Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Can i supercharge my 92 sc?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-13, 09:15 AM
that92sc
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

with a stock sc400, how much would it cost total for a turbo setup
Old 03-21-13, 04:48 AM
mickesanda
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by that92sc
with a stock sc400, how much would it cost total for a turbo setup
Hi,
You should do a search before you post. I don't think you understood that we were joking. Of course you can supercharge your SC400, however if I were to judge, considering your question, the level of knowledge you have about engines is not enough to go through such a project.
You have to consider that there are no kits you can buy, people are solving sollutions as they come.

You'd be better of with a nitrous kit in my opinion.

Search the forum for K95SC400 or procharger or my own thread. There are many sollutions and many threads about this.
Check out http://www.lextreme.com/sc.html also.

/mike
Old 03-21-13, 04:53 AM
Subjug4tor
Driver

Originally Posted by mickesanda
Hi,
You should do a search before you post. I don't think you understood that we were joking. Of course you can supercharge your SC400, however if I were to judge, considering your question, the level of knowledge you have about engines is not enough to go through such a project.
You have to consider that there are no kits you can buy, people are solving sollutions as they come.

You'd be better of with a nitrous kit in my opinion.

Search the forum for K95SC400 or procharger or my own thread. There are many sollutions and many threads about this.
Check out http://www.lextreme.com/sc.html also.

/mike
+1

If you have to ask, it's too much.
Old 03-21-13, 06:21 AM
that92sc
Driver School Candidate

I know a bout engines,just not as about supercharging them, especially a Lexus, I would like to go with a m90 supercharger, I'd like sd something simple I can put on using stock internals, the most I'd do is maybe new fuel injectors
Old 03-21-13, 06:32 AM
Dream36
Pole Position

OMG, are you serious, or trolling?

If you are serious, STOP! search and read search and read keep at it till you understand everything. it isnt just about injectors or one part or another. it is about the entire thing, from fuel, to air, to spark, to timing, hell to exhaust. then you got all the math in the middle. No, you definitely should NOT be thinking of doing this on your own.

If you are trolling then **** and GTFO
Old 03-21-13, 06:56 AM
that92sc
Driver School Candidate

What r u talking about, a m90 supercharger can run on 5psi......there's not a whole lot of math needed there, I have headers running into a x pipe into sper-r's....... Don't reply back ifbu don't have something helpful to say, I came here asking a simple question
Old 03-21-13, 07:02 AM
mickesanda
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dream36
OMG, are you serious, or trolling?
He was trolling !
Old 03-21-13, 07:45 AM
Dream36
Pole Position

ok, so have you figured out which plugs you will use, or the piggyback (standalone?)? I am glad you got headers, they will help immensely with boost and keep spool late in the RPMs where it is needed more. are you planning on running AC, PS? How about fans, have you found a good setup yet?

Another piece of advise is to stay away from ebay IC's as they will come with to much pressure loss (meaning that 5psi pulley will be more like 3.5psi at manifold).

The second most important advise would be to spend your money now and reserve dyno time to tune it or else you will blow the motor.

The most important advice is to take your car to a track day and practice as it is now. You would be surprised how quick the SC400 can be even with stock output.

With that said, I may have came off as a **** and I dont care. the truth is, I HAVE boosted a N/A car before, and I learned many lessons the hard way. I also have several motor swaps under my belt and shoving a 5.7l into a bay that originally had a 1.2l is imho an amazing task. I wish you the best of luck. Personally I can admit your first post has caused many to flame you since you asked "with stock internals" which is almost always a recipe for disaster. I would strongly recommend reading about detonation and how to avoid it, because once you go boost it WILL destroy all you invested. I would look at maybe going with a thicker head gasket to lower compression or just go three step colder on plugs.

Either way you chose, dont blame us for your questions. Many of us have been tuning cars for a very very long time. We only use the "if you have to ask, the answer is always no!" line because for example I have seen hundreds of young guys come and go and they all say the same ****. that and it is true, if you are asking a bunch of strangers on a online forum, then you just dont have the knowledge or skillset to achieve what you want.

In conclusion, I suggest you do it. just do it bro, and prove anyone who doubts you wrong. Trust me in that because it was always my motivation. "turbo your saturn?" "you are crazy" yes, I did it, actually I was the first to do it to a third gen and only two that I know of were able to do the same (1st and 2nd gens were easier due to the PCM).
Old 03-21-13, 07:57 AM
that92sc
Driver School Candidate

Pictures and videos will be posted in summer
Old 03-21-13, 09:09 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by that92sc
I know a bout engines,just not as about supercharging them, especially a Lexus, I would like to go with a m90 supercharger, I'd like sd something simple I can put on using stock internals, the most I'd do is maybe new fuel injectors

With that highlighted comment, you dont know engines. Sorry, bottom line. And if your having to ask about supercharging, dont even consider a turbo kit...and no, just injectors wont cut it, cause your missing the most important part of an EFI engine and F/I. You cant just slap this stuff on and expect the car to go, cant even do it with a honda. There is more involved than saying "im gonna throw a charger on my engine and some bigger injectors and drive." And if your unclear as to what Im referring to (cause Im not going to say what it is), stick with the stock engine and go for show.