Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

1jz swap into SC300 fuel feed line leaking and wont stop!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-13, 08:45 PM
SupraDremr
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1jz swap into SC300 fuel feed line leaking and wont stop!

I spent about three hours today trying to get my fuel line hooked up to my 1jz motor. Needless to say I stripped both the 2jz fuel feed banjo bolt and the 1jz banjo bolt in my various attempts and re attemps at getting it hooked up. The banjo bolts were identical between the 1jz and the 2jzge engines when I compared them to each other....But no matter how tight I tightened the bolt into the block fuel would still seep out the back of the banjo fitting and run down the fuel line and dripped constantly. I finally gave up after being soaked with gasoline and getting a few facials of it as well I got the second stripped bolt out and tied the fuel line up.

Is there something I am missing? I have read and re read alost every 1jz build thread on the net and never remember reading anything about the fuel feed lines not hooking up right.

Anyone with some help on this? I am frustrated to all get out on this. A total waste of 3 hours and 2 more googling it thinking someone has had to have had this issue before...

I can take pics or explain myself better if needed ...just ask... Thanks!!!!
Old 03-08-13, 09:05 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

did you miss the washers I think there is one on each side of the banjo fitting.
Old 03-08-13, 09:21 PM
SupraDremr
Driver

I only had one washer on there...I tried it on both sides and it leaked... I have to get a new bolt now anyways so I will be sure and get two washers when I get the replacement bolt...So it should just hook up no problems then like I thought? It has got to be the washers then.

Thanks Ali
Old 03-12-13, 11:20 PM
onlydrinkk
Driver School Candidate

it should be two copper washers one for each side
Old 03-13-13, 08:14 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

Yeah those 2 washers literally do 100% of the sealing on each side, last time I went to the dealer, I bought a couple extra's cause they always seem to disappear when you pull the fuel line off if you don't catch them right there.
Old 03-13-13, 11:16 AM
INTIMAZY
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Make sure you don't lay on your back in the gasoline too long...

.. ask me how I learned this
Old 03-13-13, 09:27 PM
joe diego
Lexus Test Driver

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Washers....! I think they are called crush washers. This happened to me.
Old 03-13-13, 11:30 PM
onlydrinkk
Driver School Candidate

have you had any luck with the fuel line and sometimes you can get those miscellaneous washers and groments at your local hardware store. I live in those places.
Old 03-14-13, 07:10 PM
SupraDremr
Driver

I picked up a pair of the washers at y local Lexus dealer and also got a new banjo bolt. I finally got it installed Tuesday and no leaks this time... And as far as the laying in gas for too long comment goes..My hands, arms and back all got a nice soaking in fuel....nice tingly burning feeling and instant dry skin...lol Not fun! Would not have been so bad if I hadn't been trying to route the fuel line around the oil dipstick instead of behind it like it goes...Once I figured that out it went in in a few minutes... Must have messed with it and dropped the washer that seats up to the block at least 50 times....Annoying!!! lol Thanks for all your help though guys.