allows power to be directly applied to the fuel pump in order to test its functionality.

5 Alternator: L Alternator Charge Warning Light Output The body loom side of this pin needs to be connected to the dash mounted alternator charge light.

The engine loom side of this pin connects to the alternator L pin.

Note: On >01/1994 vehicles the alternator wiring is part of the body loom, not the engine loom.

Now does anyone have an answer for me? Anyone know which of the 2 wires I have on the 1jz side is the #1 pin and which is the #5 pin?
Old 03-04-13, 11:01 AM
SupraDremr
Driver

Can anyone take a pic of this harness on there car? ANd let e know what color wires are going into the #1 and #5 pin spots on it?That should totally resolve my connector issue...My harness and ecu are a first gen soarer with trac...my car however has no trac...ECU # is 89661-24280 ANd here is a pic of the connector and the pin numbers.

Thanks!!
Old 03-07-13, 08:48 PM
SupraDremr
Driver

Wow...Nobody with any help for me on this? Well thanks to a buddy that stopped by, I figured out that the five wires that I could not figure out are all plugs that go to the old auto tranny... So after a bit of searching it seems that one of those plugs should be my speed sensor and plug directly into my tranny and then I need to use another one of the wires in another harness to do the nuetral switch bypass... Still gotta do more reading on that because I am not getting much love on here with my threads. I got 14 wires left on my body harnesses to extend and then thats done. Not doing the ecu plugs at least not right now...

There is a little two wire connector that runs off the harness near the alternator but I cannot see what it would plug into...Anyone with any I deas? I also have one bare green wire in my harness that I cannot for the life of e figure out where it goes...I sure hope it is not important...Or that will be an absolute nightmare...Crossing my finger for a starting car tomorrow.

Got my i/c fro cxracing, radiator, twin electric fans, throttle cable from a camry and fluids today. Got the radiator and throttle cable installed and worked on the extension today. Be back at it tomorrow.