Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

scX00 swap a 1jz-gte

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-02, 02:27 AM
asuka
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default scX00 swap a 1jz-gte

i have a 1jz-gte twin-turbo 2.5L from a jzz30 soarer w/ center slump oil pan w/ auto tranny, full uncut wiring harness and ecu

i heard this motor easly swap into the sc class fairly easily
need info though

is it sc300 or sc400 for easist swap and what years?
Old 12-27-02, 08:14 AM
RaynArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

as far as i know, the 300 would be easier. then again your using the auto tranny so... possibly the 400 could be the same as far as labor goes.

there really is no best year if your swapping motors IMO. it would depend on personal preference with the little added options and extra features in the car, (i.e. 12disc cd/etc)
Old 12-28-02, 02:10 PM
SupraCoup3
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hehe an easy engine swap... That's song.

Alright, 1st of I don't know how you're gonna get the ECU which is made to work w/ a combo meter (JDM) to fire up correctly w/ our analog speedo display. Good times.

2nd, why in the world would you build a slush box turbo? Unless you really, really, hate dropping boost on shifts and just want straightline speed... why not go for a Getrag 6sp?

Seems to make more sense.

What would make the most sense would be slapping a toyomoto on that ****! (ho ho! like the rhyme?)

But seriously. the 1JZGTE is a bit different.

the 2JZGTE is a stroked and bored version of the 1JZ.

the 1 has ceramic turbos (just go single )
and replacement parts are gonna be fun to get. S/O from Japan? Mmm i feel sick to my tummy already.

Clint P. (SC300TT) actually had someone w/ a JDM TT Soarer do a 2JZGTE swap because of engine problems, and no one could fix it. You may want to try PM'ing him, maybe he'll grace you with a reply.

Pop Pop Cheerio!

John
Old 12-28-02, 07:41 PM
Dimcorner
Pole Position

I'll let you know if i run into any problems with my soarer. It has a 1JZ in it and it's running like a champ!

The 1JZ can also be had for about 1/2 the price of the 2jz so if price is a issue then 1jz is not a BAD option. I can use a supra ignition coils, spark plugs, water temp sensor, etc.

as for the 6sp. money might be a issue. a 1jz front cut off a soarer can go for as little as 2k. A Supra tranny alone is about that much for a 6sp let alone paying for the engine.

I'm not saying the 2jz is bad, by all means if you have the money go for it, but if you are going to be happy with around 500-600rwhp then a 1jz will run alot cheaper. If you are looking at 900rwhp then i dunno, haven't seen anyone try that with a 1jz, but i'll let you know maybe in 1 year when i go that route with mine

Last edited by Dimcorner; 12-28-02 at 07:42 PM.
Old 12-30-02, 07:10 PM
asuka
Driver School Candidate

well 1st i have to get this in a car before i go modifing for a 6spd
i'm good when it comes to working on motors and tranny swaps, but i know very little about whole motor swaps to cars that never had that motor as a choice. perhaps i'll just buy the 1st scX00 i run across and just go at it
Old 01-03-03, 12:26 AM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by SupraCoup3

2nd, why in the world would you build a slush box turbo? Unless you really, really, hate dropping boost on shifts and just want straightline speed... why not go for a Getrag 6sp?
Sup big John, long time no speak. Turbo cars work great with an automatic! (GN.......). Besides, some ppl (like myself) are lazy sometimes, and define true luxury as having big power but not having to shift for yourself . Still, the Getrag is lots of fun and extremely strong, but also adds alot to the cost of the swap, you could swap in the GTE and use the oe automatic with the valve body done, it's strong enough for full BPU all day long, and with a converter you'll be spanking most 6speed cars on 60ft times. Besides, nice low mile 5spd SC's are getting pretty rare, and converting an automatic over is a PITA, but to each their own. Flame away you Getrag lovers . Where's SC300TURBO when you need a good fight?

- JonJon