Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

just got tuned after new part install and car goes crazy, need help

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-13, 04:12 PM
kinch09
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just got tuned after new part install and car goes crazy, need help

OK so i just installed Kelford 260 cams, BC valve springs and PTE 6266. im having very very bad sputtering problems after tune

supposedly the car ran good on a dyno i was at work while it was on the dyno

we tested it on the street it started sputtering a little in high RPM. He made some adjustments then realize I was low on gas, almost on E.

we put some gas and then start acting better. After I left the shop it started sputtering just a little bit like it did before I put gas in it. So I get on interstate and give it all she's got and blow one of the intercooler pipes off. i drove home fine and stayed out of boost until i could put it back on

After getting home and putting the I.C. pipe back on and taking off for a ride it just went crazy. Its sputtering out of control like its out of gas. Now it can barely move while its sputtering and it runs rich as Crap just crusing. once i try getting into boost it goes all the way lean. And everytime I put in the clutch it shuts off.

My guess is since we doubled the fuel pressure at the REG from 20psi to 40 psi the fuel pump sucked up a lot of junk and now it is clogged with the filter

also the tuner says my RC 650cc are almost at 100% duty cycle at 427 HP, this just does not seem right. im running a walbro 255

please help, it seems like i cant get a break with this thing. im going to buy a new filter, spark plugs and aeromotive 340 or aem 320 pump

sorry MODS if this needs to be moved to performance section please do.

Last edited by kinch09; 04-17-13 at 04:19 PM.
Old 04-17-13, 06:37 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

moral of story , get yourself a real tuner

650 cc done at 427rwhp , wow ..get those injectors checked .. recheck timing is synced with aem .. check map sensor reads between 95-99 kpa key on car off .. check tps is synced with aem .. again get competent tuner
Old 04-17-13, 08:05 PM
SOLID300
Pole Position

like lex said make sure your timing is correct. First time I went on the dyno I kept getting mixed numbers and timing kept getting thrown off. Turns out my aftermarket cam gears weren't bolted down properly so it kept retarding itself and advancing.

Also make sure all your vacuum lines are on and secured properly. I dont know where you got your walbro but hopefully it isn't a fake. I believe you there are way to visually inspect to make sure that is not the case. Also start looking for a new tuner.
Old 04-17-13, 08:40 PM
jwin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What fuel are you running? I would check the fuel filter first to see if its clogged and things of that nature. Seems like you aren't getting enough fuel and that why you car is going lean.
Old 04-18-13, 05:10 PM
kinch09
Driver

there are only 2 shops here that tune and the other from what ive been told is a conartist. it really sucks paying someone so much money to tune and this happens...not saying it the tuner idk thats why i made this thread. but they did tune my car before the install and i didnt have any problems.

im using 93 octane and i plan on checking all vacuum lines, timing and replacing pump, filter and plugs
Old 04-18-13, 05:20 PM
emoFTW
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would take it back to the shop.
Old 04-18-13, 05:50 PM
kinch09
Driver

Originally Posted by emoFTW
I would take it back to the shop.
they said its a fuel issue and i need to get it fixed. After i get it fixed they will dial everything in with the tune
Old 04-18-13, 08:05 PM
Vrank
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if the 650s are done at 430whp then it sounds like the pump or regulator is on its way out and the injectors are compensating. The part about it going rich first makes me think it's the regulator. Your tuner should have had someone watch the fuel pressure gauge if it was on the regulator and confirmed he's having to compensate for pressure issues. Maybe he did. Ask him.
Old 04-19-13, 03:44 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

if you want to preserve your investment and have your car running safely to its fullest potential , contact alpha at inductionperformance.com.. you can fly him in .. hes one of the top 5 tuners in the country .. check supraforums , his screname is alpha .. he will make sure car runs as it should
Old 04-19-13, 01:52 PM
SFrymyah
Driver

If you ran for a while with an IC pipe blown off, change the plugs. I blew a pipe off on my DSM and drove for two miles and it barely ran because I fouled all of them. Thats a quick easy check.
Old 04-19-13, 10:51 PM
kinch09
Driver

Originally Posted by lexforlife
if you want to preserve your investment and have your car running safely to its fullest potential , contact alpha at inductionperformance.com.. you can fly him in .. hes one of the top 5 tuners in the country .. check supraforums , his screname is alpha .. he will make sure car runs as it should
yes i do not want to lose my investment at all, already spun a bearing during the first build. This sounds pretty expensive, if you dont mind can you PM on about how much you paid for it all? thanks

Originally Posted by SFrymyah
If you ran for a while with an IC pipe blown off, change the plugs. I blew a pipe off on my DSM and drove for two miles and it barely ran because I fouled all of them. Thats a quick easy check.
yeah it was for around 5 miles i ran with it off. I was going to change them anyways. thanks for the input