Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

jzz30 wiring diagrams

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-13, 04:24 PM
sc300Gil
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post jzz30 wiring diagrams

I cannot find sufficient wiring diagrams to fix my cut 1jz soarer body connections and tranny connections. where could one find color coding and definitions of the wires in my loom. The pinouts are useless to me the connectors are cut. is there anyone I can be referred to who vendors this information?

I need-

jdm wiring translations by color codes and or connector pinouts with color coding

usdm wiring translations by color codes, pinouts would work because my stock harness is uncut.
Old 04-10-13, 07:04 PM
Vrank
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's called a multimeter and continuity testing. Get the factory wiring diagram book and it's simple.

Things that go to the cluster:
Oil pressure
Oil level
Water temp (single wire sensor)
Check engine light
Airbag
Tach (solid black wire on small igniter plug)

Things that get power:
Injectors
Igniter
Coils
Iacv
o2

If you can understand how to read the diagrams for your vehicle, then figuring out the rest is cake, albeit tedious cake. Doing wiring by colors is retarded. Toyota changed things between years/models/etc. Going by circuits and continuity is the only way. Usdm Mk4 diagrams will give you all the schematics for circuitry. You will need to ignore two things: 1jz non vvti doesn't have a maf. BUT it does use the same circuitry for the IAT inside the maf of the mk4 for it's external IAT in the manifold. Also, injection is not sequential. So you'll need to research how the 1j batch injection is paired.

So basically, get your 1j harness, find the stuff listed at it's plug, then find the wire that has continuity to it at the severed place, then connect it where it would've went in your sc or 1j ecu. All the circuits/functions are labeled the same. Make your injectors get power from where the sc injectors got power, same for ignition, same for +b circuit.
Old 04-12-13, 07:47 AM
sc300Gil
Driver School Candidate

I can't find a 93 Lexus wiring book. I have seen 92 and 94 for sale on eBay but I don't want to get the wrong information. Would these work?
Old 04-12-13, 07:54 AM
sc300Gil
Driver School Candidate

And thanks alot Vrank!. You have been very helpful I am not trying to come off as oblivious to this Stuff. I have a fluke meter which I've grown a custom to but this job would be the top on the difficulty list. Tracing the circuits I could unclip harnesses at the sensors you mentioned and find continuity at the cut body section correct?
Old 04-13-13, 05:42 AM
Vrank
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah it's gonna be real tedious. And yes, unclipping at the engine and checking for continuity at the cut section would be key. I'd look for the same color wire at the cut thats at the particular sensor to help narrow it down. Honestly I'd pull the harness and label everything if you're not quite familiar with it, then go from there since it will be easier to trace stuff out that way after unwrapping. A 92 ewd from lexus should be fine. 94 too. I've seen 93 before on amazon and ebay before, but the others should be sufficient. If you end up doing this in this way, you'll ultimately have a great working knowledge of your vehicles engine control system which make troubleshooting and other things like management upgrades a snap in the future. IIRC a guy named bryan koshy uploaded a 95 mk4 supra pdf on google plus. That will have all the gte circuitry to get you familiar with the 1j stuff, and the 92 ewd will get you familiar with your cars stuff. depending on how well you take to it, just stare at it a bit and figure out how to make it all conform to your needs
Old 04-16-13, 06:01 AM
sc300Gil
Driver School Candidate

Your awesome. thanks alot! , i pulled the drivetrain on sunday it was beautiful up here in new york and now im at a halt because i need to purchase a clutch kit, 225lph fuel pump, and a front mount intercooler kit.. i already have the rear seal kit from my 2j waiting to be used on the 1j and i can easily find a Camry throttle cable.. i will use this time to take the harnesses off both motors in the garage and make the length adjustments i need to. at the same time checking the circuits you mentioned and swapping the connectors to the 1j harness. I ordered the 1992 Lexus sc300 factory wiring book from amazon and will be getting at the loom pretty soon. for now i will degrease, clean and touch up the bay she deserves it.